Oct 13 Plays from North of the Border

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
YTD: 4-4 +$36.60
Totals: 1-1
Sides: 3-3

Thursday was brutal, lol. Anyways moving on.

Buffalo -0.5 Regulation $300 to win $228.90
Caps playing b2b road games, Buffalo coming off a solid home win against Atlanta. Kolzig was very busy yesterday for the Caps and if it weren't for his pathetic offense, perhaps Washington could of gotten something from the Rangers. Either way expect Buffalo to pick up from their big win.

Vancouver -0.5 Regulation $300 to win $265
2nd part of a home and home series. Canucks easily beat the Oilers yesterday for their 7th straight win against Edmonton and look for 8 straight. I think that beating from the Flyers woke them up. Roloston should be in goal for the Oilers who used Garon in net yesterday. Shouldn't matter.

Nashville ML $500 to $373
My first big play of the season. Calgary coming off a hard fought win in Dallas and now play the next day in Nashville. Preds are coming off a loss to the Coyotes at home even so this should be a good spot for them to wake up. Calgary still not a very good road team.

Philadelphia Flyers -0.5 $300 to win $285.60
Islanders are coming off a huge blowout loss to the Leafs. Flyers should be all smiles with a very big win over the Canucks. That flight back from the west coast must of been very easy. Islanders must be scratching their heads wondering what went wrong.

Off to work, might play some more in the later games when i get back

GL Mikey...love the avatar hahaha :D

Btw I'll probably be on the Sabres myself, still not sure about Nashville...don't want to get burned by Calgary two days in a row...

Let's cash em
:cheers:

YTD: 4-4 +$36.60
Totals: 1-1
Sides: 3-3

Thursday was brutal, lol. Anyways moving on.

Buffalo -0.5 Regulation $300 to win $228.90
Caps playing b2b road games, Buffalo coming off a solid home win against Atlanta. Kolzig was very busy yesterday for the Caps and if it weren't for his pathetic offense, perhaps Washington could of gotten something from the Rangers. Either way expect Buffalo to pick up from their big win.

Vancouver -0.5 Regulation $300 to win $265
2nd part of a home and home series. Canucks easily beat the Oilers yesterday for their 7th straight win against Edmonton and look for 8 straight. I think that beating from the Flyers woke them up. Roloston should be in goal for the Oilers who used Garon in net yesterday. Shouldn't matter.

Nashville ML $500 to $373
My first big play of the season. Calgary coming off a hard fought win in Dallas and now play the next day in Nashville. Preds are coming off a loss to the Coyotes at home even so this should be a good spot for them to wake up. Calgary still not a very good road team.

Philadelphia Flyers -0.5 $300 to win $285.60
Islanders are coming off a huge blowout loss to the Leafs. Flyers should be all smiles with a very big win over the Canucks. That flight back from the west coast must of been very easy. Islanders must be scratching their heads wondering what went wrong.

Off to work, might play some more in the later games when i get back

Toronto_Mike,

On the other side of the first two games you've got listed today. At least one of will get a win.

Btw, Mike, what's your take on the Leafs tonight? They're coming off a momentum boosting win...against the Pens who aren't clicking so far...Staal no points as of yet, Crosby still trying to shake off the injury, Fleury hasn't been sharp...

I'm thinking 1.92 for TORONTO ML is a bit too high, and am leaning that way but I'd like to hear some Leaf connosseur thoughts before.
(others can answer as well, I'm curious to hear your insight)
Thanks.

:shake:

I can't trust the Leafs yet Satyr. In my opinion, this line is juicy for PIT as I pegged them to contend for the Eastern conference title this year. Raycroft is still unpredicatable in net and lets not kid ourselves, he wasn't exactly playing a high octane offense type of team the other night against New York. However, because of their slow start right now, I cannot back PIT for this game. For me, the safer play is the total as I feel this will be a high scoring game on Hockey Night In Canada.

By the way, good luck T Mike as I'm also on a few of your plays!

Thanks for your (always valuable) feedback DX.

I've been watching the Pens and as a big fan of not so much the franchise but this generation (with Sidney, Malkin, Staal, Fleury, lots of SUPER TALENTED youngsters)...however as I said...Staal is still without a point, not playing well, Sidney is playing with an injury, Fleury hasn't been sharp...

I do expect them to bounce back and start playing very well, but I can't trust them right now. I was (and still am) counting on Toronto to keep riding that momentum off a convincing win, playing at home where they're better...I think they're better than their record shows right now, they haven't fared well against Ottawa in recent seasons so two losses against them and one against high flying Canes...it's understandable (not such heavy defeat however)...

I do think they're underpriced here.

GL.

some points on the tor/pit game:

toskala will be in net for the leafs... staal had a hat trick last year in toronto playing in front of friends and family. Gary roberts plays very well against his ex -team and Crosby is due for a break out
game.

Thanks B. Bill, it has been confirmed here on news reports (yes, in Toronto, starting goaltender is deemed news worthy. You'll find news about the war on Iraq in the back page) that Vesa is in net.

Sucks to be Raycroft. You can see the plan is already unfolding to meld Vesa as the number 1 goalie even though Maurice has tried his best to pretend that wasn't the ultimate plan to begin with. Nice try there.

hey T-mike I just heard that Sanford might be getting the start in for the Canucks tonite?? still like the play?

Back