October 28th Plays and Analysis Thread

I will say this. Whales typically follow forums. They play enough money to move lines whether it be a few cents or a point or two. No one said that a typical poster would move line. A large conglomerate can do that though. Take a look at the number of viewers. Now think about it again.

Everyone has an opinion fellas. Lets keep it to lively discussion and not going at each others throats.

B.A.R. said:
Everyone has an opinion fellas. Lets keep it to lively discussion and not going at each others throats.

Sorry bro. I forgot myself there for a moment. I think I need to go tell someone in the pbox he's been winning too much.

Anyway, I love that Northwestern play. No doubt UM will beat them, but they won't care enough to beat them by 35...

Red...its alright. Just don't want it to turn into a bickering session. Both sides making points and receiving counterpoints can be very good if done correctly.

I can promise you that i moved that line in the houston game a half point or more. I only bet 140 or 150.. but i posted it on 2 sites and told others and people pounded it. The line changed like 1 full point in 30 minutes. I guess that is different though since pinny wasnt expecting such one sided betting on an nba preseason game

OK, ahem, . . . . let's carry on
glasses10.gif

Big Al, I'm on UCF as well, but I'm waiting to see if the line will go up more. What's your thoughts?

RJ told me you were liking it. I personally do not think it will rise. Look at the ULL-Houston game this year as far as line movement. The percentages were HOU way but the line barely moved.

Just my 2 cents Den

B.A.R. said:
RJ told me you were liking it. I personally do not think it will rise. Look at the ULL-Houston game this year as far as line movement. The percentages were HOU way but the line barely moved.

Just my 2 cents Den

Your 2 cents moves lines though, Big Al.
glasses10.gif

J Galt said:
GL Al, you've been rock solid this year. Houston has never been great as a big fave with Kolb at QB, seems like the kid takes game off

Appreciate the kind words Galt. Your right on with Kolb. The more cappers I talk to the better th to be.

mcm481 said:
Golden Knights are on my "also receiving votes" list for this week :smiley_acbe: I'll have to find out if Mr. Kolb is going to bet on the game or not:spank: GL Bro:cheers:

Wink Wink:drink:

sportluver said:
99.9% of all people in these types of forums bet 200 bucks or less on a game although few will ever admit to it. they all want you to think they are high rollers but they're not.

hell i bet less than $50!

:wacka wacka:

If you ask me sportlover, Troy can think and say whatever the hell he wants. The only thing stupid about this thread is you coming in here and complaining. If you love those other sites so damn much, then go chat with them. Just my $0.02. GL :shake:

Heres the Full Card-Thoughts to come the Rest of the Day

Remember I played a few of these Sunday-Tuesday. Only ones added in last 12 hours were Army and ASU. ASU is only game I feel somewhat jipped on a line but thats okay.

Northwestern +33.5 +101
Northwestern +33.5 -101 (2 UNITS)
UCF +18 +100 (2 UNITS)
Navy +14 +100
Army +6 -109 (2 units)
Arizona St -2 -101
Iowa State +4.5 -101 (2 UNITS)
Iowa State ML +190 (1/2 UNIT)
S. Carolina +4.5 +101
S. Carolina +4.5 -104
S. Carolina ML +180 (1/2 UNIT)
Utah -21 +108
Baylor-Aggy over 53.5 -105
NIU +17 -102

also strongly looking at Nebraska, BYU, Buffalo and maybe another one. Not sure if I will play them yet. Still have 2 others I played Sunday I most likely will hedge off. Need some more time on those.

Last edited:
Yo B.A.R-whats the thinking on ASU on the road? I know Dr. Bob is on it, but I still kinda like UW at home...

For those of you that do not have Pinny or another low juice book...just look at my risk reward this Saturday..

With the 2 ML's, I am risking 15.65 units to win 15.95

W.O the 2 ML's, I am risking 14.65 to win 14.1

Thats the beauty of things and over the long hall you save a lot of money that way.

Seabass said:
Yo B.A.R-whats the thinking on ASU on the road? I know Dr. Bob is on it, but I still kinda like UW at home...

What makes me mad is I didn't play this till later today. I had all intenets on playing it last night. I lost some value but still like it.

UW has been impressive against the likes of USC and Cal the past few weeks. They could have pulled the upset in either of both of those games. I think this is a big let down spot here.

ASU finally got Rudy some confidence back last wek. He didn't throw a lot but he was great and I think this will be a turning point for him. Granted it was Stanford but its the confidence thats the key.

The line was a bit weird to me as well. For how well UW was playing to see them favored by a short margin made me think about this game more than I would have. Thats just my take though.

I think ASU scores 35-40 here and wins an exciting one.

BAR...I keep looking at that South Carolina game and wonder if it is possible for them to pull of this upset. We saw how close they came to upsetting Auburn a couple of weeks ago. Can they pull it off again...especially considering how much Spurrier has owned Tenn in the past. You got me thinking on this one...The rest of the card looks solid. Good luck bro!

BTW, have you started looking at the NBA yet? We have less than 1 week to opening night. I always enjoyed your analysis on that as well as college basketball.

Muletime said:
BAR...I keep looking at that South Carolina game and wonder if it is possible for them to pull of this upset. We saw how close they came to upsetting Auburn a couple of weeks ago. Can they pull it off again...especially considering how much Spurrier has owned Tenn in the past. You got me thinking on this one...The rest of the card looks solid. Good luck bro!

BTW, have you started looking at the NBA yet? We have less than 1 week to opening night. I always enjoyed your analysis on that as well as college basketball.

I really think they can Muletime. Scary is a much different squad with Newton. I hit them in a PERFECT spot last week at Vandy and I think they may win this one on the field.

As far as hoops, started with preseason plays this week and have went 12-2-1(quite to my suprise). Been studying hard for hoops and think we will start the year off strong. I am always a bit behind in college hoops. Just so much stuff going on. Go ahead and check out the NBA forum. Its starting to come alive. Should be hopping next week.

Austin...lets hope its the holy land..

put the last two games in..

That should do it...I bought off GT 2 days ago...so lost about 18 dolars or sumtin..lol

GL to all on Saturday

Nice looking card today, Big Al. Go ahead and add those leans because they are winners, too.

I bought back my Navy bet. I had Navy +14.5, but I got scared off at the Weiss was whining about their BCS snub this week. I was afraid he might use that for motivation with his players. I got Notre Dame at -13.5 so there is a VERY narrow window of opportunity for a middle, but I'm not putting much hope in it.

Good luck today, Big Al!
stpatrick2.gif

WTG, Bar!
On UNC and UCF with ya! Great call on Whisky at the half!
Love the pumpkin, did ya carve that yourself?
:cheers:

Dreamer..Yes I did.

Im am 26 and I can say its been since late 80's that I carved a pumpkin...lol. My girlfriend made me do it so I showed here with a CTG pumpkin..lol

Thanks for the well-wishes

Nice of Houston to score late for no reason..

First horrendous Moose in awhile

FUKKKK!!!

Is Utah next?

6-7-0 today..down4.46 units....horrible 3:30 slate..

UCF was a horendous moose indeed..wow..still can't get over that.

well..asu wins in OT..

horrid day..

well.sice 3:30..lost 13 units approx since 3:30

7-11 (7.05)

down .17 units for week..just killed the nice weeknights..oh well..thanks to UCF houston for most of that

91-73-5 +33.09

I will have a play on the island about 11:30 if you all need a fade..lol

late night fade for ya all

2 units...Bos -25.5 -106
1 unit..Over 68.5 +103

I have looked these over carefully..and I know about UH shady shit but I think this happens tonight...52-20

Glad Hawaii worked out for you, bro. UCF losing ATS is really shitty...wtf happened there? I wasn't able to see.

Back