Oklahoma State Season Thread

These guys are on fade alert. Linebackers can‘t tackle, qb is god awful. Not sure why a piss poor D and a quarterbackless offense is ever favored

First play of the year: K State + 7.5

K State D great at stopping chunk plays in air, which OSU‘s otherwise shitty pass attack relies on heavily, KSU’s attack on weak side and then up gut and pass attack in flats will gush pokes D that cant tackle. Pokes suck vs mobile QB’s (like is Missouri State game) Ok state should not be favored

No idea how Texas doesn‘t dominate? They got the mobile qb. Do they have the speed and athleticism to be effective on the edges and in the flats? Teams love attacking our weak-side linebackers.
Can Texas D limit chunk pass plays like K State‘s D?

Thats what I’d like to know. Those are still my main criteria for betting against Pokes

Btw home field advantage quickly dissipated. Less people go to games (weekends on campus are pretty dead in general its very lame). Students in the stands grumble about the team, the non-students show more passion lol. But saturday night against a major opponent i‘ve never experienced before a big showing wouldn‘t surprise me

Ehlinger is up in the air right now. I'd say 60/40 that he plays. Shoulder seems to be healing okay and if he was just a pure drop back passer there would be less concern about him re-injuring the thing. But as we know there are other parts to his game and for a guy that doesn't mind, and seems to thrive on, putting his body in harm's way, it will be an interesting decision for Herman. Can Buechele beat OSU? I would hope so, but wouldn't bank on it, even as bad as OSU has been.

Btw home field advantage quickly dissipated. Less people go to games (weekends on campus are pretty dead in general its very lame). Students in the stands grumble about the team, the non-students show more passion lol. But saturday night against a major opponent i‘ve never experienced before a big showing wouldn‘t surprise me
It's homecoming. The place will be packed. Homecoming is a BFD at OSU. Really, really big.

Last year 59-16 over Baylor as -16.

In 2016, 37-20 over WVU as +4.5.

In 2015, 58-10 over Kansas as -33.

8-2 ATS the last 10.

Last edited:
Looks like Ehlinger will start. Our 2 starting corners and WR LJ Humphrey will not start and sit out for an undetermined amount of the game, late to a team function this week. I'm guessing they will sit for the 1Q.

Sam should be capable of rushing for a lot of yards against this D. Mobile qb‘s have been a problem from Missouri State to K State

This is not a good spot for Texas period. No clue why OK St scheduled UT for homecoming but gut tells me they roll

Its just hard to know exactly how much an environment can transform them because that would require knowing their physical potential which we haven‘t seen yet at all

This is not a good spot for Texas period. No clue why OK St scheduled UT for homecoming but gut tells me they roll

Oklahoma St has beat Texas 3 straight, maybe they are over confident wanting them for HC! Won last 3, all as favorites, but only 1-1-1 ATS. Interestingly last 11 games the team favored has won straight up - Ok St 6-0, Texas 5-0. Some close games, no upsets.

OSU scheduled UT for homecoming and were +37 a while back. I think it was 2005, the national championship year.

OSU scheduled UT for homecoming and were +37 a while back. I think it was 2005, the national championship year.
Reminds me of the Clone years in the 80s where there just wasn't a poor enough team to schedule for HC so it would be a mere light beating by the Mizzous and Colorados of the world

Taylor Cornelius played OUT OF HIS MIND. Stands in amazing contrast to how he played in every other game where he displayed so much inaccuracy and inconsistency throwing in every level, except the occasional deep ball. Defense had some lapses where it gave up very easy tried but otherwise masked its true self very well. Can't wait for the let-down

Baylor.

Can't believe how bad Baylor was last week. Can't believe how good Oklahoma St looked.

Line is 8.

Love the situation for Baylor, hate the Baylor D.

It wasn't terribly cold at the WVU game, mid-40s. Maybe for Texas kids that was terribly cold. Not sure if that played a role or what - it was 81 in Waco at the time of kickoff. Might see what kind of comments Rhule is making. WVU superior, but I expected Baylor to atleast show up. Makes me think they will this week if they care at all about what they are trying to do there and have any pride.

Back