Playoffs Discussion

6. Lakers/Cavs/Magic wrap for a mortgage payment. Payout will suck but its guaranteed $$$$$. Maybe throw Nuggets in to make payout decent and risk less...

If you could parlay those series the return is about $19 per $100 invested. Not too many places offering a 19% return for two weeks. :cheers:

Det pistons over Clev. cavs in 6 give me pistons 27/1 in the series please with a huge hedge opp. if they win game 1 :smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe:

I realize that Detroit is getting great odds in this series, but there is a good reason for that. 8 seeds have won only a handful of times, and who can tell me this headcase of a team can honestly win a series against a team that tied the NBA record fir home wins? Pistons are gonna get rocked. They MIGHT take one.

I just spoke with my brother today (we both live in Philly). I thought the series price would be somewhere between 350 and 500 for ORL. I think 1000 is outlandish. 2 keys for Philly:

#1 They ARE the more athletic team.

#2 They have the advantage at the PG position.

Ok, so Orlando can shoot, and Philly can't. But what if ORL is not making shots? Is Howard seriously the X-factor and the justification of this line being -1000?

#3 Philly can't even beat bad teams who's seasons have been over for weeks

#4 They barely beat Cavs in must win game w/o lebron, Mo, and Z.

#5 they suck...big time...

I realize that Detroit is getting great odds in this series, but there is a good reason for that. 8 seeds have won only a handful of times, and who can tell me this headcase of a team can honestly win a series against a team that tied the NBA record fir home wins? Pistons are gonna get rocked. They MIGHT take one.

The team is fully capable of catching lightning in a bottle and at 27/1 to win a series and the possibility of hedging out if they win game 1 .......too large to pass up IMO

I copied this from the other thread, since this title says playoff discussion, i will post it here as well;

Curious. what would happen if Lebron, twists his ankle, pulls a hamstring, collides with his own teammate and gets a concussion and has to miss the series? Is there value then?
Is there value in taking +2300 vs a team that is built around 1 player vs a team that has veterans that have been their before and other players that would love to beat the Cavs?
Cavs are nothing without lebron. Without him on the court they have no advantage at any other position.

There is no such thing as VALUE unless you are planning to REBUY the Cavs at a lower number than -2300 and gurantee some profit--

THen it makes sense from a value perspective point of view----

The only way it makes sense in VALUE is if the Pistons win this series----- That is the only way or if they take it to GAME 7 where you can likely hedge out on cavs moneyline for some sure profit--

IF those are the intentions I agree there is VALUE, but otherwise there is no value in Pistons winning, cause more than often they will lose to the Cavs----

I could see Pistons having value vs the Magic, because they have a legit chance to beat the MAGIC---

There is no such thing as VALUE unless you are planning to REBUY the Cavs at a lower number than -2300 and gurantee some profit--

THen it makes sense from a value perspective point of view----

The only way it makes sense in VALUE is if the Pistons win this series----- That is the only way or if they take it to GAME 7 where you can likely hedge out on cavs moneyline for some sure profit--

IF those are the intentions I agree there is VALUE, but otherwise there is no value in Pistons winning, cause more than often they will lose to the Cavs----

I could see Pistons having value vs the Magic, because they have a legit chance to beat the MAGIC---

Sammy,

I would hedge if it got there.

this is what i wrote in the other thread again

While i agree its a longshot for Lebron to get hurt, this is something that I look at in value because they have no one else.

Lets look at the spurs and the Celtics both missing Superstars.
Now look at those teams and ask your self can they win their series without these players?

Celtics, yes they have pierce, allen rondo.
Spurs, They have duncan , Parker, great game day coach.
Cavs. they have Z, varejo, ben wallace, moe williams, west. CRINGE.

All i am saying is that for 23-1, i will take a shot, yes a long shot, at Detroit making it a series and if their star gets hurt, they will fold like a deck of cards. <!-- / message -->

Cash man its certaintly worth it IMO to throw down a token $100 on it IMO---

I guess you have to look at the real possibillity of LEBRON getting injured, is he injury prone, how many games has he got injured. Is he fragile to get injured--
IMO he is so strong that it would take a twisted ankle or knee to keep him out--

If he is injured I think they will shoot his ass with some horse steroid and he will jump up from the injury table and be ready to go- THis is not a man, this is a MACHINE-

OUt of all the guys to get injured, he is less likely than Wade, garnett, Kobe to get injured, beacsue he is so BIG and MEAN-
I think only shot of his injury is a ankle twist or blown knee--

However Pistons can win even if he is playing, but Lebron owns Prince, he is just too strong and will punish Prince and overpower him easily---

Pistons are not a bad bet, but IMO they cant win in Cavs stadium, so i dont see how they push this to 6 games even-

Back