Phillies to win the World Series thread/Picks/Analysis/Meth/Thoughts Etc..

Agree Cap. TB is done. A little surprised their bats when in a slump. I didn't expect 16 hr's (ALCS) but 0-whatever by the big three??? Kudos to Philly. Moyer, Blanton and Myers were huge. I took TB series after Game 1 so I'll be hedging tonight with Philly RL. GL tonight. Hopefully it's not a 1 run game tonight.

I just checked with SI, heres the bad news for us.

Tampa -1.5 is a 90% consensus favorite:seeya:

Me and you = Squares. lol

About the slumps, Two things, first, obviously the inexperience/youth is finally showing, they look tight at the plate and look like the pressure is finally getting to them. They are no longer playing "with their backs to the wall", and also theyve just straight up run out of gas.

Second, I still believe a lot of those HR's were due to tampas immense scouting report and the fact that these teams have played eachother almost 20 times this season and know eachother so well.
For each pitcher, tampa knew EXACTLY what types of pitches to look for and it looked like almost every single time a boston SP would make a minute mistake, tampa would pounce on it.
Normally something vets do at the plate, but pena/longo/ and upton really made em pay.

They knew exactly what pitches to sit on, and what pitches to take a big cut at. Result = Many HR's.
But with philly, in this interleague matchup, the teams havent met since 2006. They dont know eachother like boston/TB divisional rivals.

GL tonight bro lets cash:cheers:

Marlo, Grind, Barm, Nickel

Enjoy the game tonight and good luck on your wagers.

Lets end this season on a BANG!@@!!

(cracks first beer of the night)

The ML has not budged a fucking inch today.... i thought this was going to be like tampa in game 2 when the line moved about 30 frikking cents! Shit was skyrocketing north all day

I just dont see, how a bunch of young, inexperienced, slumping hitters, that already look gassed and are swinging at all types of pitches, are going to be able to hit COLE

Mixing it up with his changeup and fastball you almost NEVER see a hittable pitch with him.

tampa needed a straight fastball pitcher like blanton, and they needed to hit him well and hard, to boost their confidence and get out of these slumps before facing cole.
they needed SOME sort of momentum going into this game. couple of HR's and extra base hits woulda done them good.
but they didnt get it, pena and longo still hitless for the series, blanton completely hosed them.

didnt happen, now all of a sudden theyre going to wake up for the elimination game, all slumps are null and void, and COLE is going to be throwing hittable pitches right over the plate? i dont think so.

cole will earn the MVP tonight fellas, i cant find a live prop on my book but if i could, id pound it. enjoy!!!!

got a miracle tonight

Phils ML graded as a win, and RL pushes.

i will not complain about bad beats for awhile.

not going to play anything else for the rest of this series. went 6-1-1 and gonna just sweat out this phills series wager, no reason to chance anything after already getting lucky as fuck

sorry tampa ML backers...

:cheers:

Congrats to the phills and their fans, yall earned it.

Had the better of the play all series and deserve to be world champs.

Very good World series it was, and barring a couple plays on the weekend for football, i'll be taking a break from handicapping for a couple weeks.

Havent taken one since may and desperately need one.
Cant take the stress sweating out games, and i dont enjoy even winning as much anymore. This shit really sucks you in and after a while turns into more of an "addiction" then anything.
When you win you feel normal, when you lose you feel down.

Cant believe ive had action EVERY single day for the last 6 months.

Anwyays, congrats philly backers/fans. See you all next year MLB 08-09 Season, and in a couple weeks for NBA/NCAAB:cheers:

Last edited:
:cheers:

Congrats to the phills and their fans, yall earned it.

Had the better of the play all series and deserve to be world champs.

Very good World series it was, and barring a couple plays on the weekend for football, i'll be taking a break from handicapping for a couple weeks.

Havent taken one since may and desperately need one.
Cant take the stress sweating out games, and i dont enjoy even winning as much anymore. This shit really sucks you in and after a while turns into more of an "addiction" then anything.
When you win you feel normal, when you lose you feel down.

Cant believe ive had action EVERY single day for the last 6 months.

Anwyays, congrats philly backers/fans. See you all next year MLB 08-09 Season, and in a couple weeks for NBA/NCAAB:cheers:
Nicely Done Cap:cheers:

Back