Oher - Blind Side

Guy has distanced himself from that family for years

Not even sure if I made it through the entire movie, it wasn't memorable if so. Seemed so churched up I do remember wishing I was anywhere other than in front of the tv at some point.

Well, I would not assume the article is true, maybe parts of it are.

I’m pretty sure that family had plenty their own money before he came around. I dunno enough bout it, don’t care enough to know more, just doesn’t make a lot of sense when they took him in they were eyeing a scheme to get paid! Regardless what happened it clearly isn’t the happy loving Disney story they made it out to be, For him to be filing the suit says that story had to be full of bs. I still find it kinda hard to believe it was some really well off ppl plan to scam him on movie rights for a couple hundred grand when he was 18, I guess stranger things have happened but feels to me like folks being awful quick to just blast them without knowing any facts.

I’m pretty sure that family had plenty their own money before he came around. I dunno enough bout it, don’t care enough to know more, just doesn’t make a lot of sense when they took him in they were eyeing a scheme to get paid! Regardless what happened it clearly isn’t the happy loving Disney story they made it out to be, For him to be filing the suit says that story had to be full of bs. I still find it kinda hard to believe it was some really well off ppl plan to scam him on movie rights for a couple hundred grand when he was 18, I guess stranger things have happened but feels to me like folks being awful quick to just blast them without knowing any facts.
Yeah I've really only expected them to by wiping their asses with 100,000 dollar bills all along. Like you I really don't care to know more about this whole thing. Seems like a lot of butt hurt going on for a remedial topic. Prolly make for a nice Dr Phil reunion

Yeah I've really only expected them to by wiping their asses with 100,000 dollar bills all along. Like you I really don't care to know more about this whole thing. Seems like a lot of butt hurt going on for a remedial topic. Prolly make for a nice Dr Phil reunion

The other thing that crossed my mind, if it was some plot by them to make money off his name he really is a dumb fuck if he just figured it out in the last year or whatever!!! He allegedly signed that shit 20 years ago!

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
The other thing that crossed my mind, if it was some plot by them to make money off his name he really is a dumb fuck if he just figured it out in the last year or whatever!!! He allegedly signed that shit 20 years ago!
yeah, I'm sure he got all his NFL contract money or we would have heard about it. And he must have had 3 contracts at least. Just weird

Yes, that is why I did the believe all of the ESPN story, it does not make sense.

There was no link to the actual court filing, so the author likely got his info from Other's attorney who is trying to get out first to paint a narrative.

Couple that with the fact that the ESPN journalist is an ex-Washington Post journalist who usual wrote articles about racial issues.

And Other just released a book last week.

And, apparently the court case is for $200k when the ESPN article is about millions of dollars. I would like to see the court filing to verify this, but $200k makes no sense to multimillionaires.

Oher is likely pissed at his portrayal in the Blind Side which still lives with him to this day and wants to blame someone. But it was a movie, created to make money. It was based on actual events but stuff was added to sell tickets. Just like Moneyball, the Big Short and more recently Oppenheimer. These are movies.

Oher is likely pissed at his portrayal in the Blind Side which still lives with him to this day and wants to blame someone. But it was a movie, created to make money. It was based on actual events but stuff was added to sell tickets. Just like Moneyball, the Big Short and more recently Oppenheimer. These are movies.
People don't seem to understand why biographies aren't really big sellers. Because most of those lives suck without some fine tuning.

Yes, that is why I did the believe all of the ESPN story, it does not make sense.

There was no link to the actual court filing, so the author likely got his info from Other's attorney who is trying to get out first to paint a narrative.

Couple that with the fact that the ESPN journalist is an ex-Washington Post journalist who usual wrote articles about racial issues.

And Other just released a book last week.

And, apparently the court case is for $200k when the ESPN article is about millions of dollars. I would like to see the court filing to verify this, but $200k makes no sense to multimillionaires.

Oh he just released a book, lmao, now the picture is becoming clearer! I can’t imagine there were a bunch of ppl lining up to read another boring version of that story!! Regardless of how much of the movie was made up or not I doubt anyone cares to read another take on the same shit 10 years later, file some redic lawsuit maybe drive a few more sales!!

Far as how much money I heard somewhere I believed credible the family members got somewhere around a few hundred k for the movie, maybe they get some royalties im not sure? And yes it seems odd any of these ppl who should have plenty of money would waste money and time bickering over a few hundred k (unless one of them trying to sell wkat I imagine a crappy book, lol), or unless he one these nfl idiots who invested all his money with Ponzi schemes and Mexican drinking water and now really needs the money, lol.

Oh he just released a book, lmao, now the picture is becoming clearer! I can’t imagine there were a bunch of ppl lining up to read another boring version of that story!! Regardless of how much of the movie was made up or not I doubt anyone cares to read another take on the same shit 10 years later, file some redic lawsuit maybe drive a few more sales!!

Far as how much money I heard somewhere I believed credible the family members got somewhere around a few hundred k for the movie, maybe they get some royalties im not sure? And yes it seems odd any of these ppl who should have plenty of money would waste money and time bickering over a few hundred k (unless one of them trying to sell wkat I imagine a crappy book, lol), or unless he one these nfl idiots who invested all his money with Ponzi schemes and Mexican drinking water and now really needs the money, lol.
Pretty bad that it became thread worthy. I can't forget this story fast enough.

Back