Playoff Thread

Pending Future: Denver to win series (+215) 1 unit

Cleveland vs Brooklyn

The Cavs have dropped surprisingly all the way to the play-in spot after losing 7/10 games. These two teams played a week ago in Brooklyn and the Cavs had a 5 point lead heading into the fourth quarter. The Nets have two stars. Beyond that, they lack depth. Brooklyn was 10-31 ATS at home and 19-36 ATS as a fav.

I expect the Cavs to cover this spread and be in close range to pull of the upset win.

Pick: Cleveland +8.5 (1 unit)

LA vs Minnesota

Minnesota is 5-0 o/u in their last 5 games. ( all 5 games have gone over 240 points). The over is 4-1 in the last 5 h2h meetings. Both teams are averaging over 120 ppg in their last 3.

This should be a high scoring game, as it is Minnesota’s only real path to victory.

Pick: Over 230.5 (1 unit)

record: 1-1

Atlanta Cleveland

This is a very big game for the Cavaliers franchise. Eerily similar to the importance of the Timberwolves making the playoffs. The last time they made the playoffs without Lebron was 1998. Winning tonights game will be a huge leap forward for this team and city. They have all the motivation to win.

When you watch the Nets game, it’s obvious that the Cavs were inexperienced and had jitters to start the game. But, being down by 20 and competing to the very end, was encouraging and will give them confidence heading into this game.

Atlanta sucks on the road. They are only 16-25 SU. The Cavs are covering 64% this season as a home underdog. They are also 25-16 SU at home.

I think their 5th ranked defense shows up tonight and they get the win.

Pick: Cleveland +2 (1.5 units) ml +110 (.5 units)

Record: 1-2

Minnesota vs Minnesota

This series will be a high scoring affair. Both teams ended the season going over 4/5 games. Minnesota was 30-11 o/u on the road. And 23-15 o/u as an underdog. These two teams have the #1 and #2 ranked offenses in the league.

Pick: Over 236 (1.5 units)

2-2 (+1 unit)

Atlanta vs Miami

This will be Atlanta’s 4th game in a different city all in the span of 6 days. That’s alot of traveling. And all three previous games have been important games. I think this is a perfect situational loss for the Hawks.

This season Miami is covering at a 60% rate vs a team with a rest advantage. In addition, Atlanta ranked last in the league ATS as a road underdog. Only covering 25% of their games in this spot.

Pick: Miami -6.5 (1.5 units)

layingthepoint.com

Record: 3-2 (+2.5 units)

Utah vs Dallas

As I predicted in the last game that the total would go under 200, so will this one. Without Luka Dallas has no choice but to grind it out. They are 11-30 o/u at home and 12-23 o/u as an underdog.

Pick: Under 205 (1 unit)

Layingthepoint.com

3-3 (+1.5 units)

Minnesota/Memphis

Over is 4-1 in both teams last 5. These are the top two teams in the league. And looking at game 1, Minnesota will look to push the pace. Its their only chance of winning.

Pick: Over 241 (1.5 units)

layingthepoint.com

3-4 (even units)

Philly vs Toronto

The Raps have no answer for Embid. He will continue to dominate this series. But, I do believe that they will be able to contain the rest of the team. With Tybelle out, this is a great opportunity for the Raps to take game 3(even with them missing Barnes). Arguably the best playoff crowd in the league, will show up tonight. And I think we see “playoff” Harden show up.

Pick: Toronto +2 (1 unit)

layingthepoint.com

I think Maxey raps biggest problem outside Jojo. Barnes would be helpful cause nobody else been able to stay in front of Maxey. That said you could certainly be right bout harden, he can screw up whole flow of offense when he starts dribbling for 20 seconds while everyone else stands around watching.

I think Maxey raps biggest problem outside Jojo. Barnes would be helpful cause nobody else been able to stay in front of Maxey. That said you could certainly be right bout harden, he can screw up whole flow of offense when he starts dribbling for 20 seconds while everyone else stands around watching.
Raps gave that one away. Hats off to Philly. Unless they figure out how to rotate the ball with Harden running the offense, Miami will should beat them. I am shocked how long Harden holds the ball once the the double team comes. He is reactive instead of anticipating. After all these years, he still has not learned.

Raps gave that one away. Hats off to Philly. Unless they figure out how to rotate the ball with Harden running the offense, Miami will should beat them. I am shocked how long Harden holds the ball once the the double team comes. He is reactive instead of anticipating. After all these years, he still has not learned.

I understand they had to trade Simmons but I think Darrell Morey career gonna be plagued by his infatuation with Harden who I never liked, i mean now he has shown to be a total bailing loser but just his game in general has always turned me off. I love Maxey so much, I’m actually surprised he been so good since they got harden, thought that would stunt him but to his credit he has become so efficient it hasn’t, I still think Philly is way better when Maxey running the offense, as you said harden just kills the whole flow of the game dribbling out the shot clock while everyone stands around waiting for him to Jack a garbage step back 3. Or drive and flop, so garbage!

3-5 (-1 unit)

Miami vs Atlanta

The under has hit 4 games in a row for Atlanta and 3 games in a row h2h. But, at home, the Hawks are a far better offensive team, scoring 7 points more per game this season. Miami on the road also went 26-15 o/u and 33-24-1 o/u as a fav.

Pick: over 221.5 (1 unit)

Layingthepoint.com

3-6 (-2 units)

Denver vs Golden State:

Here are the reasons I like the under Denver team total:

1. Denver scores less on the road. For the season they averaged 5 points less on the road vs at home.

2. In this series, Denver has averaged 106.5 ppg on the road vs 119.5 ppg at home.

3. At home, GS is 16-25 o/u.

4. GS has allowed only 103.5 ppg at home this season(5 points less than on the road.

5. In elimination games, teams play at a much slower pace. Defense is the priority.

Pick: Under 108.5 (1 unit)

Subscribe to free newsletter:

layingthepoint.com

4-6 (-1 unit)

Under 210- Philly/ Toronto (1 unit)

The under has hit 4 straight in the series. This is also an elimination game. Neither team has the personnel to play an uptempo game. Especially for the Raps if FVV is out.

Back