• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Playoff Hockey - 1st Round (from Yanks)

Administrator

CTG Administrator
Staff member
Hardly played any pucks this season. Got way too busy with other things, and the season came & went so quickly. Think i ended the season at 7-10, -2.60 units...by looking at the last plays i posted.
In comparison, i must've played a couple hundred games last season...winning a bit of change, overall. Also played each & every game of last year's playoffs, and won a bit more change doing that.
That said...there's no way i'm going to even attempt to play each of the playoff games this season. It may not look like that now, after you see my initial plays below...but once we get thru the first set of games, i'll get a bit more selective...or so i hope.

Weds. 4/9

OTT ML (+170) over PIT {ot incl.} for 3/4 unit
NYR ML (+110) over NJ {ot incl.} for 1 unit
COL/MIN under 5 (+105) {ot incl.} for 1 unit
CAL/SJ over 5 (+100) {ot incl.} for 1 unit

No value on either SJ or Minny MLs. Think both home teams win tight games, but i could be on a side in these series later.
And, like i did last year, if one of these road dogs lose...i'll be back on them the following game, expecting a split of the first 2.

Thurs. 4/10

MTL -1.5 PL (+150) over BOS {ot incl.} for 3/4 unit
ANA ML (-105) over DAL {reg. only} for 1 unit
DET -1.5 PL (+110) over NAS {ot incl.} for 1/2 unit

Don't mind taking the PL with the Habs...though i'm obviously more timid doing so with the Wings. Couldn't do it with the Ducks, who i think will destroy the Stars in this series (5 games)...so went regulation only there.

Fri. 4/11

WAS ML (+105) over PHI {reg. only} for 1 unit

Same story as the Ducks reg only play...though i think this'll be a much closer series, prolly going 6 or 7. Caps are just so freakin' hot, i couldn't resist starting the series this way.

I'll be adding all/any of my 1st Round plays in this thread.
This is one of my 2 favorite times of the year! Hoping for a shitload of (long) OT games this playoff season as well...so long as i don't have a PL or reg only play going, lol.
Anyways, enjoy the games. :cheers:

missed you Yanks...GL..and stay off the Sharks bandwagon...you have the Kings to look forward to in 5-6 years, heh heh.

1-1-2, +.35 the first day.

Shame both totals pushed, as they both looked so good early on in the games.

NYR was very nice...OTT was not. The Sens were so out-classed by the Pens, that i'm not sure if i'll go back to them in game 2 looking for the road split...mostly cuz after tongiht, i'm not sure if they have much of a shot in any game in this series.

Anyways, not adding anything on the 4th game on thursday. Just gonna ride those 3.

:cheers:

2 days into the 1st Round

2-1, +.625 the 2nd day...so overall 3-2-2, +.975 units.

Montreal and Detroit were both nice...and it was nice to see Noose's Sharks gain the home split as well. The Ducks, on the other hand, were horrid. And it was all on Dallas power plays. Very, very surprised by that game.

Anyways, onto day 3. The Caps play is above, in the 1st post...and i'm not going to have a play on the Avs/Minny game. However, i did add 2 more plays for Friday.

PIT -1.5 PL (+125) over OTT {ot incl.} for 1/2 unit

Just a small play...as i can't bring myself to go back on the Sens...at least until they show me they can at least partially match up with the Pens while on the road.

NJ ML (-115) over NYR {ot incl.} for 1 unit

Seen it before...Marty will bounce back big time, and lift the Devils to a win and a split in the series.

Anyways, enjoy the Friday playoff games. :cheers:

With you on the habs and ducks Yanks. Took Detroit ML in a parlay. GL
i had a little parlay too - i just woke up and saw the SAN JOSE final

<TABLE class=fTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=aCell>Ticket # 39661476</TD><TD class=bCell>Placed: ONLINE-1 on: 04/10/2008 @ 11:35 AM </TD><TD class="cCell winBet">WIN</TD><TD class=dCell>Risking 100.00</TD><TD class=eCell>To Win 2491.60</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=sTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=topCell colSpan=2>PARLAY (4 TEAMS)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=fCell>04/10/2008 @ 04:12 PM</TD><TD class=sCell>[10] DET REDWINGS -1½+105 - NHL - WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD class=fCell>04/10/2008 @ 04:14 PM</TD><TD class=sCell>[12] TOTAL u5+115 (BOS BRUINS vrs MON CANADIENS) - NHL - PUSH</TD></TR><TR><TD class=fCell>04/10/2008 @ 07:13 PM</TD><TD class=sCell>[13] DAL STARS +145 - NHL - WIN</TD></TR><TR><TD class=fCell>04/10/2008 @ 07:13 PM</TD><TD class=sCell>[30] SJO SHARKS -1½+140 - NHL - WIN</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=dayBalance cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>WIN/LOSS for this bet: 1105.40</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

yanks addition

couldn't resist adding the 4th game for tonight...

COL ML (+120) over MIN {ot incl.} for 1/2 unit

small play, as it's unlikely the avs leave minnesota up 2-0...but the sentimentalist in me couldn't get over how great it was to see sakic and forsberg together again...and i'm not even an avs fan. but anyways, also a gut feel that series will continue to go against the grain.

GL tonight. :cheers:

i'm back...

Haven't been on the site since last Friday, so i missed 3 days of playoff pucks...the Sat-Mon games.
Left off at 5-4-2, +1.00 units in the playoffs.

Anyways, got 4 plays for Tuesday 4/15...and it's all roadies.

MTL ML (-120) over BOS {ot incl.} for 1 unit

WAS ML (+115) over PHI {ot incl.} for 3/4 unit

ANA ML (+110) over DAL {ot incl.} for 3/4 unit

SJ ML (+120) over CAL {reg. only} for 1/2 unit

Bounce back Tuesday...
Bruins got their win, and i don't see them taking 2 in a row from the Habs. Philly shut the Caps down, which i don't see happening in b2b games. Not sure wtf is wrong with the Ducks, but it's now or never for the defending champs. And SJ just must be reeling from Sunday...we'll see what kind of character & determination they have in this one.

No line yet...but if it's right, i might add a play on the Avs as well.

BOL :cheers:

Good call, Santa :shake:...and thx, steed.

Adding the 5th game, but this time i'm on the home team for once tonight.

COL ML (+100) over MIN {reg. only} for 1 unit

1-1 so far tongiht. Habs won, Caps lost. Good game...but for a while, the Caps looked like deer in headlights, unfortunately.
Ducks are off to a great start, finally looking like the defending champs. Hopefully the Sharks and Avs will follow suit...

Well that turned into a beautiful night of playoff hockey, even with the Caps losing. And with as bad as bases have been going for me the past 2+ weeks...that last second goal by the Sharks, was a much needed 'good break' to get, considering the regulation only play.
Anyways...4-1 on tuesday, 2.675 units to the good. Overall playoffs are 9-5-2, +3.675 units.

Now for the 3 wednesday games...

PIT ML (+100) over OTT {reg. only} for 1 unit

NJ ML (+125) over NYR {ot incl.} for 1/2 unit

DET ML (+110) over NAS {reg. only} for 1/2 unit

Like the Pens to close this series out tomorrow. 4 game sweep, completed on the Sens home ice. Ain't payback a bitch?
Just small plays on the other 2, as i'm not as confident with them. Still waiting for Marty to steal a game...maybe this will be the one. And i like the Wings...just wasn't happy with 2 of the goals Hasek allowed.

'an_horse'

shit, actually on ALL 3 of those tonight yanks:seeya:

i dont know if thats good for you or not, but I cant pass up detroit at a dog price, and I also think ottawa has just given up on this series and their season, as all 3 games havent even been close, and pitt sweeps tonight.

was looking at the PL as pitt has covered every other game of the series, but road chalk -1.5's are just not appealing to me. rather play em at home.

GL:cheers:

last minute 4/17 plays

fell asleep, and didn't do anything last night...so rushing now (at the office) to get my plays in for tonight.
10-7-2, +3.675 units for the playoffs so far.

WAS ML (+125) over PHI {ot incl.} for 1/2 unit

MTL -1.5 PL (+130) over BOS {ot incl.} for 1 unit

COL ML (+100) over MIN {ot incl.} for 1 unit

ANA ML (+115) over DAL {ot incl.} for 1 unit

SJ -1.5 PL (+170) over CAL {ot incl.} for 1/2 unit

Sticking with the Caps to even up this series on the road. Part of me feels stupid for doing so, thus the small play.
The Habs finish off this opening series tonight on home ice.
Like the Avs to go up 3-2 on the road...like the Ducks to even up their series on the road, now that they seem to have woken up...and like the Sharks to go up 3-2 at home...but didnt' like the price, and not happy with the PL much either, so another small play.

BOL tonight. :cheers:

lol...no worries, Cap. 1-2 yesterday, but broke even. The bright side of things was that my trepidation for Hasek, which made it a small play, proved to be well founded. as for the devils, they're unfortunately done.

since there's no in-game tonight...

mother f-cker!

took me longer than normal to criticize the refs this playoff season...but just had to call BULLSHIT on the morons tonight. thankfully, the caps/flyer game is going to OT...and the douchebags didn't decide the game.

i mean fuck...i can understand calling the game in favor of the home team...and i can even semi-understand that it's gone beyond that in favor of the flyers tonight...in terms of what's been called, and what hasn't been called. but that damned breakaway in the final few minutes, and giving the flyers the power play at the end of a tie playoff game for no good reason...since, if anything, the caps shoulda had a PP outta that particular play, if the ref's gonna be a douche and make any call in that spot...was just WAY fucking over the top. unreal...

anyways, the Habs sure missed this opportunity to close out boston. getting embarrased at home tonight. (boo hiss)
and the ducks had a horrible turnover in the 1st to give Dallas the lead. (boo hiss #2)

hopefully the night will finish better than it's starting. enjoy the OT winner from #8.

well that turned into a crap night. the habs shit the bed...as did anaheim. the caps lose a thriller in double ot...and the sharks still can't protect a big lead. nevertheless...11-11-2, +1.675 units this 1st round.

as for friday, not sure if i'll make a play on the ducks/stars game. no line yet...but by the looks of things, the defending champs are (surprisingly) gonna make an early exit. as for the other 2 on 4/18...

DET -1.5 PL (+110) over NAS {ot incl.} for 3/4 unit
NYR ML (+100) over NJ {ot incl.} for 3/4 unit

With Hasek being replaced, hopefully that'll eliminate the soft goals...and the Wings will take a 3-2 series lead at home.
And i think the Devils are done. Sad to see, personally...but the Rangers seem to be just too much for them.

BOL with the game 5s. :cheers:

Thx, Santa :shake:

Well, i added a very small play on the other side tonight...

DAL ML (+143) over ANA {ot incl.} for 1/2 unit

Hate to do it, but just seems like the ducks are cooked.

'an_horse'

4/20

missed out on saturday's games. late night at the office, and had to get up early for the kids t-ball/baseball games.
anyways, left off at 12-13-2, +1.175 units for the 1st round.

heres what i played for sunday...

DET ML (+105) over NAS {reg. only} for 3/4 unit

ANA ML (+130) over DAL {ot incl.} for 1/2 unit

CAL ML (+110) over SJ {ot incl.} for 3/4 unit

Wings are gonna break the home team trend in game 6, and finish off the series with Nashville.
Don't think i've been right yet in this ducks/stars series. But i'd love to see a game 7. And even though Dallas has been the better team, Giggy was stellar in game 5.
And also look for the Flames to play tough at home, and force they're own game 7. This series has been so tight, it only seems right.

GL today :cheers:

good call, cat. i was horrible w/ that series.

well, been sick. missed posting the 2 monday games...but i will say that i was happy at the end of the day. anyways, made 2 of these plays last nite...and the other 2 jsut now...for the 2 game 7s we have today, 4/22, to finish out the 1st round.

CAL/SJ over 5 (+130) for 1/2 unit
SJ -1.5 PL over CAL (+175) for 1/2 unit

PHI/WAS over 5.5 (+100) for 3/4 unit
WAS ML (+100) over PHI {reg. only} for 3/4 unit

Going into these final 1st round games, and not counting the stuff not posted from yesterday, i'm at 14-14-2/+2.2875 units for the playoffs.

BOL today :cheers:
And looking forward to the 2nd Round :tiphat:

Back