P2W Derby Thoughts

Play2win

Mod by Monday Morning
31AQwNgSRXL._SX160_.jpg

What color should i get?

Derby Day

R1: No Opinion

R2: #1 No Surrender was purchased privately (same connections as Danza, Derby contender) off his impressive 1 1/16 win @ Haw, that race was off layoff and his dirt debut, 1st out was synth.

R3: Looking at two colts that are going synth to dirt and making 2nd career start, #9 Coastal Moon broke slow from rail and had no chance after that, may prefer dirt over synth, #10 Boss Gone bumped start then wide @ Kee..both Casse and Wilkes good 2nd time out trainers.

R4: #5 Night Song 1 for 1 on turf, dirt debut wasnt bad, good stretch out trainer, should control the pace in here.

R5: I love cutbacks in extended sprints (6.5F, 7F) and #7 Thundergram cuts back from 1 1/8 to 7F and exits Ark Derby, race in which he had no chance class/trip wise..aggressive move by Casse by even running him in that spot (obv was trying to get Derby pts) but shows he is high on this colt.

R6: Contenders: #1 Tapicat, #7 Ready Signal, #8 Effie Trinket, #9 Centre Court..I'm against #3 Miz Ida today off the layoff.

R7: #8 Midnight Lucky will be short price but she's best in here imo, even off layoff.

R8: #5 Global View for me, his last is a throw out race, that was synth and this is turf.

R9: #2 Clearly Now is a strong play for me, tough trip and off layoff last out in Carter, will be much tighter today, really woke up when blinkers were added last year, 109 and 103 Beyer Speed Figs.

R10: #1 Wise Dan will be tough to beat, if he is defeated i'm looking at #'s 2 and 4 and possibly #10..still undecided about this race.

R11: No special order but my derby horses are: #12 Dance With Fate, #16 Intense Holiday, #20 Wicked Strong

Didn't look at R12 or R13 yet

Belmont thoughts shortly..

Bel R4: #3 never had a chance, lacked room on inside whole trip, steady checked out of it, can't wait to bet him next time (turf)

Bel R5: WIN #2

p2, your team's idiot announcers are saying that danza is the favorite at 8-1 right now while they are broadcasting the game

CD R9: WIN #2 is likely biggest play of day for me

also Pk3 #2,4,9/1,2,4,5/12,16,18,20

CD R8: Im alive w/ DD on #5 and pk3 3,5,6,8,10,11/2..1st leg was the very impressive Midnight Lucky

Nice hit on the 5 there Play, getting ready to go hit an offtrack bar here shortly

hit that DD a bunch of times have Clearly Now to win and back end of nice p3 few times

BEL R7: PK4 7,11/4,9/4,7,8/2,5,8,10

Nice call on Global View, had him to win too. :cheers:

Certainly never a lack of support for Clearly Now here at CTG, :shake:

Thanks for taking time to post Player...sittin here following them all and stickin a few of my own in

Churchill Downs
Race #9 - May, 03
Daily Double (2 / 1)
Bet Amount: USD 20

GL with #2 in the 9th and know ur enjoying urself 'an_horse'

alive on those oaks/derby doubles from yesterday: DD #13/12,16,20

CD R9 added another P3 #2,4/1,2,4,5,10/5,12,16,18,20

Haven't been here in a while but had to come in to say:

#2 in race 9 looks awesome...On its toes and ready to run.

Im on it, but might add more now

CD alive pk3's and oaks/derby dd, added:

CD R10: DD #1/12,16,18,20 and DD #2,4,5/5,12,16,18,20

BEL hit DD w/ Five Iron and started pk3's w/ him

much action going into derby 12,16,20 oaks/derby double, back end dd Wise Dan into 12,16,18,20 and back end pk3's 12,16,18,20 and added WIN #20 and EX 12,18/20

Yes, we're running, 2-1 on the ML. Don't really know what to make of the field though, can't get a good read on the race.

Looks like a pretty competitive group Lloyd.

Snickers Kid and Do a Legger look like they'll be willing to battle your horse up front for the lead. They both have recent efforts that could win here. Freddie G on the stretchout and adding blinkers could be right up there on the pace too.

Jacks R Wild and Irish Moon look a little outclassed in this spot. One Cat's Chance has a puncher's chance if the battle upfront gets too hot, but really it looks like whichever of the front four can get to the front and relax is going to hold on for the win. I don't see a whole lot of passing going on. BOL to you!

Thanks Gandolf, thought we caught a pretty tough group considering the conditions. Snickers Kid is the value if anywhere near the ML, know he his taking a step up in class but he's been running good. Freddie G is proven at the distance, see how he runs with the blinkers, but had a nice off the pace style that I thought would be dangerous here. Sanctify seems to like the main track with a real nice work 2 weeks ago, hoping for the best.

Yeah, Arroyo is crafty, he's beaten me many times with look like pedestrian horses on paper, and he seems to be getting used to NY racing. Snickers Kid could be sneaky stretching back out and getting off turf.

Back