Off-Season News and Notes...

7 FA's have left the Vikes since last Thursday and we have signed 0 of our own FA's. Nice job by our front office. fuckers.

Why? If he's only got 2 or 3 years, any draft picks they end up with aren't necessarily going to materialize in that time anyway. And to trade away the guy who is presumably the heir to the throne is something that doesn't seem to make much sense. Trade the guy they want to be their QB of the future for a few draft picks that may or may not work out, and more than likely wouldn't work out before Brady retires anyway, just because they traded away a few draft picks to begin with (which should point to what they feel about the draft picks)? Organizations that are run great don't do that.

Most guys picked in rounds 1 and 2 start, NFL is a super young league now

I also don't get why Jimmy stays next summer when he is a FA isn't he?, they won't franchise him and another team is going to give him 15-20m, unless Brady retires next summer you are not convincing a guy to wait until he's 28 or older

All signs point to him playing 2-3 more years so this is when you cash in

Dont they really like Brissett anyway?

C Patterson to Raiders.

Fucking Vikings letting everyone walk. WTF. They are mailing in the season already. fuck this shit.

I don't get it, team isn't that far away. With a few signings on offense they are definitely a playoff threat and then they bomb this week

Happy for Raiders though, even if he's nothing more than a speed deep threat that's all we need him to be. Main value in his returns

Most guys picked in rounds 1 and 2 start, NFL is a super young league now

I also don't get why Jimmy stays next summer when he is a FA isn't he?, they won't franchise him and another team is going to give him 15-20m, unless Brady retires next summer you are not convincing a guy to wait until he's 28 or older

All signs point to him playing 2-3 more years so this is when you cash in

Dont they really like Brissett anyway?

I think this is why nobody trades for him unless they are really, really desperate. You are going to have to give up (high?) draft picks to secure him. Then he is off contract, which means he will be be getting $20 mill (based on the Glennon signing). If a team is desperate for a QB they can draft one, pay them on the rookie contract scale. Hell of a lot cheaper option.

20 mill a season plus high draft picks on a guy that has started 2 games or give up nothing and draft a QB and pay him 25 over 4

He won't be any good if he's on his back all game. We need OL/RB/LB/CB in that order before we need a QB.

Vikes need to draft Davis Webb

When you look at what the Brock Osweilers and Mike Glennons get signed for as unproven QBs and Sam Bradford brings in a first rounder on the trade market every team in the NFL should draft a QB every other year.

Last edited:
The way the gm has built the team, the rumors of him wanting to trade Payton?

Isn't their weird shit with the ownership?

Then they overplay their hand, leak that they turned down one offer, and end up accepting a much worse one

was

now Rita will take over when Tom kicks it

there was a granddaughter that was being groomed to take over but flaked out and there was a war to see who would take over after Tom Benson........his now wife is MUCH better

Cook also wants to buy #89 from Amari Cooper. Said he's willing to barter...

:popcorn:

Pissed they created a rule change to stop players from leaping over the o-line.... i know safety is of concern but this is not a safe sport.....

why on earth are you hindering players who have freakish leaping ability.... isn't that wrong?

Pissed they created a rule change to stop players from leaping over the o-line.... i know safety is of concern but this is not a safe sport.....

why on earth are you hindering players who have freakish leaping ability.... isn't that wrong?
lol of all the bullshit NFL rules this is your concern

Dan Rooney dies , that seems to be pretty big news . The man basically ran the Steelers from the late 50`s to early 2000 `s but was never really in charge with final say for many of his earlier years.. Most of that time without an official title until the mid 70`s.

Dan was the man who built the 1970`s dynasty. His father, Art Sr. the Chief was not a very good football mind . And son Dan had to endue horrible decisions that Art Sr. would make ...For instance cutting Johnny Unitas and Len Dawson

It was Dan who brought the Steelers to prominence. And it started with the hiring of Chuck Noll and drafting Mean Joe Green.

And the rest is history.

What a life :shake2:

Back