PGA Championship Discussion

I am guessing the Players will be the same weekend as the Elite 8 like it used to be. There will be competition, so be it.

Just like PGA will have some NBA/NHL playoffs to contend with as well.

Yeah, it will be player friendly for sure.

Just off the top of my head...

-It helps the Florida swing(since they lost Doral)
-You basically get a major tourney every month from March through 3rd weekend of July.
-Obviously now the playoffs will not have to compete with the NFL.
-More time off before Ryder or Presidents Cup each year
-I bet you'll see more stacked fields for the overseas events that happen in November. The fields are already solid as can be but guys will want to get a bit of work in before taking 4-6 weeks off around Holidays.

Already have this years Open and Masters champs on their way

Already have this years Open and Masters champs on their way

It has been happening more and more the last several years...before it was Tiger then Phil esque for playing for appearance fees now it seems to be going against strong fields...just my opinion...

Good luck in 2023 with the PGA at Oak Hill. Rochester weather is hit or miss in May. Senior year of high school our golf team was supposed to play Oak Hill on April 25th and instead we got 2 inches of snow. Depending on which week in May the leaves may not be on the trees yet either. The visuals will be lousy.

This also knocks Whistling Straits out of the rotation which is a shame.

Good luck in 2023 with the PGA at Oak Hill. Rochester weather is hit or miss in May. Senior year of high school our golf team was supposed to play Oak Hill on April 25th and instead we got 2 inches of snow. Depending on which week in May the leaves may not be on the trees yet either. The visuals will be lousy.

This also knocks Whistling Straits out of the rotation which is a shame.
Good point and TPC in March is no picnic either, can be windy and cold in Jax.

Putting is not optional prior to mid-July

But imagine a major TPC Scottsdale, Padraig suggested the Ryder Cup! Paramedics would be overworked

Back