Ole Miss vs Vandy

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
If anyone is on Vandy tell me why please. I have heard enough from Piss backers, and I may be one myself....

I want to hear a Vandy case or 2 if there are any out there:confused2:

Ole Miss was 7-6 last year while Vandy went 9-4. Vandy only allowed 18.7 ppg while ole miss gave up 27.6. Vandy won in Oxford last year 27-26.

Ole Miss was 7-6 last year while Vandy went 9-4. Vandy only allowed 18.7 ppg while ole miss gave up 27.6. Vandy won in Oxford last year 27-26.
Thank you for posting but that won't do it...for me anyway

Who returns what, and who has what coming in?

I think last years south Carolina game is cause for concern. Vandy gave them all they wanted and I think a good many of us were on Scary in that game. Franklin is generally not to be F'ed with. There is, however, one major problem .. and I do mean major ... and it is taking snaps for the Dores.

I think last years south Carolina game is cause for concern. Vandy gave them all they wanted and I think a good many of us were on Scary in that game. Franklin is generally not to be F'ed with. There is, however, one major problem .. and I do mean major ... and it is taking snaps for the Dores.

Yup, I realize Vandy's D is stout, but, I expect mistakes from the young man under center...

My concerns in no particular order:
1.* Bo Wallace’s arm.* His shoulder is structurally sound after off season surgery, but he struggled with arm soreness all summer after not being able to throw in the Spring.* I think he’s worked the arm back in to shape, but we won’t know that until he throws the ball against Vandy.
2.* Ole Miss’ corners.* Ole Miss’ starting CBs have been dealing with injuries since Spring practice.* Charles Sawyer went through Summer practice and Fall camp with no contact due to a shoulder injury.* Senquez Golson (the guy who Trent Richardson made famous) has a hamstring injury and hasn’t gone full speed to my knowledge since Spring practice.** The 2nd string CBs are a senior JUCO transfer who is playing out of position and a sophomore.* Obviously, Boyd’s suspension and Vandy’s QB make Ole Miss’ CBs’ jobs easier, but we’ll be rolling out guys who are either injured, inexperienced, or playing out of position.
3.* Lack short yardage RB.* Ole Miss was a physical RB away from beating A&M and Vandy last year.* Ole Miss kicked 4 FGs in Vandy territory last season due in large part to the offense stalling as the field shortened.* There are some young guys on the roster who will be monsters in the future, but Ole Miss needs one to step up now.* I. Mathers is the most likely candidate to fill the void, but he turned an ankle two weeks ago and has been in a walking boot.* If Mathers can’t go, the next man in line will be a true freshman:* either Mark Dodson or Jordan Wilkins.
4.* WR experience.* Ole Miss lost Junior Vincent Sanders to a broken collarbone on the first day of practice.* Sanders’ emergence last season allowed D. Moncrief to break out.* He’ll be back in three weeks, but in the mean time, his snaps will go to L. Treadwell or Q. Adeboyejo.* Both are going to be NFL WRs, but both are true freshmen playing in their first SEC game…on the road…in primetime.* Behind them are sophomores Cody Core and Collins Moore.* Again, both very talented players, but they’re sophomores.
5.* No TE.* Freshman Christian Morgan enrolled early and was expected to start from Day 1, but he tore his MCL in Spring Practice.* The next guy in line was slated to be A. Jackson, another true freshman, but Jackson failed to qualify.* That leaves freshman, E. Ingram, a 220 lb. flex TE, and a bunch of walk-ons and also rans.* Ingram is going to be a tough matchup in the passing game, but he’ll struggle with run blocking until he gets more lead in his ass.* Morgan started running again last week, but I’m not sure how effective he can be even if the knee has healed.

This game is tough to get a pulse on. Ole Miss returns almost everyone, Vandy loses QB and RB, plus has off-field issues all summer, yet Ole Miss is only laying a FG. Given their schedule, this game is huge for Ole Miss if they want to play in a bowl not located in Shreveport or Birmingham. Fishy line and the fact it's holding steady despite what I assume is heavy action on the Rebs will likely keep me off this game. The under is certainly worth a look

Back