Possible play for Opening Night on Wednesday-Thoughts?

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
The Ducks started out their season overseas with he B2B games against the Kings. Both games were 4-1 with each team gaining 2 points on the trip. J.S Giguere is still recovering from a sports hernia I believe and may or may not be ready for Wednesday. He will prolly be ready at some point this week but at this time that is unknown. The Ducks have already started two different goalies this season.

Heres the 'situational' factors I like:

-Huge evenge for Detroit off the playoff loss
-The travel for Anaheim. The players mentioned that they had just got used to London time and now must readjust. So they have went from Pacific time, to London time to Eastern time.

I don't see any lines up yet at Bookmaker nor 5dimes. Any ideas to possible numbers for this game and would you support such a play?

LiquidNoose was all over this situation Saturday night. I'm sure he'll be posting his play soon, when there's a line...but i know i'll be tailing him on the Red Wings wednesday night.

Yes definitely Detroit. All that travelling can set a team back a week or two. I cant fathom the Ducks being anything but a little sluggish. And to give you an idea, here the canadian sports lotto have Detroit at 1.75, so itll be more online as always, maybe something like 1.90 - 2.00.<STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE><STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE>

NHL just went gray on Pinnacle which should mean that we will get lines soon!!!

:tiphat:

Opening lines at interwetten (60mins)!

Canadiens - Hurricanes 2.55 - 4.20 - 2.00
Ducks - Red Wings 2.70 - 4.30 - 1.90
Senators - Maple Leafs 2.25 - 4.20 - 2.25
Stars - Avalanche 2.45 - 4.20 - 2.05

At first glance, Red Wings at -110-ish and Sens +125 looks pretty tempting, but I'd prefer to play OT Incl. and will wait until I see those lines...

Feels good to have the season here... FINALLY!!!!

:tiphat:

and as I finished typing, the OT lines came up!!!

Canadiens - Hurricanes 2.15 / 1.60
Ducks - Red Wings 2.25 / 1.55
Senators - Maple Leafs 1.85 / 1.85
Stars - Avalanche 2.05 / 1.65

anyone know if the rookie is playing goal for Habs manana??

According to the Montreal Gazette, Huet is gonna start for the habs in Carolina. Huets wife is apparently ill, though not severely I guess.

<STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE><STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE>

Ya TSN reported HUET will start tommorrow, and BAR talking about that Ducks/Wings game I do like the wings but right now I am getting a rediculous -200 from pinny so right now I'd stay away at that juice.

i do like the Canes this season after reading a lot of reports. They should be able to bounce back into the playoffs this season. Should be a difficult team to play at the RBC.

BAR- Great line on the Wings! I belive your reasoning on this game is good. The Wings should handle the Ducks easily. I would be on them as well. However I don't want to pay the juice! Good luck with the rest as well!!

Back