One of the tougher schedules you will see......

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
[TABLE="class: data, width: 660"]
<tbody>[TR="class: datarow"]
[TD]09/04/15 Fri[/TD]
[TD]Colorado[/TD]
[TD]09/20/14 L 12-21[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]Week 1[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]L 8.5[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]U 58[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: datarow"]
[TD]09/12/15 Sat[/TD]
[TD]@ Ohio State[/TD]
[TD="class: smtext, colspan: 4"]No previous meeting[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]09/19/15 Sat[/TD]
[TD]UC - Davis[/TD]
[TD]09/24/11 W 56-14[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]Week 3[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]W -25.5[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]O 58[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]09/26/15 Sat[/TD]
[TD]@ Wisconsin[/TD]
[TD]12/05/09 L 10-51[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]Week 4[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]L 11.5[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]O 59.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]10/03/15 Sat[/TD]
[TD]@ Boise State[/TD]
[TD]11/10/12 L 14-49[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]Week 5[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]L 28[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]O 52.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]10/10/15 Sat[/TD]
[TD]San Diego State[/TD]
[TD]10/18/14 L 10-20[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]Week 6[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]P 10[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]U 49[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]10/17/15 Sat[/TD]
[TD]@ New Mexico[/TD]
[TD]10/13/12 L 23-35[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]Week 7[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]L 2[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]O 51[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]10/24/15 Sat[/TD]
[TD]@ Nevada[/TD]
[TD]10/25/14 L 18-26[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]Week 8[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]L 3[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]U 54[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]10/31/15 Sat[/TD]
[TD]Air Force[/TD]
[TD]11/16/12 L 7-21[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]Week 9[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]W 22.5[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]U 58.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]11/07/15 Sat[/TD]
[TD]@ UNLV[/TD]
[TD]11/22/14 W 37-35[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]Week 10[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]L -10.5[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]O 56[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]11/14/15 Sat[/TD]
[TD]Fresno State[/TD]
[TD]11/29/14 L 21-28[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]Week 11[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]W 9.5[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]U 60.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]11/21/15 Sat[/TD]
[TD]San Jose State[/TD]
[TD]11/15/14 W 13-0[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]Week 12[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]W 10[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]U 53.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]11/28/15 Sat[/TD]
[TD]UL Monroe[/TD]
[TD]11/22/97 L 20-23[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]Week 13[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]L -6.5[/TD]
[TD="class: datacell"]U 53.5[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
No BYES.

Travel 4,000 miles from Hawaii to Ohio. 4,000 back, 4,000 back to Wisconsin, 2,500 thousand (not including long ass bus rides) to Boise.....etc.......

Combine with a BOTTOM 10 Recruiting Class the last three years......

Hawaii could be looking at 1-12......

:rofl:

I knew it wasn't going to be Ohio State's schedule. Unless the MAC's made some strides.

1-12 would be brutal but I suppose it is possible if everything falls the wrong way. Lots of travel, questionable depth and the injuries that could accompany them in their payday games in Columbus and Madison.

That said, Hawaii has an improved roster; I could actually see them being competitive in all their home games (inc Coly and SDSU, they gave UW all the could handle in week 1 last year) provided they are reasonably healthy. Fair amount of good players in their back 7 and they have Wittek at QB in their new passing based offense (see FCS Idaho St from last year). Definitely need both their lines to pan out as that is where they are weakest on paper, but I would be shocked if this roster went 1-12. If they do, I would say it would be because of injuries early and often.

Thirteen straight games...yikes.

all of those home games look winnable to me. i'd be surprised if they didn't win at least 3.

I don't think they beat an improved Colorado, but would agree there are some winnable games there. I do like Chow. Not sure he belongs as a HC, but I'm a fan of his, always have been.

Thanks for the post. I already circled September 26th. There will be a play of some sort there.

A provocative post...the conspiracy theorist in me (which basically doesn't exist) says the originator of this post knows that.

Assuming Hawaii is not beat up .. how small and slow is UNM gonna look after having already seen tosu, wiscy, boise and sdsu? game will slow down for rainbows (hehe) big time.

After looking at that schedule I do not believe that New Mexico is a winnable game for Hawaii. Wrong spot.

Assuming Hawaii is not beat up .. how small and slow is UNM gonna look after having already seen tosu, wiscy, boise and sdsu? game will slow down for rainbows (hehe) big time.

My point is, is that your statement implies that UNM is Hawaii's most winnable road game when we both know that it isn't.

This thread is OK, but I'm just going to wait for "a play".

My point is, is that your statement implies that UNM is Hawaii's most winnable road game when we both know that it isn't.

This man is now calling plays. God help them.

5489488a7052d.image.jpg

Just my predictions and thoughts:

- Hated Chow day he was announced as HC and predicted UH would enter the Dark Ages.

- He has not disappointed my dire predictions; besides the record, massive coaching turmoil behind the scenes (see loss of OC right before season started last year), consistent bottom recruiting class in the Nation (see Phil Steele, or any publication), and implementation of an archaic offense.

- To his defense, he has had no administrative support or budget. That does circle back to him however, as attendance at our pretty nice 50,000 seat stadium has hit record lows. We have high school games in Hawaii drawing more than UH.

- Hawaii actually had a decent defense last year, led by a pretty good defensive line. Teams consistently did not run up the middle (threw all over us though). All of those linemen are gone.

- USC Qb Wittek will probably be an improvement. However, who the hell is blocking for him? No one.

- Attrition - injuries and fatigue, especially with the opening six weeks is gonna wear an already thin depth chart for UH.

Colorado - LOSS
Colorado should be much improved.

Ohio State - LOSS

UC Davis - WIN
Pretty sure UH can handle a poor FCS Team at home.

Wisconsin - LOSS

Boise State - LOSS

SDSU - LOSS

New Mexico - LOSS
Hawaii has never fared well at altitude. Not even sure they have ever won in any sport (bball, football) at New Mexico. Just how healthy can UH be after getting manhandled in four of the previous five weeks?

Nevada - LOSS
No one expects to win in Reno, especially with ex UH QB Rolo running the show for Nevada. Hawaii fans can't wait for him to return and become our head coach. Might be a good spread opportunity for UH, as the line will be huge, and UH usually does better on the SECOND game of road trips when they don't come back home. UH tends to play up to Nevada.

Air Force - LOSS
UH has been on the road for four of the previous five weeks and now comes home. Chance to bang their girlfriends and study for mid terms, and get their personal stuff together......right before they head back on the road.....horrible spot.

UNLV - WIN
Only because I think UNLV will be terrible.

Fresno State - LOSS

San Jose State - LOSS .

ULM - WIN
Vacation game for ULM.

3-10

Four wins would be surprising.

Five wins, I will start donating to UH boosters again.

But, I still think one or two wins is more likely than four or more.

Good post HG, appreciate your knowledge of Hawaii and the MWC in general. I still think the Warriors will grab at least one of those MWC home games.

UH usually gets a lot od fan support in LV..... a lot of hawaiians move here for some reason. Usually a fight in the stands too. Doubt Hawaii wins that game fwiw.

UH usually gets a lot od fan support in LV..... a lot of hawaiians move here for some reason. Usually a fight in the stands too. Doubt Hawaii wins that game fwiw.
agree VK, easiest of the three predicted Wins to be a loss....

thanks horses....maybe UH will snag one of those MWC home games...they usually do

This man is on a one-game winning streak as a Head Coach; clearly starting to feel his oats.

it seemed like nebraska won, b/c they should have, but they didn't. We needed two yards with two plays to get them against a dead tired defense who we were running all over. this moron and the other moron calling plays did not give the ball to our All-American RB on either play.

Good post HG, appreciate your knowledge of Hawaii and the MWC in general. I still think the Warriors will grab at least one of those MWC home games.

agree with this. they can beat san jose, who they beat last year. they could beat fresno or air force possibly or even san diego st, who they played well against last year

Back