Penn State vs. Ohio State Discussion Thread

W/o Joel Klatt that whole operation would be a dumpster fire
The pregame show seems very solid (or at least 1000x better than gameday) but honestly I don’t watch much of that stuff anymore. I’m getting bets squared away on sat mornings and I don’t really care about what the carnival barkers on tv are saying.

The big picture is that ratings are going to be massive for osu/psu with or without Klatt. And whether the game is played at noon or midnight. So just cut the shit and do what’s best for the sport, for the programs, the fans in attendance, and the recruits who’d like to make visits and put the games deserving of a prime time spot in an actual prime time spot. This ain’t hard.

The pregame show seems very solid (or at least 1000x better than gameday) but honestly I don’t watch much of that stuff anymore. I’m getting bets squared away on sat mornings and I don’t really care about what the carnival barkers on tv are saying.

The big picture is that ratings are going to be massive for osu/psu with or without Klatt. And whether the game is played at noon or midnight. So just cut the shit and do what’s best for the sport, for the programs, the fans in attendance, and the recruits who’d like to make visits and put the games deserving of a prime time spot in an actual prime time spot. This ain’t hard.
C'mon you know better, of all of them Fox cares about only one thing. Beating ESPN.

Unfortunately with TV controlling SO much, you and the rest of us will be upset with start times more and more.

Look at these future B10 schedules. They are designated the OSU and UMs (USC too) of the world to play harder schedules for their programming. Meanwhile, the Iowa's of the world will receive lighter schedules.

This will be very interesting moving forward.

Unfortunately with TV controlling SO much, you and the rest of us will be upset with start times more and more.

Look at these future B10 schedules. They are designated the OSU and UMs (USC too) of the world to play harder schedules for their programming. Meanwhile, the Iowa's of the world will receive lighter schedules.

This will be very interesting moving forward.

USC needs to get used to 9am starts, Michigan/OSU 10pm starts.

USC needs to get used to 9am starts, Michigan/OSU 10pm starts.
Definitely on the USC end.

I don't think we'll see too many 10pm and 10:30 starts the the Big 2/3 of the East.

Those matchups are purely 12:00 or 7:30/8:00 eastern.

Now, you'll see a Purdue at UCLA 10:30 start fer sure (for example).

I thought they made a rule about not putting the west coast schools on at 9am. I could be wrong tho.
I can't see that.

Why?

TV.

Big noon is going to select at least 1 of the four Western teams road games at an Eastern Time zone school.

Back to TV, don't forget CBS 3:30 will become more prominent.

One of the OSU website writers Alex Gleitman said that his guess (as of last night) was that Emeka Egbuka won't play on Saturday and that Denzel Burke is "a 50/50 deal".

After a down year in '22, Burke has been absolutely lights out in coverage so far this season.

One of the OSU website writers Alex Gleitman said that his guess (as of last night) was that Emeka Egbuka won't play on Saturday and that Denzel Burke is "a 50/50 deal".

After a down year in '22, Burke has been absolutely lights out in coverage so far this season.
Those losses would certainly impact the spread yet we saw a jump to 4.5-5 this morning.

First to 18 wins

I was listening to college fb radio on xm this morning, don’t know what genius it was who said “neither team getting to 30”, super bold prediction there with a 47 total and a 3-4 point spread! Lmao. 1st to 18 has much more usefulness, assuming you like the under? Seems like the best way to play this to me.

I was at this game! Spartans dominated 1H then this play swung the game.

Not much different than sparty somehow losing to Rutgers after dominating for 3 qrtrs last week! Mfers seriously snapped one over punters head for td then was it the next kickoff where these geniuses had 10 guys expecting a on side kick so Rutgers just pips it up to a spot they have nobody and recover the kick! It was a small miracle sparty still covered but they totally fucked up a nice dog ml RR I had! Letting Rutgers score like 19 points in 3 min or some shit after holding them for virtually nothing for 3 qrtrs!!

I was listening to college fb radio on xm this morning, don’t know what genius it was who said “neither team getting to 30”, super bold prediction there with a 47 total and a 3-4 point spread! Lmao. 1st to 18 has much more usefulness, assuming you like the under? Seems like the best way to play this to me.
Already on +4.5, just think it's value in a game that should be low and should be close. So yeah I guess I like under as well but not really interested in double dipping with the total. Might even try to hedge wit OSU at less than a FG live, depends how the game is going. Not a big fan of both teams scoring over 17, just not overly confident in picking which one does or can.

Already on +4.5, just think it's value in a game that should be low and should be close. So yeah I guess I like under as well but not really interested in double dipping with the total. Might even try to hedge wit OSU at less than a FG live, depends how the game is going. Not a big fan of both teams scoring over 17, just not overly confident in picking which one does or can.

Im with ya, I don’t like playing both side and total either, I havnt bet it yet cause the +4.5 was gone by time I looked but I see it might be back there. 4.5 has way more appeal than +3.5 to me. I’ll def grab some +4.5 if I can get it later. Now that total has been smacked down to 45 (just realized that) def think more likely I take the points.

I was at this game! Spartans dominated 1H then this play swung the game.
That was a fun Sparty team early on.

Jehu Caulcrick.

That's the CFB opening Saturday, Crick had several touchdowns -- the day I started chatting with @HUNT and @Inspekdah ... That was a fun ole Covers in-game the year before we fired this place up.

AD and line>=3 and o:rank<=25 and ats streak>3 and line<=10 and week>7

Away dog line is 3+ their opponent is top 25. Away dog(Penn St. in this case) has at least 3+ covers in a row. The line is less than or =10 and the game is played after week 7

This isn’t not a specific team trend this a whole FBS trend over the years.

This dog is +3 to +10 has a cover streak going and playing a top 25 team with a low line is death. Obviously it could be due to lose but Penn St is also ripe to regress. If they cover this week they should be even more difficult to cover. That is my opinion and depends on the line.

I trust that I have the right side but it’s not a special type play

Lastly Penn states opponents do far? Yikes so bad. If this was a horse race Penn state is racing up 2 classes this week. See if they can get this done.

The problem in capping Penn State is playing such crappy teams how high is their celling? This is why this game is so important to me and still an unknown. High consensus on Penn State but I feel most of that is because they take care of business every week. Keep riding the train type wagering.

Mr Peanut is 80-22 vs the rest of the B1G and 4-14 vs tOSU and Mich. He's lost 6 in a row to the Bucks and has never beat both in the same season.

I dont like him and will never bet him in a big game and stick to betting him in games he's DD fave as he tries to appease his gambling boosters.

Back