Off-Season News and Notes...

Saints are about to cut Jairus Byrd a few years after signing him to the biggest S contract in history(at the time)....

Boy, that sure didn't work out...and the let Malcom Jenkins go to the Eagles who made the Peo Bowl....

damn shame....

Saints are about to cut Jairus Byrd a few years after signing him to the biggest S contract in history(at the time)....

Boy, that sure didn't work out...and the let Malcom Jenkins go to the Eagles who made the Peo Bowl....

damn shame....

I think I remember telling you Byrd wasn't worth that money when they signed him away from Buffalo. Pretty sure Lex may have weighed in with the same opinion as well.

Saints should absolutely trade Cooks. 2-3 teams in the 2nd tier believe they are a weapon away from contending and will no doubt pay up.

Saints have more than enough at WR and they just make WR with Brees and that system. Any time to you flip from a position of strength and get an early pick in a deep and talented defensive draft you have to fire when you suck that bad on D.

Cooks not a guy I'd want on my team, grumblngs about him aside, I watched the Saints a lot this year and this guy would not sell out for balls. His play in the 4Q of the TB road game was embarrassing. I would have fought him if I was a teammate.

Saints should absolutely trade Cooks. 2-3 teams in the 2nd tier believe they are a weapon away from contending and will no doubt pay up.

Saints have more than enough at WR and they just make WR with Brees and that system. Any time to you flip from a position of strength and get an early pick in a deep and talented defensive draft you have to fire when you suck that bad on D.

Cooks not a guy I'd want on my team, grumblngs about him aside, I watched the Saints a lot this year and this guy would not sell out for balls. His play in the 4Q of the TB road game was embarrassing. I would have fought him if I was a teammate.
FACTS

he is a burner and a good slot guy, but you are right on him and going for balls......super soft

I don't totally understand the purpose in signing Campbell when you already have FA money going to Malik Jackson and Marks is also there, lot of positional overlap and large amounts of money going toward one position group.

With that said, the Jags defense should go from good to great next year with Campbell in the fold. Hope for a little development from the two young guys on the edge too.

If they sign Bouye to pair him up with Ramsey on the back end, along with Gipson and Church patrolling the middle of the field + more reps for Myles Jack...oh boy.

Might see some of the lower totals in recent history with them next year with that defense and a bad oline and the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Texans get Romo now you think, they have the money, happy wife happy life and all that

Watt back after missing last year too

they are going to be the trendy super bowl pick

Why would Cooks want out of NO? Drew MAKES WRs...does he think he is a number 1? Or he saw Thomas shit on him last year?

Only the Browns would take on that contract. Just get it over and hire Costner to be the real GM already. At least he makes moves...

But what do they do with him teed? Someone explain this to me?
Brock got how much guaranteed? He is t gonna take a snap anywhere else so he likely doesn't get the salary right?
what an enigma and what a luck SOB and how stupid was a team to pay him? Jfc

need tip back on ctg

straight from the horse's iPhone or whatever:

They have cap room to burn, so I guess it's a 4th this year for a 6th this year, a 2nd next year, and Brock's contract. Next year's 2nd is probably the jewel of the deal for the Browns. Dumping Brock $ is the jewel for Houston. Think this means they release RGIII, keep Kessler, add a rookie QB. Brock or Kessler starts next year. Unless they trade for Jimmy G. And I don't want Jimmy if high 1st round picks are involved. And Romo goes to Houston. And gets hurt.

:rofl:

CLE draft picks

2017 - 2x1st, 2x2nd, 1x3rd, 2x4th
2018 - 1x1st, 3x2nd, 1x3rd, 2x4th

They will flip Osweiler for more draft picks. They may eat a chunk of his salary, but they entered the off-season with over 100 million in cap space. Even if they don't flip him, they traded 16 mill and a conditional 4th round pick for a second rounder

Not that he had a good chance of coming back, but Aldon Smith probably just sealed his fate of never playing in the NFL again.

CLE draft picks

2017 - 2x1st, 2x2nd, 1x3rd, 2x4th
2018 - 1x1st, 3x2nd, 1x3rd, 2x4th

They will flip Osweiler for more draft picks. They may eat a chunk of his salary, but they entered the off-season with over 100 million in cap space. Even if they don't flip him, they traded 16 mill and a conditional 4th round pick for a second rounder

so what?!

they get the chance to fuck up more draft picks lol?

serious... I know peeps are calling this an NBA type dump but I just still don't see it
what they do with him? Also, what does the pimp Brock walk with after all this ?!

such a pimp

so what?!

they get the chance to fuck up more draft picks lol?

serious... I know peeps are calling this an NBA type dump but I just still don't see it
what they do with him? Also, what does the pimp Brock walk with after all this ?!

such a pimp

they aren't winning shit this season, and have to eat up cap space. Eat the salary this year, while building for the future with draft picks.

they aren't winning shit this season, and have to eat up cap space. Eat the salary this year, while building for the future with draft picks.

Right...but the issue is that their front office is fucking horrible and will almost always make the wrong decision/pick.

They're selling hope...and it'll probably be enough to keep asses in the seats.

What Cleveland is doing makes a ton of sense.

They spent some of their gigantic amount of cap space on the oline yesterday. They're now going into the season with a legitimately very good Oline, Coleman who showed flashes in his first year, not wasting FA money on Prior, a few young guys on defense they still want to give looks, a cornerstone in Garrett, and continuity with the coaching staff.

22 picks in the next 2 years, now they can shift gears and identify a QB to get in the fold no later than Week 1 2018.

I'd be very careful calling this front office horrible, nothing they've done in the past year is "horrible." Getting comp picks for all the guys they let walk last year too. Would be more surprised if this team is 5-11 in 3 years than if they're 12-4.

Logan Ryan at age 26 to Tennessee with a GM who knows him well, with really not that much guaranteed money compared to some of these other deals.

Really solid pickup for a good team that needs to fix a few small holes.

Philly won the division with the affordable WR signings they made yesterday, imo.

Right...but the issue is that their front office is fucking horrible and will almost always make the wrong decision/pick.

They're selling hope...and it'll probably be enough to keep asses in the seats.

How is it horrible?

Sashi brown has been the gm for 14 months

He's stockpiled draftpicks as Alan posted above and has them well set up to add a boatload of talent

only if they find a team to take that contract? Otherwise, they paid $16 million to get a 2nd round pick basically.

Which is value
They have 100m in cap space and have to meet the salary floor of 90% on rolling 4 year periods

This adds a valuable pick and helps them do thay

I'd be very careful calling this front office horrible, nothing they've done in the past year is "horrible." Getting comp picks for all the guys they let walk last year too. Would be more surprised if this team is 5-11 in 3 years than if they're 12-4.

If they can find their QB this makes total sense.

Saints were leaking they wouldn't do it for 18 and now they do it for this

Clown organization that belichek just took to school

If they really are all in for Brady's last 2 or 3 years then now is when you trade Jimmy for picks to recoup what they lose dealing for Ealy and cooks

If they really are all in for Brady's last 2 or 3 years then now is when you trade Jimmy for picks to recoup what they lose dealing for Ealy and cooks

Not true. They want experienced players. Guys who are good and hungry for a championship.

the only way they trade Jimmy is if they are blown away with an offer.

C Patterson to Raiders.

Fucking Vikings letting everyone walk. WTF. They are mailing in the season already. fuck this shit.

Why? If he's only got 2 or 3 years, any draft picks they end up with aren't necessarily going to materialize in that time anyway. And to trade away the guy who is presumably the heir to the throne is something that doesn't seem to make much sense. Trade the guy they want to be their QB of the future for a few draft picks that may or may not work out, and more than likely wouldn't work out before Brady retires anyway, just because they traded away a few draft picks to begin with (which should point to what they feel about the draft picks)? Organizations that are run great don't do that.

Back