Plax's season with the g-men is over...

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Plaxico Burress returned to Giants Stadium on Tuesday, only to be told that he would be suspended four games and placed on the non-football injury list.
While police were still trying to sort out the events surrounding the Manhattan nightclub shooting that prompted the suspension, Burress' season with the Super Bowl champions, and possibly his career with the team, came to an end.
The star receiver drove up to the stadium tunnel, one day after he was charged with illegal gun possession. Burress was required to be there because he is on the active roster and injured. He left after about six hours.
Burress accidentally shot himself in the right thigh at a club last weekend in a case that could land him in jail and has angered the mayor of New York.
Charles Way, the team's director of player development, and trainer Ronnie Barnes talked to police on Monday about the shooting, but police said they are still waiting to speak to more informed witnesses. That includes people at the hospital that treated Burress and teammate Antonio Pierce, who was at the club.
Police want to know what the linebacker did moments after the shooting and whether he took part in a cover-up. Police also want to talk to Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw, who they now believe was at the club as well.
Pierce is planning to meet with members of the district attorney's office "in the near future," according to his lawyer, Michael Bachner.
Appearing in his regular Tuesday afternoon spot on Sirius NFL Radio, Pierce declined to answer questions about the shooting.
"It's not appropriate with the police being involved. ... I've got to be strong," he said. "I've got to stay my course and deal with my attorney and deal with the officials who tell me what to do. I've got to go about my business and when I get to work, I've got to go about my work."
<!-- INLINE NFL.com Video (BEGIN) -->

NFL.com Video
Plaxico Burress turned himself in to police Monday after shooting himself over the weekend.

<!-- INLINE NFL.com Video (END) -->
Bradshaw has been contacted by New York City police and will make himself available for an interview, according to his attorney, Charles A. Stacy, of Bluefield, Va.
"Mr. Bradshaw has been advised he is not suspected of any wrongdoing and is to be interviewed as part of the ongoing investigation of the incident involving Mr. Burress," Stacy said in a statement sent to The Associated Press.
Burress was charged with two counts of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, which could result in a prison sentence of 3½ years to 15 years if convicted.
But it's possible he could avoid prison entirely if he pleads guilty to a lesser charge, getting probation and community service. Such plea deals and sentences are frequent in New York for first-time offenders.
A few hours after Burress arrived Tuesday, Giants general manager Jerry Reese said outside the stadium there was "nothing to report right now."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3738905

for rest of article see link above...

Not only his season with them, but most likely his career. Somebody will sign him though, but that has got to be the last thing on his mind. Right now he should be worried about doing jail time. Losing money, cars, and houses are nothing compared to taking away your freedom.

Not only his season with them, but most likely his career. Somebody will sign him though, but that has got to be the last thing on his mind. Right now he should be worried about doing jail time. Losing money, cars, and houses are nothing compared to taking away your freedom.

Yeah, he will be the starting WR in the longest yard part 2

:shake:

if it wasnt for the fact that they already have have no room for him, because of TO and roy williams, i would foresee a future for him in DALLAS

jerry jones loves thugs, and half of that team already owns unregistered firearms, itd be a perfect fit for him

him, tank johnson, and pacman could go to the shooting range together

as far as where he may go, you would think OAKLAND and al davis would welcome his ass but i dont know if he'd go there. maybe minnesota if they can get themselves a QB after this season ends.... we shall see

RalphGun.gif

:shake:

if it wasnt for the fact that they already have have no room for him, because of TO and roy williams, i would foresee a future for him in DALLAS

jerry jones loves thugs, and half of that team already owns unregistered firearms, itd be a perfect fit for him

him, tank johnson, and pacman could go to the shooting range together

as far as where he may go, you would think OAKLAND and al davis would welcome his ass but i dont know if he'd go there. maybe minnesota if they can get themselves a QB after this season ends.... we shall see
There's something about Dallas. Remember their own coach Barry Switzer getting caught bringing a gun on a plane. Michael Irvin.... Nate Newton, the list goes on.

But I can't say too much we got our own problems over in Oakland.

this guy is far from a thug

Hes some asshole who had a gun on him and he shot himself proving he had no idea how to use the gun what to do with it.

To quote immortal technique "even puffy smoked a mother fucker up in the club"

Just because he missed practice and talked some shit doesn't make him a thug.

I'd be suprised if he wasnt with the Giants next year.

Feels like an endless number of NFL players getting shot or otherwise getting in trouble with guns. I hope it's some very insane fluke which is now over.

But it's possible he could avoid prison entirely if he pleads guilty to a lesser charge, getting probation and community service. Such plea deals and sentences are frequent in New York for first-time offenders.

Did you guys miss this part in the article??Now add one of the most powerful attorneys in NYC to that equation. I think he will be out the rest of this season, but will definitely embrace us with his presence next year with a lucky team. Maybe the Skins !!!!!! God knows we could use a tall WR.

He'll play next year, just not for the Giants. They have to make a statement, not to mention he almost took their leading tackler and defensive captain with him. He's done in NY. But I guarantee someone takes a chance on him. There will probably be bidding.

He'll play next year, just not for the Giants. They have to make a statement, not to mention he almost took their leading tackler and defensive captain with him. He's done in NY. But I guarantee someone takes a chance on him. There will probably be bidding.

I could not agree with you more......someone will give him another chance.

Back