plays

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
3-1 last time out

murray st + 31 (-120) - situational play and murray can sling the rock. Coach Grass is already preaching the importance of the game this early in the week while he knows damn well he'll be scrubbing it as quickly as possible. JSU got dinged up a little last week as well.

Alabama st pk (-120) and also ov 37 (-120) - I could throw a bunch of numbers at you but the short version is miles has had a really nice season (for their standards) but this is a step up. A step up that I don't believe they are ready for....

GLTA

thanks mrob, I appreciate that (handshake)

tenn state pk (+100) -- of the 10 team statistical categories listed on the ovc conference page, state is ranked better in all but one ( tech has the edge in rushing offense 123.5 to 123.4). Excluding the tech win over Austin peay ( I tend to exclude Austin peay a lot when evaluating this conference), tech has allowed at least 38 in their past four games which is on par with their 37.1 allowed per game for the year (which would be worst in the league if not for Austin peay). The wrong team is favored and I elected to go with the pick 'em rather than lay 20 cents on the +2. I am pretty sure I won't have anything else. The young State team gets to .500 on the year with a 38-24 victory.

find nothing but winners

Also wanted to ask your opinion on Valpo/Jacksonville under 58? Can't see Valpo putting up more than 10 here. Also do you have an opinion on Kennesaw/Presbyterian. Line moved up to Pres -5 today and I have to think the wrong team is favored there?

Also wanted to ask your opinion on Valpo/Jacksonville under 58? Can't see Valpo putting up more than 10 here. Also do you have an opinion on Kennesaw/Presbyterian. Line moved up to Pres -5 today and I have to think the wrong team is favored there?
Good point, dr. tim. Wrong team might be favored here.

Capt BOL this week. Curious what site you use for your FCS team stats?

I like the conference pages...for example Jax state

http://www.ovcsports.com/index.aspx?path=football

team pages

ncaa

and I like to try and find local newspapers.... Anniston star

I think the 58 on valpo is a little high, but I don't look at either team much and valpo could certainly give up 40 easy, so who knows. I am glad you mentioned Kennesaw because I hadn't gotten around to looking at that one, and I played it as well. Only thing I can figure is some were concerned about this . Appreciate the good lucks Blood and Bull. Hope everyone has a good one.

as always, best of luck to you as well Tim

north Alabama -12.5 (-120) and the ov 50 (-120) --- I've been thinking on this one all week. While newberry has an awesome defense on paper, I don't believe it. Newberry is 4-3 in conference play and una is 6-1. The difference between the gulf south and the south atlantic is huge imo, and I think it will play out that way. Last time newberry came to Florence they left with bruised egos by a 38-20 score (2006) and are 2-10-1 all time when they visit the heart of Dixie. I honestly look for a mauling considering una is averaging 49.2 per game when at home. Call it 48-24.

enjoy your Saturday and win money (clover)

Back