OKLAHOMA vs WEST VIRGINS LETS TALK

Lot's of good reading in this thread...

'Horn: Not sure where you saw that Malcolm Kelly isn't playing, but I am quite sure that he is. Their biggest loss for this game is DT Granger, for shoplifting of all things.

CMoney: This game may remind you of the Sugar Bowl game v UGA two years ago on the surface, but if you look into the angles of this game, it really shouldn't. Two yrs ago, Slaton and White were not household college football names and that Mountaineer team was able to sneak up on people with the speed of their version of the spread option. Additionally, they had a focused coach and the motivation of being in a BCS game against an allegedly superior foe in UGA. Two years later, Slaton and White are both still here and very well known; there is an immense amount of game tape for the OU staff to look over that the UGA staff wasn't privy to, two years ago. Additionally, you have an interim head coach that likely won't be there next year (see Ga Tech and Arkansas this bowl season) vice having RRod two years ago. And finally, this game is on grass whereas the Sugar Bowl two years ago was on the carpet which the Mountaineers favor. There are a TON of differences from two years ago.

Oklahoma -7 is what I am on. Good luck.

Lot's of good reading in this thread...

'Horn: Not sure where you saw that Malcolm Kelly isn't playing, but I am quite sure that he is. Their biggest loss for this game is DT Granger, for shoplifting of all things.

CMoney: This game may remind you of the Sugar Bowl game v UGA two years ago on the surface, but if you look into the angles of this game, it really shouldn't. Two yrs ago, Slaton and White were not household college football names and that Mountaineer team was able to sneak up on people with the speed of their version of the spread option. Additionally, they had a focused coach and the motivation of being in a BCS game against an allegedly superior foe in UGA. Two years later, Slaton and White are both still here and very well known; there is an immense amount of game tape for the OU staff to look over that the UGA staff wasn't privy to, two years ago. Additionally, you have an interim head coach that likely won't be there next year (see Ga Tech and Arkansas this bowl season) vice having RRod two years ago. And finally, this game is on grass whereas the Sugar Bowl two years ago was on the carpet which the Mountaineers favor. There are a TON of differences from two years ago.

Oklahoma -7 is what I am on. Good luck.

i totally agree. the only thing that worries me is that usually when i post on here i get my ass handed to me at game time.
:hang:

Put me in the WVU camp. To compare this matchup to the matchups in the Rose & Sugar is laughable. Also, its true Oklahomas run D looks great on paper, but they haven't played anything close to what WVU brings to the table offensively.

Put me in the WVU camp. To compare this matchup to the matchups in the Rose & Sugar is laughable. Also, its true Oklahomas run D looks great on paper, but they haven't played anything close to what WVU brings to the table offensively.

Missouri? Twice. More of a dynamic offense that played better competition than West Virginia did.

Missouri? Twice. More of a dynamic offense that played better competition than West Virginia did.

U think the Mizzu offense is similar to WVU's? Thats interesting, I don't see the comparison. Good team but a much different offensive look imo.

U think the Mizzu offense is similar to WVU's? Thats interesting, I don't see the comparison. Good team but a much different offensive look imo.

I didn't say it was similar, I said it was more dynamic (and therefore better).<!-- / message -->

yeah I think just had a case of LNFAD-
Late Night Favorite Anxiety Disorder

Oklahoma is a BCS school and I forgot about WHITE, he has a bad thumb, and he will not take hits and play much like BRENNAN was unwilling to stand in the pocket and just threw the ball, they will hit WHITE and SLATON who will disappear. OKlahoma wants this one more for sure. Pat White and SLATON are flakes they are not leaders who will rally a team, they basically cream bad teams and run the score up, if a team shows up physically they lose its as simple as that, look at PITTS.

The biggest reason why we know this is good is because WHITE, SLATON, and these guys are weak mentally, they lost to South Florida and then in the biggest game of the history of WVU they come out flat and lose
WHY- THese guys are both soft and not prime time players, if they are faster they win, if they are not they lose- WHITE is perfectly content with losing, SO is SLATON and so is the rest of the WVU team. They are okay with losing. How can i make a comment like that?

IF they were not okay with losing, they would not lose to a PITT team at home in their biggest game in history. This shows me that they are not emotionally mature to win and battle and fight, and gut it out for the WIN. They will win if they get up early and things go their way. IF things do not go their way they QUIT as simple as that.

Having said that if they played in the SEC they would lose surely because they would not be able to blow teams out. They are a one track team that can only win a game where they score at will. Once the other team fights they just give up.

Disagree about PW being a flake, he is a leader and he is tough as shit. The dude is not that big a guy and he takes his shots because Ricky Rod is so predictable and stubborn in his playcalling sometimes. His team respects him and what he can do, they will rally around him tonight.

I do think Slaton is overrated tho. He has done nothing this season to improve his NFL stock. He thinks he has already made it, he doesnt have the desire or hunger for the game that PW has.

The only comparable option attack Oklahoma faced this season was Texas A&M's, which shares many of the same principles except it spends far less time working out of the shotgun. The Sooners held the Aggies' typically potent rushing attack to just 128 yards (83.6 yards below its regular-season average) in a decisive 42-14 victory. West Virginia admittedly has better weapons and a more complex scheme. Nonetheless, the Sooners are well-equipped -- in personnel and scheme -- to keep WVU's read-option attack comparatively in check.

The Sooners are well-versed when it comes to gap discipline in defending the option. It is something coordinator Brent Venables and Stoops make a priority each season. The interesting twist in Oklahoma's approach to defending the option is the extra defender it employs on the front side. Most defenses use three defenders against the triple option -- lead (fullback), keeper (quarterback) and pitch (tailback). Oklahoma takes a more aggressive approach by employing four defenders versus the three offensive options. In doing so, the Sooners suffer far fewer front-side breakdowns. The downside to Oklahoma's aggressive approach is that the backside of the defense can be more vulnerable to a cutback run. But from what we've seen in limited views this season, the Sooners do a very good job of maintaining discipline in backside lanes to avoid such a crisis.

Oklahoma's offensive line will own a massive size advantage in this game. The unit, which averages 323 pounds, will overwhelm West Virginia's smallish defensive front at the point of attack. The more time the Mountaineers' defense is on the field, the more opportunities the Sooners' offensive linemen will have to wear them down. And that's when the two-headed monster of RBs Allen Patrick and Chris Brown will take over. Patrick and Brown are excellent inside runners with the power and straight-line burst to keep the chains moving. Neither is overly elusive in the open field, but rotating out of the game will give Patrick and Brown the fresh legs necessary to wear down West Virginia's undersized linebacker tandem of Reed Williams and Mortty Ivy come the fourth quarter.

WVU's defense is a sieve and once they get down big to Okie they are going to be forced to pass and abandon the run, similar to what Ill had to do yesterday in playing USC....

Maybe WVU plays an inspired game going with the "us against the world" mentality but imo OU should have been playing USC in the national championship game and I think OU will come out with a mindset to destroy WVU.

I received info that West Virginia had a shitty week of practice also, and their O is going to struggle bigtime without RODRICO. Does anyone know if he was the O coordinator? Information I received was that their O coordinator was out for this game. It makes sense if RODRICO was calling the plays..

The US against the world and ANGER factor is no factor here at all, it is a factor if they are playing an overconfident team in this game. Oklahoma is the Angry team who is playing with revenge on its minds. They are not overlooking WVU.

WVU wins this game easily if they were playing Florida Gators, there is a team that would show up uninspired and flat.

Also interm coaches really affected teams offensively, look at Arkansas 3 points yesterday, the change will effect WVU, RODRICO brought this offense in, Oklahoma will stop them and then they will have to make changes and I don't trust the special teams coach to be able to coach in a big game like this.

Michigan won because CARR stayed and the players won it for them, Michigan was fired up, WVU would not have played for RODRICO because he lied to them and left like a coward. Now he left the players are going to be dissapointed, and will feel let down and sad. RODRICO recruited these players , so they are all angry, and will not have any confidence in this new coach.

The only comparable option attack Oklahoma faced this season was Texas A&M's, which shares many of the same principles except it spends far less time working out of the shotgun. The Sooners held the Aggies' typically potent rushing attack to just 128 yards (83.6 yards below its regular-season average) in a decisive 42-14 victory. West Virginia admittedly has better weapons and a more complex scheme. Nonetheless, the Sooners are well-equipped -- in personnel and scheme -- to keep WVU's read-option attack comparatively in check.

The Sooners are well-versed when it comes to gap discipline in defending the option. It is something coordinator Brent Venables and Stoops make a priority each season. The interesting twist in Oklahoma's approach to defending the option is the extra defender it employs on the front side. Most defenses use three defenders against the triple option -- lead (fullback), keeper (quarterback) and pitch (tailback). Oklahoma takes a more aggressive approach by employing four defenders versus the three offensive options. In doing so, the Sooners suffer far fewer front-side breakdowns. The downside to Oklahoma's aggressive approach is that the backside of the defense can be more vulnerable to a cutback run. But from what we've seen in limited views this season, the Sooners do a very good job of maintaining discipline in backside lanes to avoid such a crisis.

Oklahoma's offensive line will own a massive size advantage in this game. The unit, which averages 323 pounds, will overwhelm West Virginia's smallish defensive front at the point of attack. The more time the Mountaineers' defense is on the field, the more opportunities the Sooners' offensive linemen will have to wear them down. And that's when the two-headed monster of RBs Allen Patrick and Chris Brown will take over. Patrick and Brown are excellent inside runners with the power and straight-line burst to keep the chains moving. Neither is overly elusive in the open field, but rotating out of the game will give Patrick and Brown the fresh legs necessary to wear down West Virginia's undersized linebacker tandem of Reed Williams and Mortty Ivy come the fourth quarter.

Boy Sammy, you might be right and oklahoma rolls tonight because they are playing great football and they will definitely be motivated after last year. But, comparing WVUs spread o to Texas AM?!?!?! I must be out of my mind but Tex AM is a joke compared to WVU. Just because they run the same "style of offense" does not mean they gave OU anything close to the look of what WVU brings to the table. The talent level discrepencie between A&M and WVU is a joke.

Also, my understanding is that the play calling was a team effort by the WVU coaching staff. I believe the interim HC stated that nothing would change tonight compared to all season.

I think the X factor tonight is how is WVU gonna respond? I okla has some early suuccess are they going to hang their heads and sulk or are they truly ready to show some heart. If they sulk even for a second they are done, okla will boat race them for about 4 tds and never look back, but if WVU truely wants to be there and play, look for an exciting, tight game.

Who the fuck knows, 34-28 Boomer Sooner.

I didn't write that, that was some info from scouts inc. True but in formation it does help them get ready.

WHITE and SLATON are not fast, they caught GEORGIA asleep 2 years ago, they are not that fast, they are not tough, everyone will see tonight, I heard the exact same things about Brennan, and Juice and Texas Tech, its all perceived great players when in reality all the above are average teams and players. Throw WVU in this mix. DEFENSE wins big games, and Oklahoma will show it tonight. Besides their O is a tough matchup for WVU tonight. No one talks about Bradford because he does not run a 2.4 second 40 and is not on the highlights every week, and he looks like 14 year old Geek. No one cares about the power running game of Oklahoma. Oh this is sounding like a repeat of Hawaii, not in score, but in terms of reasoning for taking a Public Fun and Gun Perceived High Scoring team.

CLEMSON
TEXAS TECH
BOISE STATE
HAWAII
NAVY
NEVADA
KENTUCKY
FLORIDA

What do these teams all have in common, all high scoring fun and gun throw the ball all over the field and have fun with the football! You want to know the funniest thing is NONE OF THOSE TEAMS COVERED THE SPREAD

WHY-DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE: Why is it that all the awesome teams above have fallen flat on their face. The only good 2 high scoring teams to cover a bowl game were OKLAHOMA state and MIZZOU. However Mizzou was going against Interm COACH, and Indiana sucks.

YOu can add WVU to the list above, fast, sleek, all offfense, I already know that anyone who bets WVU has flashbacks of Pat White running 70 yard Td's and SLATON taking it to the house with his 1.9 40 speed. This is a joke, where was BOISE' O, CLEMSON, FLorida, Tebow was garbage in 2nd half, Where was TEX TECH? Kentucky? WHERE was HAWAII??

WVU backers will be asking themselves where the hell was WHITE, what happened to SLATON, he is not fast anymore.

Devine, Reyaud, Schmidt can more than pick up the slack if need to.

I never base a pick on a particular player or players but when a good, solid team is getting 7.5 that's too much...especially for a team that was 1 win away from the title game and has had this same core for three years and won at a 90% clip.

I can't disagree with that strategy HUNT it sounds pretty solid to me.

I think if this was a regular season game or RODRICO did not leave I would be on WVU also. Time will tell I guess

ALso HUNT I have -6.5 -125, so a 7 point win and we are both happy. I acted quick and got this nice line, a -6.5 and -7.5 are two different things totally. I have a nice line, I could even go for a solid middle here if I wanted to at this point.

Also watching WVU play on D, i thought they were pretty good. BUt I don't think teams like CINCY are good, I think most big east SOuth FLorida and Cincy they looked like absolute shit in their bowl games on O anyways, so it may be misleading. OKLAHOMA has the good O that just runs downhill, we will see if WVU can handle such a team.

Devine, Reyaud, Schmidt can more than pick up the slack if need to.

I never base a pick on a particular player or players but when a good, solid team is getting 7.5 that's too much...especially for a team that was 1 win away from the title game and has had this same core for three years and won at a 90% clip.

yep. might not happen tonight, but u bet the dog in these situations and u will win more than you lose over the long hall

that is a helluva line u got sammy at 6.5...especially where it is now.

love debating the game with you and the other guys...great thread.

Hunt you make good points but there in lies my issue with WVU they were 1 win away @ home no less against their rival against a team coached by Wannstedt, how the hell do they not win that game. If they came out flat in that one my thinking is they come out flat tonight against a much better team with a chip on their shoulder. I am leaning towards okie but do not like that everybody seems to be on them one way or another I am excited for the game.<!-- / message -->

I can't disagree with that strategy HUNT it sounds pretty solid to me.

I think if this was a regular season game or RODRICO did not leave I would be on WVU also. Time will tell I guess

ALso HUNT I have -6.5 -125, so a 7 point win and we are both happy. I acted quick and got this nice line, a -6.5 and -7.5 are two different things totally. I have a nice line, I could even go for a solid middle here if I wanted to at this point.

Also watching WVU play on D, i thought they were pretty good. BUt I don't think teams like CINCY are good, I think most big east SOuth FLorida and Cincy they looked like absolute shit in their bowl games on O anyways, so it may be misleading. OKLAHOMA has the good O that just runs downhill, we will see if WVU can handle such a team.

If RR wasn't leaving now way this team would be catching 8.5, more like 4 or 4.5

Line was -7 -113 at PINNY, and I bought it down to -6.5 for -125, that book is awesome for JUICE, I went to the Greek and found that I was losing like a few hundred a week on JUICE, most lines on pINNY are -105, many times plus money or even, rarely -110 lines.

I do feel good though at -6.5 it gives me a huge edge in case of a 7 point 35-28 type game, and the win instead of a loss.

deuce..anything can happen in a rivalry..hell UCLA beat USC last year, USC couldn't close the deal to go to the MNC..I mean everybody has a bad game, I'm just banking on WVU to come back strong for this game.

THe only thing that worries me, and sammie has harped on, and he is right....is the coaching change...it is a huge blow. I'm jsut hoping that they have had enough time to accept it and move on.

Line was -7 -113 at PINNY, and I bought it down to -6.5 for -125, that book is awesome for JUICE, I went to the Greek and found that I was losing like a few hundred a week on JUICE, most lines on pINNY are -105, many times plus money or even, rarely -110 lines.

I do feel good though at -6.5 it gives me a huge edge in case of a 7 point 35-28 type game, and the win instead of a loss.

Sammy how are you able to have a pinny account? you live out of state?

True Hunt about the rivalry games anything can happen but with that much on the line going against Dave Wannstedt and they only score 9 pts was eye opening to me. Your right though its why they play the games.

I do think the coaching change is the biggest factor next to the defense disparity.

If RR wasn't leaving now way this team would be catching 8.5, more like 4 or 4.5

Yeah true WVU is more dangerous with RODRICO for sure and would be more focussed if he was coaching. THe thing is though he is not coaching, and I think he was like a military style of coach, yelled, screamed, gave Pat White shit because it is the only way you have to micro manage a player like WHITE otherwise he will start playing playground football. IE the 2 late fumbles vs CINCY? Where is his brain, protect the ball, he is not smart.

The big east no offense does not have any teams like Oklahoma. Cincy, Syracuse, Rutgers, Louisville, south FLorida, Uconn, look at their bowl successes? ALSO teams in big east are all the same , average average, every team does something well, but no team can do everything well. SOuth FLorida can run with GROTHE, Louisville can pass, CIncy can pass, Rutgers can run, so they are easy to stop, don't believe me, look at OREGON shut down South Florida no probs, and Souther Miss shut down CINCY passing attack, UCONN wow they were blanked bigtime by Wake Forest,

BIg east is misleading becasue in reality when they play each other, they look better, look at what happens when they play teams outside their conference? Miami got whipped by Oklahoma, South Florida vs Oregon.

A methodical big strong physical run and pass team will crush any big east team.

Yeah I live in Canada, so we are allowed to have accounts there.

You guys should just get someone from canada to open the account, and then get them to cash the cheques and give them a free gift once in a while.

THeir Juice makes a huge huge difference when betting.

Shit, Boise is in the WAC and won SU last year against a much bigger, faster, physical Oklahoma team with a senior QB and AD at rb.

Yeah I live in Canada, so we are allowed to have accounts there.

You guys should just get someone from canada to open the account, and then get them to cash the cheques and give them a free gift once in a while.

THeir Juice makes a huge huge difference when betting.

You got that right.

I am sure there is a way where you can use a P.O. Box or a Canadian address with your name. I am not sure if they ask for ID to be faxed to them, if not it is easy- they are not too bright, they just don't want it sent to the states, if the cheque is going to Canada they couldn't care less who its going to, as long as the funds clear in their bank.

I know people in Canada who have multiple and 3 accounts at Pinny, doing that get a few friends to join, and all they do is cash cheques for a few beers.

ANd Pinny has no customer service phone lines, so they will not call you, which is perfect right? THey don't care.

I don't know what it is at PINNY, but it seems like I never get moosed their either! IT is nice laying 404 to win 400, and so on. And if I pay juice like example 250 to win 200 tonight, I am getting Oklahoma at a free half point at -6.5.

Not to mention there cheques arrive 3 days after you ask for them, super fast.

Last edited:
I used to have a LOCAL, and used a friend for a second account. IT was hilarious because everytime they would call him, he would get really nervous on the phone, they would say HEY, YOU GOT MY MONEY! He would start shaking and say uhuh yeah. Even funnier when they would call him for clarification on a bet, he would have no idea what they are talking about at all. He would agree with everything, whatever they would say he would use a standard line " That sounds good to me I don't want any problems" Then the bookie asked me, HEY What's wrong with your buddy, is he retarded, he doesen't know shit about nothing, I asked him about the Juice on a game, and he said he is not thirsty, what kind of idiots are you sending me.

:36_11_6: sammy you've got me rolling in laughter down here in TX.

as for the game, Big factors that I see in this one....

TIME ~ The time that Bob "I don't care that we're
leading by 32, Keep Scoring!" Stoops has had to prepare
must be pretty damn scarey compared to having a new guy
at the helm who has not earned a lick of respect.

SIZE MATTERS ~ In football, you bet your jingle bells
that size matters and tonight there is a definite difference.

DEFENSE ~ The lack of D on the WV team versus a
a team of OU's ability will show early, but more importantly,
it will show in the 4th quarter.

I like the play on OU all the way up to 12 points.

On whatever you do.....Good Luck

I dont think anyone has mentioned making a play on the OU team total over 35. That seems like a solid play to me.

Split bet between ou -7 and ou team total over 35 for me.

Yep PCB, agree fully and put in Okl team total over 35 at +116 about an hour ago ......not sure what Pinny is smoking to put the juice on the under like that.

Now while I don't have a local anymore and happy about that - betting on credit has its advantages like the opportunity to unload on GSP this past weekend and not put up any of the money beforehand, it's also like playing with a loaded weapon when you use it exclusively. The pressure to get UNDER THE CAP each week was crazy and your wager amounts are based not on value of game but what you need to bet in order to get below the cap and not pay. To avoid paying, I would stop betting when I got close to the cap and open up a second account under friend's name and hope to collect there to pay off my other account ...dangerous game my friends. Not to mention my friend's knew nothing about betting, they would try and hang up fast on the phone even when the bookie was calling to try and pay them, and use the line I don't want any problems even when collecting! :hang:

So Im the only one loving this Over dropping.
I'm about to get me a little more.
If my Oklahoma plays dont pan out I dont see how it could go under.

:36_11_6: sammy you've got me rolling in laughter down here in TX.

as for the game, Big factors that I see in this one....

TIME ~ The time that Bob "I don't care that we're
leading by 32, Keep Scoring!" Stoops has had to prepare
must be pretty damn scarey compared to having a new guy
at the helm who has not earned a lick of respect.

SIZE MATTERS ~ In football, you bet your jingle bells
that size matters and tonight there is a definite difference.

DEFENSE ~ The lack of D on the WV team versus a
a team of OU's ability will show early, but more importantly,
it will show in the 4th quarter.

I like the play on OU all the way up to 12 points.

On whatever you do.....Good Luck

Why no D? i think they are something like #17 in the nation in total D

Back