1. San Jose
8. Anaheim

4. Chicago
5. Calgary

2. Detroit
7. Columbus

3. Vancouver
6. St. Louis

What are some general leans you guys have and thoughts, i'll get this thing rolling thinking NY has the ability to out muscle the Caps of the 8 teams in the playoffs, they have the worst goaltending..think the rags could grind one out...

Last edited:
going out on a limb here lol, but no way in hell does boston lose to the habs this year. no toughness for montreal, at all. thursdays game i counted 6 turtles from montreal players, then when the refs break everything up, they start yapping like they wanted to fight. gainey must be embarrassed to watch that shit. boston pushed it to 7 last year, just because of their grit and toughness. montreal was much more talented, but still struggled to get to the 2nd round. this year boston has the much better club and they will knock around montreal. 4-0, 4-1 series boston will win.

cant back a flyers squad til they actually get a goalie who produces in the playoffs, so i'd have to give the edge to pitt. only -130 for the series right now, though if pitt had the home ice it'd prob be -200. no idea what goes on in the nj-car series wont touch that one with a 20-foot pole. i could see the rags giving washington some trouble, but they just dont score enough. lundqvist is gonna have to steal that series for new york.

was praying for a van-chi first round matchup and would've unloaded on the canucks. now we get van -400 against columbus. i like to watch calgary play, but i just dont see them as a real threat to win the west this year. so the 4-5 matchup in the west is between two teams that i dont have a lot of confidence in. however, i do think that will be a solid series to keep an eye on. both teams have great home crowds, so it should be exciting.

i would love to bet anaheim at 3-1 over the wings, but the more i think about it, detroit will be on the pp alot this series. the ducks take too many penalties for them to win a series against the best pp in the nhl. anaheim loves to fight to change the flow of the game, but detroit doesnt really fight, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out if the series goes deep. now anaheim has a great pp too, and detroits weakness is their tenders right now, but detroit should pull this one out. probably see a couple 7-4, 6-5 games in this one haha. prob just take the over every game this series and you'd come out up money...

The West isn't set yet.

It depends on what St. Louis does today, if they win they get 6th and play Vancouver then Colombus plays Detroit and Anaheim plays SJ

If they lose than what you have is right.

As a Pens fan I'm not crazy about seeing Philly just because it's such a huge rivalry. I do think the Pens are better, but I can't see a way that series doesn't hit six games. I'll be betting the road teams accordingly, looking for that one road win.

I don't see the Rangers as as big of a threat, I think Washington gets by them somewhat easily. I'm sure Lundqvist will steal a game, and maybe Washington gives another away, but I see the Caps moving on.

Somebody, it may have been Don Cherry, made a good point last night on HNIC which was that Kipper for Calgary has played way too many games this year. Apparently the year they made their run he was managed well through the year and was ready for the playoffs. But in the last couple of seasons he's been ridden too hard and he falls apart come the playoffs. So history says stay away from the Flames--or at least look at their overs.

Only two "upsets" I see in Round 1 based on the current seedings are Pittsburgh and Carolina, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pens favored.

you guys like washington that much? no goal tending that's the kiccker for me

you guys like washington that much? no goal tending that's the kiccker for me

The Rangers are sort of the mirror opposite, all goalie, nothing else.

Wow....Blues could get the 6 seed with a win today? I know STL wants no part of Detroit so I was thinking theyd lose today for sure to play San Jose, but theyd love to get the Nucks......if Im correct theyve beat them at least once this year.

Blues went 2-2 v. Sharks and Canucks this year..........Im hitting STL -175 to beat the Avs today.....

I really like the Canucks but I think the price will be high, might take a look at the Ducks. I will take the Flames over the hawks.

In the east I think Flyers/Pens is a toss up and I think Joe has it right with betting the road games for value in this series.

I like the devils to beat the Hurricanes, they have been hot yes but I don't see Cam Ward out dueling Brodeur in a playoff series.

Boston/Montreal will be a massive price and I think Montreal can win at least a couple, I think that goes 6 maybe 7 games.

Boston/Montreal will be a massive price and I think Montreal can win at least a couple, I think that goes 6 maybe 7 games.

If for nothing other than rivalry's sake, you've gotta love both Habs/Bs and Pens/Flyers in the opening round of the East. Teams that have never liked each other, with lots of history. Should be some good hockey.

And don't sleep on Montreal, they don't have Boston's talent, but they've been playing playoff hockey now for weeks and look ready to go.

I wouldn't be shocked if Montreal won that series at all, Boston hasn't been that great lately and last year it was also a 1v8 series and it went 7.

Also the playoff atmosphere in Montreal is an absolute different level than in other cities.

<TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#003366><TD vAlign=top width=120>4/13/2009 7:00 AM</TD><TD vAlign=top width=500>Boston Bruins vs Montreal Canadiens</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>361</TD><TD width=300>Boston Bruins </TD><TD width=65> -420 </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>362</TD><TD width=300>Montreal Canadiens </TD><TD width=65> +280 </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#003366><TD vAlign=top width=120>4/13/2009 7:00 AM</TD><TD vAlign=top width=500>Washington Capitals vs New York Rangers</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>363</TD><TD width=300>Washington Capitals </TD><TD width=65> -405 </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>364</TD><TD width=300>New York Rangers </TD><TD width=65> +275 </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#003366><TD vAlign=top width=120>4/13/2009 7:00 AM</TD><TD vAlign=top width=500>New Jersey Devils vs Carolina Hurricanes</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>365</TD><TD width=300>New Jersey Devils </TD><TD width=65> -135 </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>366</TD><TD width=300>Carolina Hurricanes </TD><TD width=65> +110 </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#003366><TD vAlign=top width=120>4/13/2009 7:00 AM</TD><TD vAlign=top width=500>Philadelphia Flyers vs Pittsburgh Penguins</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>367</TD><TD width=300>Philadelphia Flyers </TD><TD width=65> +120 </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>368</TD><TD width=300>Pittsburgh Penguins </TD><TD width=65> -145 </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#003366><TD vAlign=top width=120>4/15/2009 7:00 PM</TD><TD vAlign=top width=500>San Jose Sharks v Anaheim Ducks</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>369</TD><TD width=300>San Jose Sharks </TD><TD width=65> </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>370</TD><TD width=300>Anaheim Ducks </TD><TD width=65> </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#003366><TD vAlign=top width=120>4/15/2009 7:00 PM</TD><TD vAlign=top width=500>Detroit Red Wings v Columbus Blue Jackets</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>371</TD><TD width=300>Detroit Red Wings </TD><TD width=65> </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>372</TD><TD width=300>Columbus Blue Jackets </TD><TD width=65> </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#003366><TD vAlign=top width=120>4/15/2009 7:00 PM</TD><TD vAlign=top width=500>Vancouver Canucks v St Louis Blues</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>373</TD><TD width=300>Vancouver Canucks </TD><TD width=65> </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>374</TD><TD width=300>St Louis Blues </TD><TD width=65> </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#003366><TD vAlign=top width=120>4/13/2009 7:00 AM</TD><TD vAlign=top width=500>Chicago Blackhawks vs Calgary Flames</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>375</TD><TD width=300>Chicago Blackhawks </TD><TD width=65> -140 </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>376</TD><TD width=300>Calgary Flames </TD><TD width=65> +115 </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Those are at Greek..........Devils are pretty cheap if you like them.

Someone post series dates if you find em.

Somebody, it may have been Don Cherry, made a good point last night on HNIC which was that Kipper for Calgary has played way too many games this year. Apparently the year they made their run he was managed well through the year and was ready for the playoffs. But in the last couple of seasons he's been ridden too hard and he falls apart come the playoffs. So history says stay away from the Flames--or at least look at their overs.

Ya it was Cherry who made that point last night about Kipper. The year they made the cup he was injured and only played something like 46 games during the season.

Last night was the first time the Flames got a win without Kipper in net this season.

^^^

Thats why I think the Canucks can make a deep run this year. Loungo is rested has he missed a bunch of the season with that groin injury and I think they will have a nice run this year.

^^^

Thats why I think the Canucks can make a deep run this year. Loungo is rested has he missed a bunch of the season with that groin injury and I think they will have a nice run this year.

Love the Canucks chances this year. They've been playing as well as anyone in the West the last 30 games.

Yep it set up nice for the Canucks getting 3rd and avoiding SJ, who they have had problems with, until at least the Conference Finals.

Also getting the Blues instead of the Ducks or Jackets is nice, I think its a much easier match up for them

Back