Ole Miss

Neal McCready (Ole Miss beat writer) was on the radio this morning talking about as of right now, it appears that Ole Miss is going to stand with Hugh Freeze as they contest some of the allegations. I still don't see how he keeps his job. Also seems that Ole Miss is alleging that they have recordings of a recruit's mother asking for money and detailing what they got from other programs. Could get interesting.

Damnit, you were supposed to get all upset and rant / rave! :-)

I may have mentioned it before, but a few years ago, there were Auburn fans who followed Trent Richardson's mom around town taking pictures of what she drove and where she lived, and then sent those pictures to the NCAA. Somehow nothing came of it

I don't get bent out of shape with players driving "nice" cars. I used to work in a Medicaid office. Every day there were people on government handouts driving late model luxury cars. If someone wants a nice car, they can get it. I imagine that checking cars of players is one of the first things a school's compliance office does and is probably the easiest to trace

A kid took 13k and still didn't go there. Love that

But where did he go and how much did they pay him?

Leo Lewis - LB at Miss St. Who knows how much they gave him - remember, they offered $180k for Cam Newton so they aint afraid to pony up.

My only commentary right now is that the Egg Bowl is my fav football rivalry and this year is gonna be absolutely insane. I may go.

A kid took 13k and still didn't go there. Love that

But where did he go and how much did they pay him?

If you're wondering - A, B and C are Leo Lewis Miss St LB, Kobe Jones Miss St DE and perennial sweepstakes winner, Auburn OL Austin Golson

Neal McCready (Ole Miss beat writer) was on the radio this morning talking about as of right now, it appears that Ole Miss is going to stand with Hugh Freeze as they contest some of the allegations. I still don't see how he keeps his job. Also seems that Ole Miss is alleging that they have recordings of a recruit's mother asking for money and detailing what they got from other programs. Could get interesting.

Yes, that would be interesting.

My only commentary right now is that the Egg Bowl is my fav football rivalry and this year is gonna be absolutely insane. I may go.

I'm with you. My introduction to it was 1992, which featured the most epic goal-line stand I can recall. And 1983 -- that may be the most amazing ending to any football game ever.

The recording is of Lewis' mom...allegedly. Apparently, she says that LSU and State have offered $X, and Ole Miss would need to match that in order to sign Leo. For SEC fans this immunity thing is Pandora's Box. This shit doesn't happen under Slive's watch.

The recording is of Lewis' mom...allegedly. Apparently, she says that LSU and State have offered $X, and Ole Miss would need to match that in order to sign Leo. For SEC fans this immunity thing is Pandora's Box. This shit doesn't happen under Slive's watch.
100%

Slive would NEVER allow this

Twinkie is this y'all or State?

In his first two interviews, the enforcement staff did not ask [Student-Athlete 39] any questionsinconsistent with the narrative of University misconduct, even after University requests to explore alternativetheories and sources (comments from [Student-Athlete 39] and his counsel made clear that [Student-Athlete39] had similar violations unrelated to the University). In response to that question in his third interview,[Student-Athlete 39] admitted his receipt of an identical $10,000 payment at about the same time fromanother institution

Now, that I would like to hear.

Couldn't happen to a better guy.

More family time.

More time for golf outings.

More time to get out fishing.

“I’ve got no idea, to be honest,” Freeze said. “I was in an 813 area code and that was a 313 number, I think that might have been a misdial. I don’t think there was even a conversation. There’s nothing to it.”

Detroit dirty baby

He's gonna make a shit ton on the speaking circuit at the Southern megachurches in a few years talking about how Satan tested and tempted him

I made a veiled reference to it in the SEC thread. The rumor has been making the rounds in Oxford for a week or so. Schrute is right. Hugh Freeze is going to be a fucking star on the Christian speaking circuit.....or the next Head Coach at Tennessee.

Back