Pacquiao Vs. Hatton May 2

bjorks

Secretary of Fondy Fanclub
Now called off. Seems Pacquiao was unwilling to give Hatton a 50/50 split on the purse and the Hatton's called it off.

But, realistically it's another instance wear promoters may be getting in the way. Pacquiao and Golden Boy and Hatton with Top Rank. Those idiots never get along and can't seem to come together at the expense of the fans.

No wonder boxing is dying while MMA is thriving.

What a bunch of bullshit. This is all Pac-man's fault, IMO. The purse, split 50-50 would be big for both sides...it's an ego thing. And who the hell is Pac-man to think he's worth more than Hatton? Hatton draws just as many fans, considering his only loss is to FM, and he's the Golden Boy of the UK.

Extremely dissappointed.

I really think it's Golden Boy productions and Pac's handlers, not Manny. It's like they think since Manny beat Oscar, he should get the same time of deals as Oscar. But on the other hand, Hatton and England buy waaaaaaaaaaay more PPV's than Manny and the Philipines.

It's the promoters getting in the way.

Are you sure Pac is with Golden Boy bjorks? I thought I heard before the ODLH fight that he turned his back on Golden Boy and went with Bob Arum. I still think its all Manny here. Its not like he deserves any more than Hatton imo. Hatton has proved to be one of the boxings best right now. It would be a great fight. And I am even more pissed since if Pac would have won this one, he could have fought PBF in November or December

bjorks - I think sc is right. Manny is with Arum now, this I know. Just a few days ago I read an article that said Manny was talking to the press about how he deserved a 60-40 split. Arum was quoted as saying that Manny would eventually take the 50/50 split (he'd be crazy not to), and that he was visibly frustrated with the Pac-Man wanting a 60-40 split in his favor.

Per my knowledge, this is all Pac-Man's doing.

You're right, Pac is with Arum.

Fight back on, trying to call in favors for tickets right now.

2 of my favorite fighters going head-to-head here.

You're right, Pac is with Arum.

Fight back on, trying to call in favors for tickets right now.

2 of my favorite fighters going head-to-head here.

Yup. Here's the article confirming what you just said (YAY!)...

Pacquiao-Hatton megafight is back on

Pound-for-pound kingpin Manny Pacquiao phoned promoter Bob Arum early Thursday evening in Los Angeles and informed the Top Rank chairman that he had signed his contract to fight Ricky Hatton on May 2 in Las Vegas, reviving a megafight that seemingly had died a day earlier.
Pacquiao, who defeated Oscar De La Hoya on Dec. 6 in one of his most impressive and dominant performances, had been balking at signing to fight Hatton because he was not pleased with the 50-50 split.
Arum had been been frustrated with Pacquiao and hadn’t spoken to him in more than two weeks. Pacquiao also had not been taking calls from his trainer and close friend, Freddie Roach.
But Pacquiao reversed course on Thursday and agreed to the deal. Arum said he had to do something for Pacquiao contract-wise, but said “it is nothing that will hurt me.”

He said Pacquiao told him he faxed the signed contract to Top Rank’s office in Las Vegas and emailed a copy to the company’s attorney. Arum is in Los Angeles co-promoting a Saturday fight at the Staples Center between Antonio Margarito and Shane Mosley.
“When we get in and open the office on [Friday] morning, hopefully the contract is on the fax machine and we have a fight,” Arum said.

Manny is definitely not a money hungry type person. Dude does so much for his people back in the Phillipines. Very respectable man.

HBO 24/7 starts tomorrow. Can't wait for this fight. The 24/7 stuff is great as well. One of the best put together documentaries (i think thats the right description) on TV.

I am guessing the winner of this one gets PBF sometime in November. A Pac Man/PBF fight would be one of the bigger and better ones of the last 20 years imo.

hbo 24/7 is the shit. nobody hypes up a big fight like them.

this is gonna be an amazing fight and if manny wins, a big-time blockbuster matchup with mayweather could be on the cards.

that shit would be huge.

hbo 24/7 is the shit. nobody hypes up a big fight like them.

this is gonna be an amazing fight and if manny wins, a big-time blockbuster matchup with mayweather could be on the cards.

that shit would be huge.

$$$ mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ...............man that be awesome $ may vs. manny

anybody seeing any early odds for this fight?

In the Uk,obviously lower for Ricky

stan james go

Ricky +150
Pac-man -200

vegasfans0912_468x302.jpg

I think Pacquiao will take it to him. Hatton has great power but we all saw what the speed of PBF did to him, not only that, but Pac Man is probably a bigger puncher than Floyd. Not going to bet the fight but my prediction is Pac Man KO 8

I think Pacquiao will take it to him. Hatton has great power but we all saw what the speed of PBF did to him, not only that, but Pac Man is probably a bigger puncher than Floyd. Not going to bet the fight but my prediction is Pac Man KO 8

Think your on the right track.

like the way you think sc. b.a.r. giving the thumbs up only gives me confidence that pac is going to win this one.

Some very interesting quotes in here that make you stop and go hmmm. Definitely makes me stop and think for a second. Former Hatton trainer Billy Graham is the one quoted in here by the way.

"There's not really many comparisons with the Mayweather fight, to be honest with you," Graham told me. "It's a totally different fight. That was at welterweight, this is at 140.

This is at Ricky's natural weight. I see Ricky winning big, pretty spectacularly."

Graham never says anything he doesn't mean. He knows what Pacquiao has achieved and only sees one winner, even as a neutral observer, "I think Pacquiao's a great fighter," Graham emphasised. "I think he's got a great coach in Freddie Roach as well. I'm surprised Freddie took the fight, to be honest with you, but I don't think it was his call.

"Ricky's got all the tools to beat Pacquiao. He's a got a wicked straight right hand, if he gets it at the right distance and doesn't overreach himself. He's got a pulverizing right cross. He's a got a massive left hook to the head, and obviously to the body, and with Pacquiao being a southpaw he's closer to Ricky's left hook. I see it being a great fight for Ricky."

Bookmakers in Britain are less convinced. Most have installed Pacquiao, who has already won world titles in five divisions from flyweight to lightweight, as a narrow odds-on favorite. In December, Pacquiao defied many experts by upsetting the much-bigger Oscar De La Hoya in their welterweight non-title fight at the MGM. Although Pacquiao made light of the natural weight difference, the one-sided nature of his victory seemed to owe as much to De La Hoya's declining power and weight struggles.

It is not something Graham expects Pacquiao to be able to repeat against a strong, rejuvenated Hatton, who improved to 45-1 (32) by outclassing the New Yorker Paulie Malignaggi at the MGM in November in his first fight under the tutelage of Mayweather's father, Floyd Sr.

"Ricky's gonna have ten pounds on Pacquiao on the night they get in the ring," Graham said. "You can't give that can't kind of weight away to Ricky Hatton. He's too good. I'm not knocking Pacquiao. Yes, he's fast. Yes, he's got great footwork - but Ricky Hatton's fast and Ricky Hatton's got great footwork. He's got great balance as well. No one can keep Ricky Hatton out.

"I don't think Manny's gonna be as good at tieing him [Hatton] up inside as Mayweather. My fear for the Mayweather fight wasn't the fact that we could catch him, it was what we had to do when we got there. I don't see Pacquiao giving him [Hatton] them kind of problems. The only chance of him winning is possibly [on] cuts before Ricky gets adjusted to the southpaw stance." The fight brings together arguably the two best-supported boxers in the world, but Graham expects Hatton's travelling army of fans to be the most vocal among the anticipated sell-out crowd of just over 17,000.

people are underestimating hatton because he got ko'd by mayweather, in a fight in which he actually did pretty well for himself until the 10th round when he got over-aggressive, which is his natural style.

and people are giving pac-man too much credit for beating the shit out of de la hoya who was nothing but a washed up bum.

people are underestimating hatton because he got ko'd by mayweather, in a fight in which he actually did pretty well for himself until the 10th round when he got over-aggressive, which is his natural style.

and people are giving pac-man too much credit for beating the shit out of de la hoya who was nothing but a washed up bum.

Ya I think that too, Floyd Sr. has also kept talking about how Oscar was dehydrated for that fight and went in with no energy. Ill be on Hatton

I watched the PBF/Hatton fight and I think that Ricky got whipped. While he did hang for awhile, he didn't ever really have a shot or do any damage to PBF. Manny is a stud and there is a reason the price is this high. I think it is higher than PBF was v. Ricky.

Was listening to the local sports radio station the other day and they had the legendary Bert Randolph Sugar on to preview the fight.

He opened up by bragging about the fact that he was one of the only guys in the boxing industry to have picked manny to beat oscar in his last fight, and went on to say that everything in this bout is stacked up in Ricky's favour. When pressed to make a prediction, he said it's pretty much close to a 50-50 in terms of the outcome and if he was a betting man, which he is on the weekends, he'd put some cash down on Hatton.

I've waited for this for 5 months as these are my 2 favorite fighters! Tomorrow is a big day.

I'm all over Manny and here's why.

Speed kills. Hatton is a tremendous fighter and had a solid showing against Malignaggi, but he fell back into some of his old habits...leading with his chin. Before is fight versus Mayweather, Hatton could get away with because he wasn't fighting top competition for his first 20 fights. Hatton's flaw has always been leaning in with his chin/head when he's moving forward. Mayweather exposed him that in the past 3-4 years Hatton's defense is not what it was from the early 2000's.

Against fighters like Tszyu and even Olivierie he was much quicker to get his hands up and counter. I think slug fests agianst Jose Luis Castillo, Juan Urango, and Luis Collazo and obviously Mayweather took a little out of him. He didn't look good against Lazcano, but got his act together agianst Malignaggi, who IMO is a joke of a fighter. In the fights against Lazcano and Malignaggi the one thing that stood out to me was Hatton has gotten a bit lazy, maybe it was over confidence, but he's leading with his chin/head badly.

I keep waiting for years of fighting to catch up to Manny and it just hasn't happened. I realize ODLH was on the down side of his career, but Manny destroyed him. The one thing you can't prepare for is Manny's angles. His punches are coming from everywhere. Hatton backers will talk about his size advantage, but you can't prepare for Manny's in and out style and hand speed.

Hatton is fighting for pride and another crack at Mayweather. Manny fights for the entire country of the Philippines. IMO Hatton's style is tailor made for Manny. A guy who isn't going to retreat, will try to counter, and has seen a decrease in his defense while leaning in. I'm not sure if Manny will get a TKO in this, but Hatton's swelling issues could come into play. Hatton, as his career has gone longer, has had more and more issues with swelling around the eyes and who better to take head shots with stiff jabs than Manny.

Having Mayweather Sr. in his corner is not going to help Hatton either. I'm always suspicious of a fighter who goes 95% of his career with the same trainer and then in one of the biggest fights of his career switches it up? Floyd Mayweather is a helluva trainer, but he does not have the same vibe as Hatton did with Billy Graham. Manny and Roach are an awesome combination.

Hatton is more on the downside of his career than Manny, and I feel Hatton has gotten sloppy recently. To beat Manny you have to counter and get a little lucky and catch him when he's darting in. Hatton has the ability, but I feel the early rounds will go to Manny as it will take 3, maybe 4 rounds for Hatton adjust to the angles and speed of Manny. With 1/3 of the fight gone before you start feeling comfortable, you need at least 1 knockdown to catch back up and Manny just doesn't go down. If Manny gets up early I think he'll keep the pressure on, but will not be as aggressive in looking for a KO unless he's able to hurt Hatton, which I'm not sure he can.

It's gonna be an awesome fight and I can't wait. I think Manny is the better fighter right now, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Hatton get a win. My money is going on the better fighter, the faster fighter, and the fact Vegas and everyone else does not want to see Hatton/Mayweather II, they want Manny/Mayweather, which could be the fight that saves boxing...at least temporarily.

Good luck whatever side your on!

but he has 2 KO him

also
Juan Manuel Marquez is gonna take it 2 Money Mayweather

Buddy... PBF is going to be AT LEAST a 3/1 fave....

He is going to knock out JMM in short order. When "baby bull" knocks your ass down clean, you are in deep shit. Regardless of the layoff, this fight is about as one sided as you can get. It only sets up a larger fight with PBF and......

If you put one red cent on Manny, you shouldn't bet boxing. It's a dope move.

This fight isn't going anywhere near ten rounds. The under 9.5 prop is rock solid, at slight plus money.

I'm confident that Hatton embarrasses Pac inside of 7 rounds, if you want to go for the home run.

C'mon.... you actually believe this crap? You can say many things and I wouldn't go apeshit. This is pure stupidity.

Walk - PM me bro -

Give Slappy some insight, I can honestly tell based on the structure of your reply that you do have a very good feel for this fight. I'm being honest, if you don't want to reply OK, I'm already on Hatton at +200, but I need insight on the props..I don't know much bout boxing, if anything

watch replay of early 2008 JMM vs Pac.. I had JMM winning 115-112 though Pac got the decision. Pac got outpunched bigtime. Pac has fought one man over 140 pounds in his life, Delahoya, who was a joke.. Now Mr featherweight gets a true welterweight in his prime.. Hatton will bully and walk right through all counter attmpts by Pac IMO.. I had it near pick em.

4 units Hatton +220..

Some pretty good insights over in my MLB thur thread if anyone wants to chime in..

watch replay of early 2008 JMM vs Pac.. I had JMM winning 115-112 though Pac got the decision. Pac got outpunched bigtime. Pac has fought one man over 140 pounds in his life, Delahoya, who was a joke.. Now Mr featherweight gets a true welterweight in his prime.. Hatton will bully and walk right through all counter attmpts by Pac IMO.. I had it near pick em.

4 units Hatton +220..

Some pretty good insights over in my MLB thur thread if anyone wants to chime in..

read up the thread a bit.. Good stuff in here. couple additional comments:

Not only is Pac not a bigger puncher than $ he wasn't a bigger puncher than JMM in their last fight.. JMM landed 42% of power punches vs Pac. That should have Pac backers a bit worried tonight. JMM rocked him in the 2nd round. Said this over in my "thur MLB" thread but if Hatton is anywhere near 20+% on power punches in this one, its over in mid rounds.

Also, what weight did they decide to fight at? JMM v. $... Obviously JMM wants it lighter and $ heavier.. If they are fighting at low weight, I'll consider some of that suggested 3:1 money..Just my opinion..

any thoughts on the udercard?

:cheers:

It'll be interesting to see who wins the tactical battle between Freddie "The Joke-Coach" Roach and Floyd Mayweather Sr.

I know you guys saw that shit on 24/7.

Getting fired up for this one ... I'm making a small play on Hatton, but we'll see!

Ive got in a right fucking mess on this.
Obviously I want Ricky to win,BUT Ive taken quite a bit of money for him at work off the homers.Ive got even money for Pacman cause all the loyal homers whove bet ricky with me no fuck all about betting.
I should really just take the +215 about Hatton and have a nice free bet on him courtesy of the guys at work..... not sure yet,heart and head... as for the fight.Im really not sure...manny is way to quick for Hatton but on the otherhand Ricky could be too powerful...Im really not sure....

Kid carrying a belt into the ring for Ricky tonight,got a serious mental disability and been with Ricky since his amateur days.This is the 1st time the quacks have passed him fit to travel,so Ricky has him carrying a belt into the ring with him on his entrance.You know ,Hatton really is so normal,its quite incredible when you look at other sports stars

GL Fellas

first things first, mayweather is going to kill marquez. i cant believe he even agreed to fight at 144.

I just rewatched two pac fights and then hatton v $$$$$. this fight is going to be closer than people think. pac is really going to have to control the tempo and keep it in the middle of the ring. hatton had early success against mayweather because he bullied him into the ropes and kept the fight inside and close. that being said i think mayweather allowed him to do that. money just popshotted the shit out of him until he basically wore him down and beat him into submission basically. as much as i loved the way hatton fought that night he still didn't land anything that hurt mayweather at all. im trying to compare this fight to that one but considering how good mayweather is it might be hard to.

one thing that i also noticed in that fight is hatton did get tired. i think that hatton not putting that weight on in between fights is big for his conditioning. he could concentrate on the fight instead of dropping all the weight.

i think this fight comes down to will hatton be able to land his punches. theres no doubt that pac will land his. for some reason i would be shocked if those goes 10. i really like the under 9.5. i really don't have an actual pick for this fight yet but i am leaning pacman.

Hey Joe, Mr. Mulligan and others! Good to see you guys again as well! I'm debating ordering this damn fight on PPV but that's a lot of dough to fork over. Anyone getting it, or know of one of these million sites listed showing it live streaming online that is halfass credible?

Well, if I were getting it you'd be the first person I invited over.

Of course, something tells me you wouldn't make it by fight time.

But how about this, Joe has to go to a play tonight. He won't even see the fight.

(Yes, this whole thing involves getting laid, as if anyone needed to ask.)

Back