Opening Week into Christmas Weekend Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
So many intriguing games this week...

A lot of watch and learn in my opinion...

Hopefully see some live opportunities...

Offhand, the Lakers line seems a bit short. But, how will they distribute minutes? It will be interesting.

Welcome back everyone... this season will be even more unique than the bubble...especially playing the same team many times b2b...

So many intriguing games this week...

A lot of watch and learn in my opinion...

Hopefully see some live opportunities...

Offhand, the Lakers line seems a bit short. But, how will they distribute minutes? It will be interesting.

Welcome back everyone... this season will be even more unique than the bubble...especially playing the same team many times b2b...

I don’t trust pandemic P and load management Kawai or that the clippers locker room issues were solved by letting Harrell go. On the flip side, lakers are deep, and Harrell abs Schroeder anchoring the 2nd unit helps, line is prob short bc books don’t know how to set their lines until they see what kind of minutes ad and Lebron play early on

With no fans around, and as what we've seen in the bubble, I expect to see a ton of overs to start the season.

The Warriors weren't ready to play in their opener last year without Klay. Nets are loaded and very deep. They would win this game by DD without Kyrie. I sort of wish he wasn't playing.

With no fans around, and as what we've seen in the bubble, I expect to see a ton of overs to start the season.

Interesting. The bubble had no depth issues behind the baskets. Curious to see if it was fans or if it was shooting inside a tiny gym affecting or not affecting the shooting.

Cant wait to watch the Wizards. Excited for the first time in years. And we may actually have improved with Westbrook and a good roomie.

This Warriors team tonight without Draymond is absolute shit. Nets are deep as hell and Durant has been waiting 18 months for this game. I think they rock the Warriors tonight.

Feel like this game means way more to the Clippers tonight. New coach, new attitude. They fucked around too much last year in the regular season and built habits that got them beat in the playoffs. I look for a much more focused team this year and it starts right off the bat with a statement win.

This Warriors team tonight without Draymond is absolute shit. Nets are deep as hell and Durant has been waiting 18 months for this game. I think they rock the Warriors tonight.

Feel like this game means way more to the Clippers tonight. New coach, new attitude. They fucked around too much last year in the regular season and built habits that got them beat in the playoffs. I look for a much more focused team this year and it starts right off the bat with a statement win.

One favorite, one dog, everyone knows the rules.

Agree on both.

Lakers have a bit of chemistry issues I think early on - no Rondo, Bradley, Green.

No official word on Harden.

He should be suspended for breaking protocol but he came up with some excuse. We'll see.

Rockets - Thunder game postponed due to covid precautions. Here we go again!

They can’t set a Portland line high enough for me vs houston tomorrow. Portland already will be fuming after getting curb stomped in their opener and hou will be without wall, cousins, Gordon and others, yet harden is able to play lmfaooo. I’d be shocked if port doesn’t win by 15+

Apparently Portland has been trying out a new defensive scheme + with new players...their D has been awful in preseason and it was awful in the season opener. But as Naught said a ton of talent is out for Houston. Harden had one of his worst offensive averages against Portland last year since the Blazers were effective doubling him...I guess that's why they have won three in a row vs Houston? Even if Stotts wants to try new stuff out on defense, surely they'll keep what works against Houston? If some of Harden's top running mates are out and if Harden isn't going to go off...who's going to score for Houston? Christian Wood I guess? He should have a good game against Nurkic

Apparently Portland has been trying out a new defensive scheme + with new players...their D has been awful in preseason and it was awful in the season opener. But as Naught said a ton of talent is out for Houston. Harden had one of his worst offensive averages against Portland last year since the Blazers were effective doubling him...I guess that's why they have won three in a row vs Houston? Even if Stotts wants to try new stuff out on defense, surely they'll keep what works against Houston? If some of Harden's top running mates are out and if Harden isn't going to go off...who's going to score for Houston? Christian Wood I guess? He should have a good game against Nurkic
Port played zero d the other night. Barely played o either. Can’t possibly play any worse. They should put up 115+ vs that houston team and hou gonns struggle to get over 100 unless harden goes for 50+, which he’s not exactly in shape so I don’t see it. Port should put 3 guys on him lol

Nets and Clippers at 6-1 to win it is both great value. This isn’t the bubble invitational.

also like parlaying them to win their conferences and meet in the finals. +1300.

Injuries only thing in East that can stop the Nets. Lakers for the Clippers, but Clippers made better offseason moves and have always been the better team. The participation award trophy from Disney doesn’t change that.

Nets and Clippers at 6-1 to win it is both great value. This isn’t the bubble invitational.

also like parlaying them to win their conferences and meet in the finals. +1300.

Injuries only thing in East that can stop the Nets. Lakers for the Clippers, but Clippers made better offseason moves and have always been the better team. The participation award trophy from Disney doesn’t change that.
Need to see larger sample of nets when schedule gets tight. 3 in 5 nights, b2b etc. need to see how they hold up and load management

I haven’t seen Harden yet this season. Is it true he’s kind of fat right now? I ask, since it looks like he will have to play a lot of minutes...

Nets don't need Kyrie to be healthy to win the East.

The East isn't good. A team that wouldn't have even made the playoffs in the West won the East Disney Invitational last year in the Heat.

Nets don't need Kyrie to be healthy to win the East.

The East isn't good. A team that wouldn't have even made the playoffs in the West won the East Disney Invitational last year in the Heat.
I don’t see it. If Kyrie isn’t healthy you’re relying even more on Durant, let’s see his legs later in the year, levert doesn’t stay healthy either. Are they good, yes, but without both of those two healthy they aren’t beating Milwaukee and I give Philly and Miami a chance

Vegas gets me again. This Portland d is dogshit. Makes my Knicks d look good. Holy crap
It is horrible.

I thought they would score at will vs this team though and that so many new pieces wouldn't play this cohesively for the Rockets.

Absolutely wrong both ways.

It is horrible.

I thought they would score at will vs this team though and that so many new pieces wouldn't play this cohesively for the Rockets.

Absolutely wrong both ways.

I figured they could guard these g leaguers but they are making them look like all stars and wood like wilt

Kawhi got ‘Nate Robinson’ed’ by Ibaka.

My Knicks are forever cursed. 1 game in and both draft picks are injured and missing games. Oh, and we still don’t have a point guard who can make a shot. It’s so bad we might have to start g leaguer jared Harper, at least he can shoot. Wtf happened to Dennis smith jr? Dude was good his rookie year w Dallas and even racked up a triple double against us the night before we traded for him. He was solid the balance of that year but last year and so far it’s like he’s forgotten how to play basketball??

I didn’t watch the game and it’s only one game, but mannnnnnnn. Max contract PG ain’t worth a fuck.
PG was superb the first two games.

Apparently all the Clips did Xmas on Saturday...that's why they were sluggish (understatement) today.

My Knicks are forever cursed. 1 game in and both draft picks are injured and missing games. Oh, and we still don’t have a point guard who can make a shot. It’s so bad we might have to start g leaguer jared Harper, at least he can shoot. Wtf happened to Dennis smith jr? Dude was good his rookie year w Dallas and even racked up a triple double against us the night before we traded for him. He was solid the balance of that year but last year and so far it’s like he’s forgotten how to play basketball??
I watched last night 1H and was wondering about Smith too. So odd.

Nice win tonight.

Back