Playoff Hockey...1st Round

Joe/mogo :shake:

the Pens will be back.
i was jsut disappointed it didn't amount to the series i was hoping for, as a fan of the game. but they have an incredibly bright future...and a bit of experience now to build upon.

2-2 on thurs 4/19, exactly even on the night.

Playoff YTD: 18-17, +1.475 units...playing every game still.

3 more game 5's on tap for Friday night...so i got those plays made. but it looks like only 2 games for Saturday...and will have to wait for the lines to come out...but it'll be DET and VAN for me, on 4/21.

Friday, 4/20

BUF -1.5 over NYI (-115) for 1 unit

TB ML (+165) over NJ for 3/4 unit

NAS ML (-130) over SJ for 3/4 unit

Sabres will close out the Isles tonight, as the last game looked to be their last hurrah. Don't mind the PL in elimination games, as the goalie will be pulled (if down) for an extended period of time...providing that's even necessary.

Switching over to TB, to go up 3-2 in NJ tonight. Even though i won with the Devils in game 4 of that series, i felt a bit lucky to do so. NJ jsut doesn't have an answer for TB's big scorers.

Sooner or later, home ice will matter...as it did all season long, in some of these matchups. Looking for Nashville to give it their all, in one last effort to deal with the Sharks...who flat out dominated the play in SJ.

GL tonight, and enjoy the weekend. :cheers:

btw...in case you didn't catch all the games...do not discount the Ducks. i don't see a team out west that can keep them from the finals, to be honest. (and that pains me to say, being a Kings fan.)

they are built for this time of year, plain & simple...and they have absolutely everything. you can't match their strength...you'd be very hard pressed to match their speed...you'd be hard pressed to match their skill...they have great goaltending...excellent special teams...literally everything necessary to make a serious run at the Cup.

Like em all buddy. Probably won't take them all but basically that's where I'm leaning.

GL Yanks

Congrats on the Sharks, Noose.

Well, harsh day. Sabres squander a gimme PL...and Pred kill any hope/momentum with a moronic spear.
Playoff YTD: 18-20, -1.4 units

Saturday, 4/21

DET -1.5 over CAL (+110) for 3/4 unit

VAN ML (+130) over DAL for 3/4 unit

GL today :drink:

1-1 on saturday's two games, up some change. But the Canuck/Star series is killing me. Think i've been on the wrong side 5 of the 6 games there, for C's sake.
Playoff YTD: 19-21, -1.325 units.

Anyways, on Monday 4/23 i'm gonna give the Canucks one last shot in game 7...in the hopes the c-cksuckers advance.
As for tomorrow...

Sunday, 4/22

NJ ML (+100) over TB for 1 unit

Brodeur was impressive last game...and i think that carries over, and the Devils finally knock off TB in game 6 of this series.

And there's no line out yet for game 6 of the Wings/Flames series. but i'll definitely be on Calgary at home for a unit. Said all along that the home team would win each game...and so far, so good.
Just need a line to play...

GL on Sunday. Don't know about you, but i'm ready for the 2nd round. The 1st round started great...but instead of getting better, it's kind of slowly fizzled out...at least for me.
Another good, long OT game would go a long way to bringing it all back to life though.
:cheers:

Totally agree with the new jersey pick yanks. Brodeur appers to be knuckling down and should be the difference. Tampas playing lecavalier's line every second shift. So if they keep them quiet like they can, Im thinking a low scoring win for NJ similar to the last game. GL.

good stuff w/ NJ:shake:

adding...

CAL ML (+115) over DET for 1 unit

series should head back to Detroit all knotted up.
i also jumped ahead...

Monday, 4/23

VAN ML (-130) over DAL for 1 unit

We'll see if i can somehow be on the wrong side of this series 6 of 7 times.

only one game 7 to be played in the first round

one game left, and the first round of the playoffs is complete.

went 1-1 on sunday.
playoff ytd: 20-22, -1.325 units

i already got the canucks (at -130, posted above) for a unit...but i added one last play, for the only game 7 we get this round.

VAN -1.5 over DAL (+220) for 1/2 unit

Luongo's gonna stand on his head, and we'll get the opposite result of game 6...even if it's an empty netter to seal the deal.

In any case, this is it...and it's on to the 2nd round. :drink:

I lean on Dallas, but Edmonton's feat last year rings in my head

won game 5 away in OT after going down 1-3 in the series
won game 6 at home, to nil
lost game 7 handily (scoreline not a real reflection)

Dallas has done exactly as the Oils did entering game 7 - can a team win 3 straight in this series? Thats my doubt for Dallas.

BOL Yanks

I think Dallas should win it, they have all the momentum and Vancouver hasnt shown anything all series long. But anything can happen in a game 7 and now moreso since refs are so eager to give 5 on 3s... All I know is the winner has no hope in the next round.

Thx, BC. :shake: Thx, Santa...and congrats on your series win. :shake:

Well, the 1st round is complete. Went 22-22, +.775 of a unit...basically breaking even, thanks to the Canucks in game 7. Excellent start in games 1 and 2...faltered mightily in games 3-5...then came back a bit at the end.

Anyhow...time to begin preparing for the 2nd round, which begins Wednesday night. Hopefully it'll be a more profitable round.

Back