Pau Gasol traded to Lakers...?

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
is this true?

Gasol to Lakers.
Kwame Brown to Grizz
Javaris Crittenton to Grizz
1st rnd picks in 08 and 2010 to Grizz

it's on roto, but I'm looking for a different confirmation cus they don't cite a source.

if this is true......WOW

Lakers gotta be considered the front runner in the West with Pau on board. holy shit.

apparently not.

I wonder if Pau himself had a hand in refusing to go to Chicago but being okay with going to LA. does he have that sort of pull in his contract?

i think kobe is the only player to have that no-trade type thing ever written into an nba contract if memory serves right. not real sure tho. another sad day in this bulls season.

least phil got him i guess ...

So no one plays today because of the physical I assume.

The Swift deal doesnt happen till Monday and Gasol has back issues already and doubt he could get to Tor in time. So LAL will be even more shorthanded you lucky SOB! Though Turiaf is better IMO

They just reported it on ESPN

its a nice deal for the Lakers, but I dont think it makes them any better than 3rd or 4th in the west

wow i cant figure out why Memphis would do this????? They get back shitty Kwame and Critt which doesn't make sense with Conley there. Good for the lakers, stupid for Memphis. Also the picks probably won't be worth it either as I don't see them being to high anyway

can the grizzlies now please trade the sixers fucking lowry

what the fuck do i have to do to get that guy up here????

Memphis would do this because they want to get some cap room back.

I can't think of another reason.

critt is a combo guard. they probably see him as their 2 guard of the future.

surprising this is the trade they went with, but maybe it really was the best offer. Baron went for speedy Claxton and dale davis a few years ago. NBA teams are really stupid.

The biggest deal is that this puts the Lakers back on pace to make the playoffs. After the past 2 weeks and with this roadtrip, i was starting to get worried.

i will admit, it leaves them with a pretty good starting 5 when Bynum comes back

Fisher
Kobe
Odom
Gasol
Bynum

not too bad

thats ironic...the lakers traded marc gasol for pau gasol!

Full deal is:

Gasol for Kwame, Critt, Gasol, Aaron McKie, 08 1st rounder, 10 1st rounder

I like the suns better...the spurs better and whoever (Rockets, Mavs or Nuggets) gets Kidd better

and possibly the hornets

That Center/Power forward punch of Bynum and Gasol is just as good or better then the Spurs/Suns/Rocket front courts. And when you have Bryant on the team, you got the best player on the court. The bench has been playing well also. Mihm and Ariza still hurt, but should be coming back soon. I think you gotta put them as the odds on favorite to win the west now. Just my opinion.

no I dont think this means they will win the west cause I still think they will lose their fair share of games until Bynum comes back. also the period of getting Gasol on the same page as the rest of the team will hurt them short term. as far as the bench, remember they were great early on but now they have traded away 4 guys from that bench (cook, evans, kwame, critt) and only basically brought in Ariza who is gonna be out for awhile still. not as strong anymore imo

Insane deal for the Lakers. Wow. I'm in shock. I guess it makes sense, the Grizzlies aren't going to win soon so get cap relief and picks. (But I would have liked more..)

cook is and always has been trash. the same with kwame. getting rid of both of them is addition by subtraction.

evans was aight, but never that big a piece and ariza is a clear upgrade.

critt barely got any play. He's gonna be a great player in the future, but not this year for this lakers team.

Vlad Rad is getting healthy again, and Sasha has been playin well.

Farmar, Sasha, Vlad, Ronny and Ariza.

I really don't see a dropoff in the bench.

Im sad but happy. Critt had a real bright future but he was getting no playing time. Lakers are about now and they need Pau. Bynum and Pau in the playoffs should be a sick big man combo and should be able to matchup with any1 in the west. WHat I like is it should make the defense so much better.

Im sad but happy. Critt had a real bright future but he was getting no playing time. Lakers are about now and they need Pau. Bynum and Pau in the playoffs should be a sick big man combo and should be able to matchup with any1 in the west. WHat I like is it should make the defense so much better.

Except Gasol cant guard anyone. He's a hell of a post threat tho.. Lakers have a lot of scorers.

My take:

Lakers become a legit contender out West now with Gasol. They really got him for a bargain. Crittenton would have trouble seeing any minutes with Farmer's improved play. Kwame is expired. It's basically two 1st's for a shot at the Finals. Not bad...

Memphis gets serious salary relief, but now they have an even bigger log jam at PG. This team made the WRONG pick with Conley in this year's draft. I'm not totally sure of their cap situation after this year, but Kwame's contract is definitely off the books, so they will have some money to work with.

I put the Lakers in 2nd behind the Spurs when healthy. Farmar, Kobe, Odom, Pau, Bynum is a VERY formidable first unit. Walton goes to the bench where he belongs, and he will be a solid sixth man.

This move might put some pressure on Dallas to find a way to get Kidd. If the price is too high, we will gladly ship Andre Miller out West for some cap relief.

Lakers also have a soft but servicable Luke Walton coming off the bench. As a Laker fan, this is the best news I can hear. Fro the past 2 weeks since Bynum went down, fans were wondering what we were going to do with Kwame since he has been a useless body on the court This puts Lamar vs undersized 3's He can play without pressure on him just like he likes to do. The paint will be crwoded with Bynum and Gasol, but I rather have that problem than have the question of what you will get from Kwame on a nightly basis. On paper, Lakers can be a top team but team chemistry will be in question. Another problem I rather deal with with Gasol in uni rather than Kwame. I would have loved to see J Critt grow up as a Laker, but he wasnt going to get PT for another 2-3 seasons with Fisher in the mix. Whatever the case, Kwame, dont let the door hit your lazy sensitive ass on your way out.

Swift to NJ for Collins as well

There's something fishy about this deal. Swift had a player option for next season. Collins is guaranteed one more year. Why wouldn't Memphis just keep Swift, and hope he walks after this season for even more cap space?

kwame_animated.gif

Back