OKLAHOMA vs WEST VIRGINS LETS TALK

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
Anyone ready to nail this bitch!

Off the top of my head West Virginia does not pass the ball well but has a very fast Qb in Pat WHITE runs like a 3.7 second 40 and Steve SLATON runs a 2.9 second 40, they can really score and put the points up.

KEY- I think it could be that BOBBY STOOPS losses have been to teams that can throw the ball on him.

REAL KEY- I think if you give STOOPS 1 month of preparation he can stop a ONE DIMENSIONAL offense, he has lost to throwing teams, Colorado and Tex TEch. I have some faith that he may be able to come up with a gameplan to stop this running attack from West VIRGINS. ALso a look into the numbers is suggesting that WEST VIRGINS either score 40-65 points or in the mid 20's and when they lose 13 and 9 points? This shows me they are not unstoppable.

Not the game the Mountain Kids expected to be in...I don't see the motivation for them in this one. Like the Sooners.

Stoops has that motivation of we'll kick the s**t out of this team and prove that we're the real National Champions as well.

Yes, OU's weakness is pass defense.

Now, PAT has improved immensely this year in passing game but is not the type to do a lot of damage in this game. WVU's mindset is so crucial. I think OU takes the USC,UGA approah and shows they deserve to be talked about as MNC.

Not the game the Mountain Kids expected to be in...I don't see the motivation for them in this one. Like the Sooners.

Gandolf and Joe we have work to do boys. I don't know I thought MIZZOU would also mail it in but made a very fundamental mistake that I knew but could not correct in time because I overslept.

Arkansas this year was terrible and their win over LSU made people think they were good, they were not, they lost to Kentucky, Tennesse, Auburn, and someone else from teh SEC.

MOtivated or not motivated this is still a quality team this is no ARKANSAS. BUt in actuality I don't think they are really that good because they did not beat any really quality teams, the CINCY and the Lousvilles are crap I don't care what anyone says.

STOOPS is a master motivator and should go nuts like RICHT, RICHT was a man possessed and on fire. One thing is though STOOPS has had the propensity to come out flat lately in big games, last year vs BOISE,

Again this game could be a CAREER KILLER for STOOPS, no way he can lose 2 major bowls in fact it was the same bowl last year, he will committ suicide if he loses. I doubt it he has slept at all in the last month, and the WVIRGINS coach is interm? He will pull a JUNE JONES and put the bare minumum in, I would, I would be like fuck it I am not the coach so who cares.

BAr and Spanish Shark are you guys strong on OU? I look at who I am betting against, and in this case West Virgins are pretty good. That is they key here we as a group know how good OKLAHOMA is , we just have to figure out about teh VIRGINS

That's part of it, Sammy, I actually put a some stock into past performances and if you notice some of that paid off today. Michigan was flat out embarrassed last year. What happened this year, Henne played great, Hart did too, and Lloyd goes out a winner.

I think any time you get embarrassed you're more motivated to show up and I think for all the talk about how great Boise's win was last year, Oklahoma never expected that team to be able to compete with them. Great win for BSU, but a bad loss for OU. I think that is a motivation.

My only problem is I have no idea what to expect from the stars for WVU. How much do they put into it?

Oklahoma is missing 3 starters but I dont think that will have too much of an effect on this game. My bigger question is, how much are the West Virginia kids gonna work for their interim coach Bill Stewart. There is talk about Saban coaching there. God I hate that lying bastard after what he pulled on the Fins. Anyways, I think OU will play motivated and a TD is not much to spot right now IMO.

There is talk about Saban coaching there.

Holy f**k that's funny. In a sick, sad way, that is.

I don't think he goes there, though. There are really only a couple of jobs better than the Alabama job and WVU isn't one of 'em. Michigan, back to LSU, Ohio St., USC--maybe FSU if Bowden left. Things like that.

Saban needs to be seen as a God amongst men, he has that in Alabama--so long as he wins. Can't see him jumping to WVU to lose that.

I have the answers right here:

I just checked every Oklahoma game this year and noticed their longest runs were 20 yards on the season. This is good, and most teams moved it on them passing through the air. They did not allow many long runs, in fact most teams long was 10 or 11 yards vs them, even Texas and Colorado.

The Virgins need to break long runs, when they do not they lose, plain and simple as that. I dont think they can break long runs vs Oklahoma, they are not superman again perception throw away their shitty wins vs Maryland, Miss state, CUSE, LewisVille, Cincy, it means nothing they lost to PITTS and SFLORIDA also throw those away.

Oklahoma is a tough team, the Virgins are not great on D, truth is their numbers look great but look at decent teams in LEWISVILLE and CINCY , 31 and 23 points. I think Oklahoma can physically run the ball all over them. AGAIN records mean SQUAT cause if teh VIRGINS were in the BIG 12 they would be not be 10-2 I assure you that.

ALso Mizzzou beat a similar ARK team , this resembles the game tomorrow I think Oklahoma is MIZZOU and the Virgins are Arkansas?

ALl this motivation can only help us, it could lead to a major blowout.

Joe that is what they want you to think W Virgins have no stars, running a 4.4 40 in the big east is nothing in the BIG 12, these Hawaii receivers were super fast in the WAC what about tonight?? THey are not stars, Pat white is not a star, SLATON is fast, but average in other conferences,. trust me.

Oklahoma is top 4 in the country while the Virgins are probably not even top 10 when you think of it

I palyed OU a few weeks ago..has around same relatative strength as USC and UGA...

3 units

If WVU doesn't turn the ball over, they will cover.

I gotta think no one expects these guys to win and when you tell that to 18-22 year old kids, they take it personally. I am big on qb matchups too and I think WVU can give Bradford fits. Oklahoma also seems to struggle a little with the spread i.e. colorado, ttech. they haven't faced a mobile qb like PW all year. I think WVU will take all their frustration out on the field tomorrow...I also think noel devine is the x factor.

I palyed OU a few weeks ago..has around same relatative strength as USC and UGA...

3 units

They are actually ranked #1 in the power rankings. What impresses me more is that they beat a damn good Mizzou team twice. I think they come in here pumped and ready to play. The replacements for the missing starters are supposedly just as good and Stoops have them ready to stop the good West Virginia rushing offense.

I don't know..i jsut see this differently than you guys...I don't fuck with pat white, slaton, devine and reynaud getting 7.5..that's ridiculous imo.

this isn't colt brennan and hawaii or juice williams and illinois...

PW and this team has played together a long time and will not get blown out...since when has this team gotten blown out?

PW and this team has played together a long time and will not get blown out...since when has this team gotten blown out?

I dont think it will be a blow out either but OU should be able to cover 7 IMO. Im hoping 3 field goals....hehe

I gotta think no one expects these guys to win and when you tell that to 18-22 year old kids, they take it personally. I am big on qb matchups too and I think WVU can give Bradford fits. Oklahoma also seems to struggle a little with the spread i.e. colorado, ttech. they haven't faced a mobile qb like PW all year. I think WVU will take all their frustration out on the field tomorrow...I also think noel devine is the x factor.

Hunt spread teams that can throw give Oklahoma trouble, STOOPS was known as one of the better gameplanners in college. He choked last year, but he will learn, this is his career right here. W VIrgins are not that good, true they haven't faced any one like WHITE, but WHITE has not faced any D like Oklahoma, and an OFFENCE like Oklahoma. south Florida and Pittsburgh stopped the Virgins fine.

I don't know..i jsut see this differently than you guys...I don't fuck with pat white, slaton, devine and reynaud getting 7.5..that's ridiculous imo.

this isn't colt brennan and hawaii or juice williams and illinois...

No this is no HAWAII game but Oklahoma is like a good UFC fighter they wear you down and win. I think you will see Oklahoma wins by 10 to 17 points in games they just outwill you.

Stoops will look at film of VIRGINS losses and then plan accordingly. As good as the Virgins may be, even if they get 31, I still think Oklahoma covers. STOOPS will have a plan to give WHite fits,and the coaching change is so BIG because in game changes RODRIGUES was good he made that team. SLATON and DEVINE and WHITE are in trouble, SOONERS need this win for revenge against BOISE. STOOPS last lost 3 BCS bowls in a row, although vs USC, LSU, BOISE< STOOPS will be looking at winning tomorrow, I got -6.5, I think Oklahoma covers this

Hunt you don't fuck with Pat white, slaton? WHy not would you take them vs USC or Georgia at +9? You can fuck with them, South Florida did and so did PITTS, and so will Oklahoma, this team baet MIZZOU twice, Texas, a very good Oklahoma state team, they will beat the VIRGINS, because they want it more than the VIRGINS< the VIRGINS are disappointed for sure i would think

THink logically the change of RODRIGUES helping The virgins is ridiculous, it can only hurt them, I would not be very confident if STOOPS left to Michigan, it will hurt them trust me, it cannot help them he was a dam good coach RODRICO. THis will hurt them players are relaxing cause the new coach is chilled. To beat Oklahoma, you cannot relax, STOOPS will be dishing out backhands and dirty looks to players cause his carreer is on the line here, lose here he may as well go coach in the Sunbelt conference. STOOPS is coaching for his life tomorrow

sammy, i understand passing teams give oklahoma trouble...

I don't think stewart is retarded and he knows this as well...the zone option read will leave wr's open all night....WVU offense just has so many elements and is very difficult to defend...why is the total so high too?

I throw the regular season out the window in bowls, hell i throw common opponents out in bowls..when teams have three weeks to a month to prepare anyhting can happen...and qb play is huge.

there is a difference..i don't fuck with white, slaton and co. getting more than a touchdown...

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, should be a great game.

Yeah GOod luck hunt in this one, but the new coach for the VIRGINS was 8-25 coaching in Division 2, this shows me he is not a good coach, his laid back attitude will not work in a bowl game. Just look at June Jones motiovational speech before the game tonight, hope we show up lol

Good luck though on whatever you play bro,

Yeah seriously I also have -6.5 so asking to win by 7 for a win is not too too much, nothing is for sure, but if a team's coach is pumped up and wants it, that is the difference here. Carrol outcoached ZOOK for sure,

Stoops should outcoach Stewart here, stoops has been in 5 BCS games. RIcht outcoached June Jones, Mike Leach outcoached AL Groh, Mizzou Coach outcoached ARk interm. If RODRICO was there I say the VIRGINS are live Dog , and I would not touch it. They can talk all they want about how they are ready, one team will be more prepared and ready and that will be the Sooners, they are motivated and they are talented, they do not have to overcome a talent disadvantage vs the Virgins, that is the key here in this game. Talent is more on teh Sooners and they are motivated also, that spells a win.

UPDATE: I will monitor the gambling forums, and if I see no one posting a play on West Virginia, I will think hard and long and consider hedging out of my Oklahoma play.

In every play, with the USC, Georgia, the picks have been pretty even with about a 50-50 posts on both sides. For some really strange reason when everyone is on a favorite and no one posts the underdog it just does not win. Technically this would have nothing to do with my selection on Oklahoma, and it should not make it any weaker but I can assure you when everyone is thinking the same and no one is making a case for the other team it is a very bad sign. This is a bad sign because if it was a good thing you would have many more rich gamblers out there. Instead we all know that Vegas is rich, in part due to the fact that they tend to win these games vs the public, IE Kentucky vs FSU.

I think at worst I would decrease my Oklahoma bet, if I see no posts on a West Virginia selection. Perhaps this is the old adage when you count someone out they come to play and burn you. In any game that I have seen a lot of people on it has lost- ie Texas Tech, Kentucky, South Florida.

Bottom line is I find that the blowouts happen when the dog is getting support, and people think they can win just like with Illinois and Hawaii, even though they have no chance at all.

When people are all over the favorite then the blowout does not happen and the favorite usually loses outright?

Am I just paranoid or does this make any sense at all?

Last edited:
I think it's paranoia....u break a game down, u like it, stick with it...just my two cents.

Personally I like oklahoma to win this game straight up without considering motivation at all. West Virginia played against 4 decent rush defenses this year and went 2-2 in those games. Oklahoma is the best rush defense that wvu will have faced this year. While wvu has improved defensively , they simply have not faced a balanced attack with the power of the sooners. This should mean that WVU has to match scores and I dont think they can consistently have those 13 play drives against the sooners that have helped them keep their defense rested. ( reminds me of a post BAR made concerning the oregon defense and how they had been protected by their powerful offense earlier in the year ).

I love pat white and steve slaton in games where they completely outmatch their opponents because they simply light them up and run up the score. But these two fellas dont show up the same way in big games where they get smacked in the mouth. In those type of games they have typically struggled , fumbled and even sat out key possessions with minor dings and bruises. Hate to say it but when the going gets tough ... these two dont really get going. And oklahoma is gonna hit you in the mouth.

Now , factor in that the mountaineer players have said they are very disappointed that rodriguez didnt atleast stay to coach their bowl game and it is hard to find the edge for wvu in this one. Note all the qoutes indicate disappointment and not anger ... they loved this guy. i dont want my money on a disappointed team and if they are disappointed by his leaving , then you know they are even more disappointed by choking away a chance to play for the national title. on the other hand , for oklahomas entire season it has been hearing about the boise st game of last year ... and even more so this week as they return to the scene of the crime ... the fiesta bowl. Also , it has been pointed out over and over again to stoops about his recent failures in bcs games .... this has to be one of the largest motivational edges we have in the bowls this season ........ on paper anyway.

All that said ... not a fan of laying a td against a top 15 team in a big game. I wimped out ( slaton style ) and just teased the game down.

my two cents for what its worth

why not mention that West Virginia not even in the same neighborhood as Oklahoma on defense

the key here is West Virginia will only get a stop every 3rd drive at best while I would hope Oklahoma could average a stop every other drive

Thanks I am back now, haven't been getting any sleep with the late night capping and early start times in the west coast. I am a back on the Sooners, Nice points Vegas K, I think you nailed it nicely, I will leave what I have and may increase now tomorrow.

All you can do is CAP it and TAKE It.

why not mention that West Virginia not even in the same neighborhood as Oklahoma on defense

the key here is West Virginia will only get a stop every 3rd drive at best while I would hope Oklahoma could average a stop every other drive

yeah I think just had a case of LNFAD-
Late Night Favorite Anxiety Disorder

Oklahoma is a BCS school and I forgot about WHITE, he has a bad thumb, and he will not take hits and play much like BRENNAN was unwilling to stand in the pocket and just threw the ball, they will hit WHITE and SLATON who will disappear. OKlahoma wants this one more for sure. Pat White and SLATON are flakes they are not leaders who will rally a team, they basically cream bad teams and run the score up, if a team shows up physically they lose its as simple as that, look at PITTS.

The biggest reason why we know this is good is because WHITE, SLATON, and these guys are weak mentally, they lost to South Florida and then in the biggest game of the history of WVU they come out flat and lose
WHY- THese guys are both soft and not prime time players, if they are faster they win, if they are not they lose- WHITE is perfectly content with losing, SO is SLATON and so is the rest of the WVU team. They are okay with losing. How can i make a comment like that?

IF they were not okay with losing, they would not lose to a PITT team at home in their biggest game in history. This shows me that they are not emotionally mature to win and battle and fight, and gut it out for the WIN. They will win if they get up early and things go their way. IF things do not go their way they QUIT as simple as that.

Having said that if they played in the SEC they would lose surely because they would not be able to blow teams out. They are a one track team that can only win a game where they score at will. Once the other team fights they just give up.

like when they were down by 24 to gtech last year, they gave up?..quit? pitt is a rivalry game, anything can happen...just ask OSU when they lost to Michigan all those years in the 90's.

I see your point that they struggle with physical teams, but to say the players quit and give up..i dunno.

sammy, im gonna be on WVA if that makes you feel better....lol

a few things:

i completely agree with HUNT on this game:

...I don't fuck with pat white, slaton, devine and reynaud getting 7.5..that's ridiculous imo.

I'm reading comparisons of this game to the rose and sugar bowl, and i just don't see it.

WVA knows they can compete with anyone in the country. Its not like they're intimidated by oklahoma.

illinois and hawaii were simply outclassed. i don't see that happening tomorrow. Yes, sh(p)itt happened, but that one game doesn't take away from that fact that WVA has consistently been one of the most impressive teams over the last 3 seasons.

something is wrong when the line for hawaii-uga is about the same as wva-ok. that makes absolutely no sense to me.

also, another factor to consider which im glad is on WVA's side ......... (I haven't researched this) but I have noticed the trend that teams who lose their final regular season game have come out and covered their bowl game. And this is a logical trend - when you lose your last game, you're that much more amped to come out and make amends in your bowl game.

just looking at todays results.........michigan, tennessee, missouri, virginia.......all lost their final game and ended up covering their bowl games.

on monday, it was Ok State, FSU (altho kentucky lost their season finale in Trip OT vs. UT) Oregon, Cal (GTECH failed to live up to this trend)

on sunday it was Alabama

on saturday it was penn state............UCONN-Wake did not fit this trend.

I don't feel like going back any further, but UCLA and Texas are two more teams off the top of my head who lost their final games and covered their bowl games.

anyways, i dont really have a point here, altho it is definitely something worth keeping an eye on next season......i guess im saying maybe the loss to pitt has kept wva motivated through december as they're determined to do whatever it takes to get the stank ass taste of that loss out of their mouth.

There are plenty of good reasons to take OK - RRod leaving, dissapointment over blowing a chance at a national championship.........Missou destroying Ark proving the Big12 is better than I thought, and making OK's wins over them that much more impressive.......

But I expect Slaton to go back to his peak form that made him the best RB in the country not named McFadden. That guy has been MIA for the latter part of this season, and I'm thinking the month off will have helped him recover from whatever injury has been holding him down. He just looked like a different player that past few times I've seen him.

I think WVA can win it outright, which of course is the golden rule if you're betting on the dog. Hopefully they come out thinking they can win as well.

Last edited:
Yes that is true sportjunky if Slaton goes off, Oklahoma is in trouble, and teams that lost their last game have won their bowl game. Those are valid points. But its not the loss vs Pitts its RODRICO leaving. WVU can win the game as they are a good team with some good players. However these games are bigger than the players on the field. These are kids remember and they are not pros. I think any team that has some really high scoring games during the season has not fared well also during the bowl season. BOISE st and Hawaii, Illinois. Now that RODRICO is gone it will be up to the players to coach themselves and get themselves ready for this game. The impact of a coach in college is huge especially RODRICO and his military style approach. You need to have that approach with guys like Slaton and White, because frankly they are not bright guys, so they need to be yelled and be controlled. This new laid back coach is not the answer, in fact, BCS games are won in the preceeding weeks to the games, USC and Georgia won with perfect execution and gameplanning and better athletes. You guys are talking about SLATON and WHITE, what about BRADFORD and the Oklahoma RUNNING back- Bradford lead the nation in passing efficiency? West Virginia was a very very very weak team, and RODRICO turned them into a good one. Losses at South FLorida, Pitts, and collapses vs Cincy on the road, close games vs Lousville means that WVU will have to play an absolute perfect game and Oklahoma will have to play very average, for them to cover. What will happen is that WVU will play a weaker game and Oklahoma will play a huge huge game in this one. You are depending on 2 players if you take WVU, remember take the team vs the individuals, this JUICe fool and Brennan are all hype.

THe biggest reason to bet Oklahoma is no one knows any of their players which is a good thing. STOOPS is gonna outcoach this guy and WHite and Slaton are not tough and will not care now, they feel betrayed and want to go PRO and don't want to get hurt. I mean Oklahoma has passion, WVU has none, its like comparing MANNING vs Jamarcus RUSSELL and his bloody diamond earrings that he wears. That is a guy who does not want to win. WHITE is also a guy who got injured, pussied out vs PITTS and then came in late because he was scared, and wanted to put the blame on the backup if they lost. I have played with many players like WHITE and SLATON. I know what they are all about. These guys probably don't even like football, they are just in it for the money, no doubt about that, if he loved football, he would never pull himself out of the game vs PITTS. IT is like Vince Young vs INDY, that guy just pussied out because he couldnt hack the pressure and COLLINS came in and brought them to the playoffs.
White and SLATON's goals are to go PRO, they wanted the national championship because it translated into millions of dollars for both of them. But they are not bright and choked, guys like WHITE and SLATON are chokers plain and simple. Relying on their speed advantage to beat a team is not good. Stoops I am sure is preaching punishment and hitting, you hit these guys and you are going to see another VInce Young, Slaton will be riding the exercise bike on the sidelines and WHITE will be complaining about his thumb. I have my doubts that WHITE finishes this game as he is looking for a way out after he gets hit a few times. Tomorrow you will see the effect of RODRICO, WHITE is borderline retarded, the guy fumbled like twice vs CINCY in the last few minutes.
I think WVU will be partying like crazy because RODRICO is not there, they need him to control these guys.

Football is all about WILL, look at Mark RICHT, if you guys think he was fired up today, let me tell you I never make a guarantee, but I will guarantee that BOB STOOPS will be so fired up tomorrow he will make Mark RICHT look like a church boy. This is STOOPS life here, the guy on WVU is preaching fun, laid back attitude, it will also show in the play, OKlahoma will be playing like STOOPS attitude and I think WVU play like their coach , laid back , not much effort no motivation.

2 years ago they beat Georgia when they caught them sleeping in the first qtr up 28-0. Stoops will not let that happen.

I am also not concerned that OKlahoma has lost 3 bowl games in a row, because they lost to LSU who was very good that year and SABAN, and USC and Leinhart< bush and CARROL, the best ever, and they lost to BOISE but I have that down as a WIN for Oklahoma. They had that win anyway, that fluke BS would happen one in a million times.
I really think STOOPS is a film freak and will be able to stop this offense, Utah stopped NAVY,CAl stopped AIr force, USc stopped Illinois, Georgia stopped Hawaii easy, any defense can stop an offence. THey pump up this shit about SLATON and WHITE and their speed, they are not that fast its all hype, its called Gap creating blocking, and STOOPS will stop it. People get on how good Juice was, Brennan was, Slaton and WHite, games are won with DEFENSE and Oklahoma plays good D and that will win this game

Last edited:
you're making me rethink my opinion of slaton and white. I've never thought of them as soft, but you make a lot of good points. And the loss to pitt was bad. program-crushing bad.

but i just can't lay 7 against them. to be honest, it doesn't even enter my thought process. which i'm sure is not a good sign. one of my buddies even used the "L" word when he heard the line, which i wanted to punch him in the face for..........so I know I'm betting into the side vegas wants me to bet on, but its not like vegas has been that accurate this posteason, so maybe i don't have to be too worried about that.........

this is one of those games I need to go with my gut and not overthink. ive been waiting all season for the game that proves whether wva is legit or not. pre-season i had assumed it would be for the Championship, but Oklahoma is just as good. I haven't really seen them play much this season which is another reason im biased towards wva, but Stoops is obviously the man. He's a Top 5 coach easy along with Tressel, Meyer, Richt and carroll (I can't believe I left TOBC out. Fuk carroll. He's out, Spurrier is in. Make room for Neuheisel fellas :36_11_6:)

but at the same time, youre right that its very possible wva doesn't show up for the game, that they don't wan't to showup. Your point about the new coach keeping things easy is really interesting. maybe they come out relaxed and ready.....or have they grown soft?

im not too concerned about RRod's absence, cuz execution on the field is the main thing that matters........long term, losing a coach that good is going to hurt..........but for one game, i dont believe it should be that significant. These guys are experienced. they know what to do and how to do it.

im thinkin wva needs to play a finesse game and give a prominent roll to devine. leave schmidt off the field. im sold on white as a complete QB in the college game. Spread em the fuck out and tear em a new asshole. That should be wva's motto for tmorrows game.

im rambling at this point and i don't even know if any of the above is coherent but I'm stoked on this matchup. I don't think White and Slaton are the cunts you think they are, but ive never seen it from that perspective till you just brought it up. so i'm not gonna say you're wrong.........but I'll let you know if you're right tomorrow :cheers:

Last edited:
NOT 1 team this yr in the bowls who has lost their head coach was won a game, thats my first note.

Big game Slaton has been anything but, rushing for over 100yards in just 2 of his last 8 games.

Oklahoma has enough speed on defense to contain this offense

Oklahoma has too much talent on offense to be held down by WVU

WVU ended the season with a heart breaking loss to Pitt, teams who have ended the season on a loss have done well in bowls this yr however, they lost their HC and a trip to the National Championship so its a bit different in this situation.

Lean to Oky-7

I am a big Oklahoma fan..........but not a homer by any means....

Here is what scares me.....

The Sooner defense has a tendency to over pursue at times...West Virginia is known for their mis direction on offense...could spell trouble for OU

I do agree that when OU is given a month to prepare, and WV being fairly one dimensional on offense.....I do like the Sooners chances...

On offense, I think the Sooners will have their way....opening it up early, stretching the field with Kelly and Iglesias....then working the running game in...

I see this being fairly close early, but OU taking control in the 2nd half....

Oklahoma 34
West Virginia 24

Slaton will be riding the exercise bike on the sidelines and WHITE will be complaining about his thumb..... I would not be very confident if STOOPS left to Michigan, it will hurt them trust me, it cannot help them he was a dam good coach RODRICO. THis will hurt them players are relaxing cause the new coach is chilled. To beat Oklahoma, you cannot relax, STOOPS will be dishing out backhands and dirty looks to players cause his carreer is on the line here, lose here he may as well go coach in the Sunbelt conference. STOOPS is coaching for his life tomorrow

:36_11_6:

Sammy, if nothing else you've provided me with uncontrollable laughter this morning as I read this thread .....and also I'll tail you on the Sooners as they were good to me in the Big 12 Championship game.

P.S. Hit up Sports Illustrated or better yet some sports magazine that is looking for a slight comedy edge to their writing, you would have a huge following of ppl who couldn't wait to see what you are going to write next!!!!

Gotta go sooners. Their weakness is definately passing team and they have overall speed to contain WV. Motivation? for WV. Big East 0-3 ATS.

usf showed everyone how to shut down wvu's spread option. maintain gap integrity and play defense in the backfield. the teams that cannot control the option usually wait for it to come to them. the pitt and usf defensive lines attacked the option and i believe ou will do the same. slaton has not been good as of late, coaching changes, etc. it is going to be tough for wvu tonight imo. i also think the mountaineer d is overrated.

usf showed everyone how to shut down wvu's spread option. maintain gap integrity and play defense in the backfield.

Great comment, dmart, and I completely agree. However, OU has had trouble defending spread offenses all season, and I am worried about the defense being able to adjust -- afterall, we're talking about 20 yr old men not NFL players, and even if the DC recognizes their mistakes this season against spread O's that doesn't mean the players will adjust. I am curious as to how WVU will defend OU's passing game. I will sit out the 1H and look for a 2H opportunity.

GL everyone...

your right about the fact that it is hard to make young players respect their assignments. hell, most of the nfl guys don't do it. if white was a more prolific passer i would be worried. ou's d seems to fail against spread offenses that throw the ball well and i think white is inconsistent when he is forced to throw. ya never know for sure, could be like wvu vs georgia a couple years back (i was on the neers then). ou is going to be salty for this one for sure.

Oklahoma could score 70 on this WV defense.

Why is no one talking about the defensive disparity?

no fucking doubt. i said in a previous comment they are way overrated. look at how ou punished miami early in the year. the canes suck but their d is way better than wvu's. i don't see how they are going to stop ou enough to stay within a td. that's why they play the game i guess.

I completely agree with you Hunt if WVU takes care of the football they cover this game...This game reminds me alot of their Bowl Game 2 years ago against Georgia when everyone thought that Georgia would cover the 7 with ease(including myself) and WVU went right in there and won SU...If Pat White dosent get hurt against USF and Pitt this WV team is 12-0 and in the National Championship IMO and now that hes healthy Ive got to go with the Mountaineers...BOL in whatever you guys play tonight:cheers:

Back