Ohio St @ Notre Dame Discussion Thread

This is a pretty big game, so let us have a standalone thread and really break things down.

I do believe the wrong team is favored. This should be moreso PK or Notre Dame -1.

What say you?

Break it down!

Someone agrees with me, thought I was by myself.

I wrote a few things in my thread...but I think the OSU drubbing of WKU (who has no semblence of a defense, whatsoever) helped the line.

feel like ohio state has the edge everywhere but the qb....which is kinda important.

Notre dame is starting a guy at defensive end that transferred from ohio state because he wasn't good enough to see the field. Notre dames best wide receiver last year styles transferred to ohio state and is a corner.

overall talent edge ohio state for sure. defense ohio state has the edge. offensively due to hartan notre dame has edge.

Under in this game feels very solid IMO.

I haven't been very involved watching either of these teams, but I was thinking a little about this last night. Thinking that last year Notre Dame defense did as good of a job, maybe the best job vs Ohio State than anyone did last year. I know it was game 1 which helps that fact, but still, ND D was very successful last year vs them and that was a better Ohio State offense. Personnel-wise, I don't know how this ND D stacks up vs the 2022 unit. Point is, ND defensively should do quite well, especially now seeing that Ohio State 2023 offense game 1 and game 2 was not where it needs to be. Think that is a fair statement. I have no idea how well they played last week although I see what WKU final score was. So I'm picturing OSU 2023 O week 1 and week 2 and the ND D vs them from the 2022 game. I would like Notre Dame just with those things in mind. Now add the fact that Hartman is the QB for ND it should put them in position to be successful in this game.

Freeman v Laurinaitis coaching matchup is really interesting subplot as these guys were best friends on the Buckeyes circa 2005.
I think 18 is going to be a problem for Notre Dame. Still a wide talent gap all over the field, ND best defender was a rotation guy at OSU at DE. I think Knowles can scheme up Hartman as OSU's secondary is much improved compared to last year.
Let's be real, OSU's 3rd string RB would start at ND. I was happy to lay the 3

Last edited:
Wrote in the dog thread I don’t think I can pass Irish up getting points, I agree with you I don’t really think they should be dogs. They finally have a qb I trust who can keep moving the chains so they can lean on osu w the run game and if needed Hartman can air it out to score points, I trust him way more than McCord even if osu weapons scare me as they should anyone. Betting against osu before the playoffs with anyone other than Michigan isn’t something I like doing much but think I gotta play Irish.

ND hasn’t played anyone so tough to gauge them. OSU hasn’t either but there’s less uncertainty to gauge. Wasn’t impressed with ND defense last week. Maybe a look ahead.

ND hasn’t played anyone so tough to gauge them. OSU hasn’t either but there’s less uncertainty to gauge. Wasn’t impressed with ND defense last week. Maybe a look ahead.

I mean ncst defense is vastly better than anything osu has played. Like I said before that game I have no respect for their “new look” offense but ncst d is always very good. I don’t think hanging 45 on them was nothing. Plus I know and trust the guy playing qb for Irish so I didn’t really need him to prove it as I thought getting Hartman was huge and I expect him to play even better than he did in that goofy long slow mesh attack he ran at wake. That run game and Oline he has time to really scan the field and push the ball for big chunks. I trust him to make the right plays and I don’t know what McCord will look like in a game I think he will be pressured more than he has yet. Not sure how there more uncertainty with Irish? I have no clue what McCord is or what he be in a tough game, just cause Hartman hasn’t did it here yet I’ve seen him in plenty of tight tough games and trust him to be good.

Which Ryan Day is showing up? Georgia Ryan Day or the Ryan Day who calls plays like he's saving himself for marriage?

Just about everyone is on ND. Yet the line isn't dipping below 3. OSU has played in a few of these types of games in recent memory.

Seems like the ideal spot to live bet. I think whoever wins will do it relatively comfortably and the first few drives will tell us a lot about who will control this game.

Which Ryan Day is showing up? Georgia Ryan Day or the Ryan Day who calls plays like he's saving himself for marriage?

Just about everyone is on ND. Yet the line isn't dipping below 3. OSU has played in a few of these types of games in recent memory.

Seems like the ideal spot to live bet. I think whoever wins will do it relatively comfortably and the first few drives will tell us a lot about who will control this game.

I see most on gambling twitter and interwebs on bucks, but sure it probably evens out as week goes on.

I mean ncst defense is vastly better than anything osu has played. Like I said before that game I have no respect for their “new look” offense but ncst d is always very good. I don’t think hanging 45 on them was nothing. Plus I know and trust the guy playing qb for Irish so I didn’t really need him to prove it as I thought getting Hartman was huge and I expect him to play even better than he did in that goofy long slow mesh attack he ran at wake. That run game and Oline he has time to really scan the field and push the ball for big chunks. I trust him to make the right plays and I don’t know what McCord will look like in a game I think he will be pressured more than he has yet. Not sure how there more uncertainty with Irish? I have no clue what McCord is or what he be in a tough game, just cause Hartman hasn’t did it here yet I’ve seen him in plenty of tight tough games and trust him to be good.

That mesh shit was bananas.

Rumblings from the deep corners of the web that Notre Dame folks are very nervous that the stadium is going to be overrun with Buckeye red. Might be home field disadvantage.

Rumblings from the deep corners of the web that Notre Dame folks are very nervous that the stadium is going to be overrun with Buckeye red. Might be home field disadvantage.
The simple fix there is to not sell season tickets to opposing fans.

The fan base has zero reason to complain, if this is the case.

That mesh shit was bananas.

I never understood how it worked. Qb had to have balls of steal cause it basically had defenders up in his grill every play! I can pretty much guarantee Hartman is loving life in this offense compared to running that shit!!

I never understood how it worked. Qb had to have balls of steal cause it basically had defenders up in his grill every play! I can pretty much guarantee Hartman is loving life in this offense compared to running that shit!!

I think it's better suited for a dual threat qb, which Hartman isn't. If it is run correctly it can get 8-9 yards a pop every time. It's definitely interesting. I haven't seen WF play this year so not sure if they still do it.

I think it's better suited for a dual threat qb, which Hartman isn't. If it is run correctly it can get 8-9 yards a pop every time. It's definitely interesting. I haven't seen WF play this year so not sure if they still do it.

I havnt either but just looking at box scores I gotta assume they running some version of it or their qb just takes a ton of sacks! Cause seems every game he is credited for more than normal rush attempts and very little or minus rush ysrds!!!

I havnt either but just looking at box scores I gotta assume they running some version of it or their qb just takes a ton of sacks! Cause seems every game he is credited for more than normal rush attempts and very little or minus rush ysrds!!!

Yeah, it's so oline heavy, you gotta protect. Can you imagine if Georgia or Michigan ran this with their olines? It would be wild.

As I start making plays it getting a lot harder to actually put money on Irish than it was to talk bout it, lol. Thinking Estime ov 73.5 rush yards a easier play to make, as much I like Hartman if Estime isn’t rushing for more than that I don’t love their chances cause it leads to 2 bad things, osu offense getting more chances than Irish wants, bad thing number 2 if osu d is able to make Irish one dimensional will Hartman have time to push ball down field?

I gotta remember I thought a lot of osu hiring Knowles and now this his 2nd year w the d, probably should respect the fact this d is most likely better. Actually startling to think this lower scoring, Irish have a nfl corner who I think can at least compete w Harrison, they have to pressure McCord and that really what this game prob comes down to, if they can and how he handles it?? Osu was only held under 40 3x last year and one of those was week 1 vs ND, granted I think week 1 favors defenses but still think it says a lot and Irish didn’t have a qb who could help move the chains to keep ball away last year. I’m still leaning ND w the fg, I’m not totally switching to osu just wondering if there a better way to go about it that could cash regardless who wins as long as game competitive which I believe it absolutely will be.

Back