October 16th Bob INGAME

9 College Best Bets this week

Rotation #304 TCU (-2) 2-Stars at -2 1/2 or less.
Rotation #339 Akron (-3 1/2) 3-Stars at -6 or less, 2-Stars at -6 1/2 or -7, 4-Stars at -2 1/2 points.
Rotation #350 Navy (+3) 2-Stars at +3 (-115 odds or better) or more.
Rotation #353 Missouri (+5) 3-Stars at +3 1/2 or more, 4-Stars at +6 or more, 2-Stars at +3.
Rotation #358 Northern Illinois (-8 1/2) 3-Stars at -9 or less, 2-Stars at -9 1/2 or -10.
Rotation #360 Nevada (-21) 2-Stars at -23 or less.
Rotation #364 Penn State (-23 1/2) 3-Stars at -26 or less, 2-Stars at -26 1/2 or -27.
Rotation #367 Oregon State (-14) 3-Stars at -16 1/2 or less, 2-Stars at -17.
Rotation #393 Stanford (-1 1/2) 2-Stars at -3 or less, 3-Stars at -1 or better.

6 Strong Opinions

Rotation #301 Florida State (-11) Strong Opinion at -13 or less, 2-Star Best Bet at -10 or less.
Rotation #322 Iowa (-3 1/2) Strong Opinion at -5 or less, 2-Star Best Bet at -3 or less (-1.12 odds or better).
Rotation #334 Tennessee (-7 1/2) Strong Opinion at -9 or less, 2-Star Best Bet at -7 (-115 odds or less).
Rotation #345 Southern Miss (+2) Strong Opinion at +2 or more, 2-Star Best Bet at +3 or more (-115 odds or better).
Rotation #371-372 Cal at Arizona UNDER (54 1/2) Strong Opinion Under 54 or higher.
Rotation #378 Oklahoma State (-16 1/2) Strong Opinion at -17 or less.

Thanks DDK . Feel good to be largely unaffected in a negative fashion by the moves . Have Pitt -2.5 -120 so could have saved a few pennies . Stupid for not playing NIU though before today .

Did well with
Akron -2.5 -120 but didnt finish up my size
Missouri +7.5 -120 see above comment
TCU +1.5 and PK
Nevada -19.5

My score of the week at the moment is
Stanford +3.5 -130 heavy on the vig but I have a -2.5 pt fav at +3.5 for the cost of 20 cents ( 6pts for 20 cents???) . I'll take that tradeoff ...

Thanks everyone always good to be aware of . :cheers:

Its amazing how we get the plays posted in these threads and nobody ever wants to review them, but each week people say he has done good or bad w/o checking. Last week he was awful. His 3 opinions went 3-0, too bad those weren't his plays that he told folks to actually bet on. His 2 stars were 1-1 so he got juiced and lost money. His three stars were 1-2.

I don't remember if Arkansas State was a 2 or 3 star, but that shit was laughable. You don't lay multiple touchdowns in the Sun Belt. Its just not done. A handicapper would know that, a statistician/mathematician/computer analyst would not. His numerical analysis is superb, maybe second to none, but you need art with your science and science with your art in order to be a complete handicapper. Laying big points on the road for a Thursday night game is usually a death sentence and especially in the case of FSU-NCSU which is often closer than it ought to be. So I did not like that one either.

It is unfair though to be a Monday morning QB and critisize his plays after they've lost. So I will pick on two that I don't like that have yet to go.

I think Stanford is highly questionable. The only team they beat on the road was UW and that was the game when Locker got hurt so the team wasn't ready to respond in his absence. The talent between these two is similar, maybe even an edge to the Bruins. You know Chow will make all the halftime adjustments to keep them in the game just as he does every week, so unless Stanford can get out to a multiple TD lead at the half they are in deep shit.

I also question just how good Akron is at this point. They clearly are a middle of the pack MAC team. EMU is not good, but they have proven time and time again they can be dangerous, so I wouldn't want to be laying those points on the road either. Favorites in the MAC are just very suspect to begin with which is why I wouldn't take NIU either, but that one is probably a little better given Toledo's situation.

And I don't necessarily see AZ/Cal as an UNDER game, but I suck at totals anyway. Tenn -7 might be alright, but 7.5 is dangerous.

I think the best plays he recommends are OSU -pts vs. Baylor as the Pokes should run for about 350 and may pass for another 200. I think Iowa is a solid lay, and I think Nevada will come free and clear of USU by about 5 TDs.

OSU, PSU, Mizz, Navy, and USM I have no opinions on, but I do find myself leaning towards the Dr in most of those games.

think Stanford is highly questionable. The only team they beat on the road was UW and that was the game when Locker got hurt so the team wasn't ready to respond in his absence. The talent between these two is similar, maybe even an edge to the Bruins. You know Chow will make all the halftime adjustments to keep them in the game just as he does every week, so unless Stanford can get out to a multiple TD lead at the half they are in deep shit.

I also question just how good Akron is at this point. They clearly are a middle of the pack MAC team. EMU is not good, but they have proven time and time again they can be dangerous, so I wouldn't want to be laying those points on the road either. Favorites in the MAC are just very suspect to begin with which is why I wouldn't take NIU either, but that one is probably a little better given Toledo's situation.

And I don't necessarily see AZ/Cal as an UNDER game, but I suck at totals anyway. Tenn -7 might be alright, but 7.5 is dangerous.

I think the best plays he recommends are OSU -pts vs. Baylor as the Pokes should run for about 350 and may pass for another 200. I think Iowa is a solid lay, and I think Nevada will come free and clear of USU by about 5 TDs.

Great thoughts Garfather. Glad to see that kinda thinking about the Stanford game. While I have pretty much eliminated UCLA I still have that lean and at correct number may still play.

EMU-Akron thoughts are very good as well.

That total is puzzling. Almost points to a one-sided game in all honesty.

jester, the plays I saw listed for him were Kansas STate (win), UNC (loss), Ark St (loss), Oregon (loss), and one other win.

Maybe this thread isn't getting the correct plays posted in.

2 Star Selection
South Carolina (-1.0) 20 KENTUCKY 10

3 Star Selection
Kansas St. (-2.5) 34 TEXAS A&M 21

3 Star Selection
NORTH CAROLINA (-8.0) 35 Notre Dame 18

2 Star Selection
ARKANSAS ST. (-13.0) 42 UL Monroe 20

3 Star Selection
OREGON (-18.0) 44 UCLA 16

College Strong Opinions

SMU (+25.0) 30 Tulsa 49

Boise St. (-10.5) 38 SOUTHERN MISS 21

Clemson 17 at WAKE FOREST 16 UNDER 42.0

I was juding against those. If that information is incorrect, I apologize.

I agree with Garfather but in fairness this was the 1st losing week for him . Everything else has been spot on till now. Like I saidearlier though it seemed like he piggy backed every game that one could consider moved by sharp money already .

I have Stanford and think they are clearly the better team and improving . Off the top of my head what has UCLA done besides the Tenny game ? Struggle to beat Wash State thats all I recall .

The problem with EMU is they have no home field edge in the sense there play doesnt improve on either side of the ball really . I have a small play on Akron at -2.5 and would consider middling at +6 which is more in line with what I expected . EMU may have not played poorly a Army but they were also about a FG dog .

GL

9 College Best Bets this week

Rotation #304 TCU (-2) 2-Stars at -2 1/2 or less.
Rotation #339 Akron (-3 1/2) 3-Stars at -6 or less, 2-Stars at -6 1/2 or -7, 4-Stars at -2 1/2 points.
Rotation #350 Navy (+3) 2-Stars at +3 (-115 odds or better) or more.
Rotation #353 Missouri (+5) 3-Stars at +3 1/2 or more, 4-Stars at +6 or more, 2-Stars at +3.
Rotation #358 Northern Illinois (-8 1/2) 3-Stars at -9 or less, 2-Stars at -9 1/2 or -10.
Rotation #360 Nevada (-21) 2-Stars at -23 or less.
Rotation #364 Penn State (-23 1/2) 3-Stars at -26 or less, 2-Stars at -26 1/2 or -27.
Rotation #367 Oregon State (-14) 3-Stars at -16 1/2 or less, 2-Stars at -17.
Rotation #393 Stanford (-1 1/2) 2-Stars at -3 or less, 3-Stars at -1 or better.

6 Strong Opinions

Rotation #301 Florida State (-11) Strong Opinion at -13 or less, 2-Star Best Bet at -10 or less.
Rotation #322 Iowa (-3 1/2) Strong Opinion at -5 or less, 2-Star Best Bet at -3 or less (-1.12 odds or better).
Rotation #334 Tennessee (-7 1/2) Strong Opinion at -9 or less, 2-Star Best Bet at -7 (-115 odds or less).
Rotation #345 Southern Miss (+2) Strong Opinion at +2 or more, 2-Star Best Bet at +3 or more (-115 odds or better).
Rotation #371-372 Cal at Arizona UNDER (54 1/2) Strong Opinion Under 54 or higher.
Rotation #378 Oklahoma State (-16 1/2) Strong Opinion at -17 or less.

Thanks DDK :cheers:

Back