Pitt vs FSU Discussion

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
I'm curious as to what you all think here as I've seen a few picking Pitt. Honestly, I think Pitt's offense under Tom Savage is going to struggle against the Noles defense. Jimminy Cricket, he hasn't played a snap in 3 YEARS. Really? WTF

Granted, FSU lost 11 players to the NFL but....the team still looks solid with Jameis Winston replacing E.J. Manuel. He looked real good in the spring game going 12-15 for 205 yrds and 2 TD's. They also bring back Freeman and Wilder as running backs.

This will be a rude awakening for Pitt as FSU will welcome them to the ACC with a pounding, but then again, that's just my opinion. And as I always say, Speed Kills.

Fire away

Savage is more than competent and experienced. Pitt has terrific defense. FSU running game will be key. Either 1st or 2nd half under will hit IMO. Probably 2nd half tho. I get that Winston is stud but unless he plays like Bridgewater and Savage throws like Tettleton (His form looked borderline retarded). Hard to not like Panthers grinding within the spread.

Johnny, how is Savage competent and experienced when he hasn't taken a snap in a live game in 3 years? Just wondering?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...et-to-know-pittsburgh-20130831,0,1970016.post

How will Tom Savage look after sitting out since 2010? A freshman All-American at Rutgers in 2009 (2,211 passing yards, 14 TDs), Savage was hurt for most of 2010 and lost his starting spot. He transferred to Arizona in 2011, but a coaching change (Rich Rodriguez replaced Mike Stoops) also spelled a philosophical change in the offense, meaning the pocket passer was no longer a fit.

i don't see pitt doing a lick of offense tonight, i'll be on FSU, don't over think/analyze it

SS. I think we can agree he has more experience than Winston. Google his history he two years of solid performance under his belt. Imo he is a big improvement over tino.

^^^ I just wish it were on like right now, shitty weather. My girlfriend is watching fucking Jersey Shore Shark Attack. I'll take Pitt football over that.

I think Tino was worth 14 points of turnovers/lack of points every single game he played. An experienced kid like this... who knows. FSU not exactly a dominant road team. Blowing games on the road over and over vs. much less opposition.

I've been leaning fsu all week but at 11 I kinda lean Pitt. Probably will lay off until halftime

Line keeps fluctuating on this game. Interesting.

Jersey Shores. Any shark swimming there is desperate for food. LOL

Don't put much stock into spring game numbers for a qb wearing a red Jersey

naw man, pitt ML, its happening. Wings ordered. Beer is bought. If they lose i'll just get drunk and be happy

FYI saw a lot of FSU fans out and about last night

strong contingency

delay in the game due to the lightning, shouldnt be much

[TABLE="class: tableOdds"]
<tbody id="oddsBody">[TR="class: row-odd"]
[TD="class: team"]9/02

8:00 PM

219 Florida State
220 Pittsburgh
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct"] 79%
21%