Penn State vs Michigan... beware

Craftsy21

Pretty much a regular
I think the line is about right, but don't forget how long it's been since Penn State has won against Michigan.. going on 10 years now I believe.

There's a reason for that.. i'm not entirely sure what it is, but we've been better than them several times now in the last decade and can't get it done, especially in the big house.

Anybody want to cheer me up and tell me why this is the year the lions finally break through against UM? I've seen a lot of you liking the line so far, and there's no way I can play my own team in this spot.. so, as outsiders, can you cheer me up a little and tell me what's the difference this year in winning?

Or is UM the play as a home dog?

I'm a Michigan fan through and through, and I initially was hoping for Um to get 7 or more then I was going to take them.

Well, PSU at -3 is a steal in my book. The defense is excellent this year and Mallett won't be going agaisnt a soft defense like ND this week. If PSU stops the run, and they should, it will be a long day.

I honestly think Um has gotten way too much respect from the books this year...UM -8 against oregon AFTER losing to app. st. and getting destroyed by a spread offense, are you kidding me?

ND is awful this year, they may win 3 or 4 games if that.

38-0 was just want I wanted for this line.

To be honest, I made the line 7. So when it came out at 3, I had to hit it for a decent play. Feel that PSU advantage on defense is too large. If Michigan "woke up" against ND, so be it. But I'll have to see it first before I believe it.

I was at the Mich-Notred dame game and Notre Dame is a very bad team.
Mich just ran Hart over jake long every time and ND couldnt stop them and when ND would load up on that side Mich would run a play action and send the receiver and he was wide open for td's.
On offense ND was so slow and deliberate with everything they did, the rb couldnt hit the holes quick enough and the receivers never got or had time for seperation.

Don't let the final score fool you, they are not that good either, they have some very good individual players, Long (best OT in college?) Hart, Manningham but there was nothing special as a team, this gane should make them fool good about them selves but a good team will beat this team.
I know some of you will say well its at the big house, well there is no home field advantage except for the size, the noise is not a factor as the accoustics are so bad there, the sound just funnels out (yes very surprising for 111,000 people)

I was at the Mich-Notred dame game and Notre Dame is a very bad team.
Mich just ran Hart over jake long every time and ND couldnt stop them and when ND would load up on that side Mich would run a play action and send the receiver and he was wide open for td's.
On offense ND was so slow and deliberate with everything they did, the rb couldnt hit the holes quick enough and the receivers never got or had time for seperation.

Don't let the final score fool you, they are not that good either, they have some very good individual players, Long (best OT in college?) Hart, Manningham but there was nothing special as a team, this gane should make them fool good about them selves but a good team will beat this team.
I know some of you will say well its at the big house, well there is no home field advantage except for the size, the noise is not a factor as the accoustics are so bad there, the sound just funnels out (yes very surprising for 111,000 people)

Bingo, bango, bongo

Im not worried about the defense

we're gonna shut hart down and make the freshman beat us (a tall task considering our secondary)

Im just leery of a complete morelli meltdown...i cant trust the guy until he gives me a reason to...and i dont like that he bitches about people criticizing him

Hopefully michigans defense is so bad it wont matter

by the way...if we get through this one, this will be the season that leads to somesort of plus 1 or playoff...an undefeated JoePa on the outside looking in (AGAIN?!)?? Not gonna go over well......

Im not worried about the defense

we're gonna shut hart down and make the freshman beat us (a tall task considering our secondary)

Im just leery of a complete morelli meltdown...i cant trust the guy until he gives me a reason to...and i dont like that he bitches about people criticizing him

Morelli is a puss...

Hart had to run for "tough" yards last year at happy Valley. Expect more of the same here. The only difference is UM will play better defense again because he is a pocket passer. That being said, I thought this was toughest game for UM b4 season started when they were a contender(according to polls) and now after the reversal of forune get this low of a number. Awesome.

Morelli is a puss...

Hart had to run for "tough" yards last year at happy Valley. Expect more of the same here. The only difference is UM will play better defense again because he is a pocket passer. That being said, I thought this was toughest game for UM b4 season started when they were a contender(according to polls) and now after the reversal of forune get this low of a number. Awesome.

Well put B.A.R.!

I would love to punch morelli in the face

its funny...as far as i can see, the Philly section of the PSU fanbase hates him and wants him gone and the Blind homer section of the PSU fanbase says hes winning and hes fine, leave him alone....

Last edited:
I like PSU in this spot b/c of the seniors having a big chip on their shoulders about have not beating this team while they were there. They have came close a couple times but never execueted. Along the same basis as Michigan's offensive seniors against Ohio State, but i don't think they can do anything about it as it seems michigan can't do much about it.

PSU's LB's and defensive front will take care of this offense from start until finnish. I hope Hart gotten all his gratification from beating ND last weekend because i do not think he'll get over 60 yards in this game.

Back