Odds to win Heisman

dmr76

McCoy -115
Bradford Even
Tebow +300
Harrell +750
Greene +1500

I have to consider Bradford the frontrunner at this point and may put a little on him - I realize he has to perform well on Saturday. Thoughts?

agree 100%...with an avg performance for him, 300 yds and a couple scores, he's a huge fave I think..

Unless Tebow does something legendary...

I just can't see McCoy winning at this point beng out of the spotlight.

Greene should win but probably will not. Do have to consider that the RB voters have a limited choice here and QB voters have a lot to choose from.

McCoy should also prevail over Bradford as he statistically whips him but again ... bradford is going to light it up again in a championship game with everyone watching , including colt.

Tebow should not even be in the conversation.
Harrell is hurt by the system qb stigma.

I guess Bradford is the best bet.

My vote would be for S Greene , though.

What about voters who think colt mccoy and the longhorns got screwed ??? think that hurts bradford and helps mccoy a tad ?

What about voters who think colt mccoy and the longhorns got screwed ??? think that hurts bradford and helps mccoy a tad ?

I was considering that angle, but at the end of the day I just think that the fact OU "won" the Big XII South will put him over the top.

Greene should win but probably will not. Do have to consider that the RB voters have a limited choice here and QB voters have a lot to choose from.

McCoy should also prevail over Bradford as he statistically whips him but again ... bradford is going to light it up again in a championship game with everyone watching , including colt.

Tebow should not even be in the conversation.
Harrell is hurt by the system qb stigma.

I guess Bradford is the best bet.

My vote would be for S Greene , though.
What?

Bradford: 4080 yds (3rd in NCAA), 46 TDs (1st in NCAA), 6 INTs (2nd fewest in NCAA, fewest per attempt), 191 rating (1st in NCAA)

McCoy: 3445 yds (10th in NCAA), 32 TDs, 7 INTs, 179 rating

McCoy has 576 yds rushing on 128 atts (4.5 avg), 10 TDs rushing

Bradford has 58 yds rushing on 39 atts, 5 TDs rushing..

Total yds: Bradford 4,138 McCoy 4,028
Total Tds: Bradford 51 McCoy 42

So McCoy beats him in completion percentage (Colt is 1st, Bradford is top 10) and total yds rushing...

They have same amount of wins (McCoy wins head to head)

This is what you statistically whipping him? 4.5 yds per carry? Shit, McCoy had same amt of yds rushing last year basically...He's not even as statistically GOOD as Bradford.

Last edited:
What?

Bradford: 4080 yds (3rd in NCAA), 46 TDs (1st in NCAA), 6 INTs (2nd fewest in NCAA, fewest per attempt), 191 rating (1st in NCAA)

McCoy: 3445 yds (10th in NCAA), 32 TDs, 7 INTs, 179 rating

McCoy has 576 yds rushing on 128 atts (4.5 avg), 10 TDs rushing

Bradford has 58 yds rushing on 39 atts, 5 TDs rushing..

Total yds: Bradford 4,138 McCoy 4,028
Total Tds: Bradford 51 McCoy 42

So McCoy beats him in completion percentage (Colt is 1st, Bradford is top 10) and total yds rushing...

They have same amount of wins (McCoy wins head to head)

This is what you statistically whipping him? 4.5 yds per carry? Shit, McCoy had more yds rushing last year than this year.

He's not even as statistically GOOD as Bradford.

your post illustrates that he is though jump ..... also have to throw in that mccoy isn't forced to score late because the defense has allowed another score but that doesn't go to the stats.

it was closer than i thought ... forgot colt had those two subpar games. i guess you should give the nod to bradford maybe since colt has a better all around team behind him and a better coach and better fans .....

I'm going to start shooting people from a clock tower if both Texas and Colt get screwed this year.

RJ's lair .......

3270082-University-Austin.jpg

Colt would get my vote. He makes UT go by picking up so many first downs with his feet. That's the difference. I like OU's WR and TE quite a bit better than UT's. That gives the edge to Colt in my opinion.

OU has the better WRs, RBs, TE, and OL. Almost all of us Texas fans before the season thought the team would lose 2-4 games.

They would be nowhere this season without the play of Mccoy including the OU game.

That being said I think Bradford wins it because he has the last say vs a JV defense on Sat. The only thing i would be worried is the sympathy vote for those that think texas got shafted.

Bradford and Mccoy could split the vote and Tebow could sneak in.

Back