Phoenix Open and Saudi International Week...

Friday only Bubs. The days of crowd surfing on 16 on a Sunday are over. Think I even took FIGJAM for 250 closest to pin and he fucked me then too.

IF Lee Westwood's girl friend Helen caddies for him this week will she have to wear a burka "bee keeper suit" ???

Saudi International. January 31st thru Febuary 3rd
Royal Greens Golf Club. King Abdullah Economic City, Saudi Arabia

new inaugural event on the European Tour (WHY I do NOT know)

favorites: Justin Rose 6-1. Bryson DeChambeau & Dustin Johnson 13-2. Brooks Koepka 10-1. Sergio Garcia 14-1. Patrick Reed & Matt Wallace 20-1

to win "cats & dogs" (bet/return)
Pablo Larazabal 80-1 (6.25/506.25) T-6th HSBC-Abu Dhabi [-12] T-9th Leopard Creek [-6]
Paul Waring 100-1 (5/505) T-3rd DDC [-16] T-6th HSBC-Abu Dhabi [-12] WIN Nordea Masters [-14]
Aaron Rai 100-1 (5/505) WIN Hong Kong [-17]
Richard Sterne 100-1 (5/505) solo 2nd HSBC-Abu Dhabi [-17]
Alvaro Quiros 125-1 (4/504) T-3rd DDC [-16]
David Lipsky 125-1 (4/504) WIN Leopard Creek [-14]
Justin Harding 125-1 (4/504) T-7th DDC [-15] (final round [-9]) solo 4th Mauritius [-17] two time winner Asian Tour
Adri Arnaus 150-1 (4/604) T-9th Leopard Creek [-6] WIN Challenge Tour Grand Final [-17]
Ernie Els 150-1 (4/604) T-12th DDC [-14] T-15th SA Open [-8] T-3rd Fiji International [-12]
Scott Jamieson 150-1 (4/604) T-11th HSBC-Abu Dhabi [-10] T-3rd Leopard Creek [-11] (3rd round leader [-11])
Shubhankar Sharma 200-1 (2.50/502.50) T-6th Hong Kong WIN Joberg Open and Maybank last seson. 3rd round leader both Indian Open and WGC-Mexico

just one tourney match play so far. every other match is either two players I like OR favorites odds too high (bet/return)
Brook Koepka +110 over Dustin Johnson (50/105)
Koepka: T-9th HSBC-Abu Dhabi [-11] WIN CJ Cup [-21] solo 24th Sentry T of C [-4] T-16th WGC-HSBC [-2]
Johnson: T-16th HSBC-Abu Dhabi [-9] T-4th Sentry T of C [-15] T-30th WGC-HSBC [+3]

Rough start continues. Not seeing it real well right now. Gonna give it another go this week and see where everything falls on Sunday

Webb +125 vs Rickie
Phil +155 vs Rickie
Hideki +170 vs Rahm
Woodland -115 vs Xander

First 3 are just value plays for me. Don't trust Rickie with the new ball yet, and Phil and Webb are great at this course. I understand Rahm is playing so well, but Hideki has won here twice, and only an injury kept him out of a chance to 3 peat last year.

Rough start continues. Not seeing it real well right now. Gonna give it another go this week and see where everything falls on Sunday

Webb +125 vs Rickie
Phil +155 vs Rickie
Hideki +170 vs Rahm
Woodland -115 vs Xander

First 3 are just value plays for me. Don't trust Rickie with the new ball yet, and Phil and Webb are great at this course. I understand Rahm is playing so well, but Hideki has won here twice, and only an injury kept him out of a chance to 3 peat last year.

kind of like the first three on "value" BUT even though "X" was pretty average last week @ Farmers with a tied 25th [-9] he has WON two tourneys this season @ Sentry T of C [-23] with a final round [-11] and WGC-HSBC [-14] in a playoff with Tony Finau. BIG number on "Samuri Golfer" Matsuyama @ South Point. he is +170 vs Rahm and +115 vs Justin Thomas :shake:

Last edited:
Phoenix Open January 31st thru Febuary 3rd
TPC Scottsdale - Scottsdale, AZ (par 71)

last season same course
winner: Gary Woodland [-18] playoff
solo 2nd Chez Reavie [-18] playoff
tied 3rd: Ollie Schniederjans & Brendan Steele [-15]
tied 5th: Chesson Hadley, Matt Kuchar, Phil Mickelson & Bryson DeChambeau (playing Euro Tour this week) [-14]
tied 9th: Brian Yag & Martin Laird [-13]

favorites: Jon Rahm 7-1. Justin Thomas 9-1. Hideki Matsuyama 12-1. Xander Schauffele &
Gary Woodland 18-1, Webb Simpson, Rickei Fowler, Tony Finau & Phil Mickelson 20-1

my "cats & dogs" (bet/return)
Matt Kuchar 25-1 (20/520) WIN Sony [-22] WIN Mayakoba [-22]
Andrew Putnam 50-1 (10/510) solo 2nd Sony [-18] T-4th WGC-HSBC [-8]
Abraham Ancer 65-1 (8/528) WIN Australian Open [-16] T-4th Shriners [-17]
Ryan Palmer 80-1 (6.25/506/25) T-13th Farmers [-11] T-7th Shriners [-15] T-3rd CJ Cup [-15]
Taylor Gooch 80-1 (6.25/506/25) T-3rd Farmers [-16] solo 4th Desert Classic [-24]
Kiradech Aphibarnrat 150-1 (4/604) T-4th WGC-HSBC [-8]
Patrick Rogers 150-1 (4/604) 2nd RSM [-19] playoff
Adam Long 200-1 (2.50/502.50) WIN Desert Classic [-26]

just one tourney match play so far (bet/return)
Andrew Putnam +135 vs Emiliano Grillo (40/94)

WOW!!! watched the first round of Saudi International last nigh and that Royal Greens Golf Club a TOUGH links style course along the Red Sea on the Saudi west coast. morning players definitely had the advantage as the wind was really howling in the afternoon. Royal Greens is a VERY new course only completed last year and is wide open BUT with tricky slow greens and oodles of sand traps and "wasteland" saw a LOT of missed 5-6 foot putts in the 1st round esp in the afternoon

Belgium player Thomas Pieters, who was an early tee time, the 1st round leader with a [-7] 63 followed by six at [-5] including my "cats & dog's" player Justin Harding and eight more at [-4] including Richard Sterne who was solo 2nd to Shane Lowry two weeks ago in Abu Dhabi

watched Brooks Koepka in his early group and he looked completely disinterested in playing. was one of the top ranked players missing a LOT of short putts and just "scraping it around". I have NO faith in his match play vs DJ esp with him a late tee time Friday and DJ an early :(
after 1st round Brook Koepka +110 [-1] vs Dustin Johnson [-2] 1 down

well Phoenix Open first round leaders Rickie Fowler, Justin Thomas and 125-1 Harold Varner III at [-7] with 125-1 JT Poston and 80-1 Irishman Martin Laird tied 4th at [-6]. in my one tourney match play Andrew Putman [-2] 2 down to Emiliano Grillo [-4]. will see what happens the rest of the way :(

I gotta see some of this Saudi International... New new course intrigues me.

interesting course. they even have lights for night play. pretty much treeless wide open classic "links" with deep rough, oodles of sand traps and "wasteland". greens are large and undulating with wicked breaks and the wind blows like Scotland for late players

looks like Dustin Johnson came to play this week. shoots [-9] for tourney [-11] early Friday for a three shot lead over both Haotong Li [-5] and South African Zander Lombard [-3] at [-8]. guys I have NOT heard much from lately "in range" with Aussie Scott Hend [-7] and Fabrizio Zanotti [-4] at [-7] then Frenchman Alex Levy [-5], the "Kiwi" Ryan Fox [-3], Chris Paisley [-2] and my "cats & dog's" play Richard Sterne [-2] all at [-6]

obviously my Brooks Koepka [even] for tourney [-1] match play vs DJ "goose is cooked" :mad:

after 2nd round Phoenix Open Rickie Fowler the leader [-6] for tourney [-13] then Justin Thomas solo 2nd [-5] for [-12] and Branden Grace [-7] with OWGR #244 Trey Mullinax [-7] tied 3rd [-11] THEN Matt Kuchar [-6] and the Aussie Cameron Smith [-6] tied 5th [-10]. Andrew Putman a CUT [+6] for tourney [+4] DROWNS my tourney match play vs Grillo :mad:

Last edited:
Going for back to back weeks of betting against the winner. Though I have zero faith Rickie will get it done

Gotta put a couple r3 matchups in on this great day

Cam Smith ov Kuchar +100 2*
Fowler ov JT -110 1.5*

Going for back to back weeks of betting against the winner. Though I have zero faith Rickie will get it done

HOPE you are CORRECT. have a "to win" on "Kooch" to win his third tourney this season already :)

looks like a two horse race in Saudi Arabia. Dustin Johnson [-5] tied with Haotong Li [-8] for tourney [-16] and a five shot lead over solo 3rd Englishman Tom Lewis [-8] for [-11] (damn Lewis one tourney too late for me) and seven shots over Alex Levy [-3] and Ryan Fox [-3] both [-9]. DJ and Li the final pairing off on Sunday. whoever can handle the wind WINS

looks like it is "Rickie Tickie's" tourney to WIN unless he "blows up" OR someone close shoots a "bomber" round Sunday. after 3rd round Rickie Fowler [-7] for tourney [-20] with Matt Kuchar solo 2nd [-6] for [-16] and Justin Thomas solo 3rd [-3] for [-15]. then Byeong-Hun An [-5] and Branden Grace [-2] tied 4th at [-13]

adjusted "to win" odds final round
Rickie Fowler -260
Matt Kuchar 11-2
Justin Thomas 6-1
Branden Grace 50-1
Byeong-Hun An 50-1
Gary Woodland 80-1
Bubba Watson 100-1
FIELD 200-1
:confused3:

Last edited:
Been raining quite awhile here, of course lines are shading the longer hitters but gonna take a stab on two of the dogs, think Fowler playing with JT again might be what he needs to play well from the lead today.

Laird ov Bubba +115
Fowler ov JT +110 1.5*

Can’t believe Ricky took the option of short siding himself instead of rehitting.

Good God Branden Grace!!! [-3] for for [-16] thru #14 current leader one shot over Rickie Fowler [+5] for [-15] with Matt Kuchar [+2] for [-14] both thru #13. COME ON "Kooch"!!!

btw I really did NOT expect "Rickie Tickie" to "blow up" like THIS. the weather does NOT look THAT bad :(

Last edited:
It was a torrential downpour and ridiculous bad luck, ball skipped on the green hydroplane style, somehow didn't end up in the bunker, then into the water? Then another penalty stroke for rolling into the water after he placed it? Seriously had it completely under control even after the double til that 11th hole. In reality if the green wasn't so wet I'd bet that chip woulda been a few feet short. First hop was unusual

We are somehow watching this and not the pre super bowl stuff. Go Rickie!
Was just bragging to someone that I haven't seen one second of SB coverage so far today, caught about 3 minutes of puppy bowl

GREAT recovery for Rickie Fowler!!! ends up [+3] for [-17] and the two shot WIN over Branden Grace [-2] for [-15] solo 2nd, three over solo 3rd Justin Thomas [+1] for [-14] and five over Matt Kuchar [+4], Chez Reavie [-3] and Bubba Watson [even] for [-12]. "Kooch" SUCKED the last five holes with two bogies and three pars :(

Oh and in Saudi Arabia Dustin Johnson the winner [-3] for tourney [-19] two up on solo 2nd Haotong Li [-1] for [-17] and three over solo 3rd Englishman Tom Lewis [-5] for [-16]. watch out for 20 year old rookie Asian-Australian Min Woo Lee in the future. solo 4th with [-7] for [-15] the kid had 15 birdies and just one bogie his last two rounds :)

Euro Tour goes to Victoria, Australia next week for the ISPS Handa Vic Open so I am sure DJ. DeChambeau and Koepka will be back in the states for Pebble Beach :shake:

Back