Obvious Points Scandal

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
Why else would Utah State not kneel on it? I don't give a shit what anyone says. They wanted to cover that spread over just kneeling on it. What's more? Arkansas State laying down to let them score. It was classic. 7pt lead and a kneel out was all that was needed. BUT a TD would cover the 9pt spread so Utah State kept running plays while Arkansas state laid down. There's no denying what just happened.

With all the booster money needing you to cover, I am surprised more coaches don't do it. Brutal beat for Arkansas State backers. Brutal.

Every coach would protect the ball by kneeling on it. Utah State could have done that 3 different times. Total bs

I didn't see the game, but Baylor didn't kneel either; they just didn't score.

They weren't in a kneel situation until after the last punt by rice. ran one play at midfield and game ended.

When they were down at the goal line there was still a lot of time left. You couldn't kneel. wish he had given his kicker some confidence down there

At least they run the ball. In the final minute against Colgate in week #1 Syracuse was passing the ball and running the hurry up offense, calling timeouts trying to score in the last minute with a 26 pt lead.

Why else would Utah State not kneel on it? I don't give a shit what anyone says. They wanted to cover that spread over just kneeling on it. What's more? Arkansas State laying down to let them score. It was classic. 7pt lead and a kneel out was all that was needed. BUT a TD would cover the 9pt spread so Utah State kept running plays while Arkansas state laid down. There's no denying what just happened.

No scandal teams to this all the time

Bs. You don't do this when a fumble and a score can tie you or beat you. They jeopardize a win by continuing to run. This game was all about covering the line.

With all the booster money needing you to cover, I am surprised more coaches don't do it. Brutal beat for Arkansas State backers. Brutal.

This is WAY more prevalent than anyone ever acknowledges. Some of these rich booster fucks want to win, cover and score a thousand points if you can. They understand nothing about how football should be played. And if you don't think boosters have a MAJOR influence on CFB coaches (especially in smaller schools) then I don't think you understand how the sport really works.

They weren't in a kneel situation until after the last punt by rice. ran one play at midfield and game ended.

When they were down at the goal line there was still a lot of time left. You couldn't kneel. wish he had given his kicker some confidence down there

OR

instead of rewarding the backup rb with a chance to score a td who was getting big yardage every time he touched the ball...they let the team manager/Rudy get some carries for no yardage.

I'm convinced Grobe doesn't want to cover the spread. Pulled the same shit up 41-0 at half during the first game.

OR

instead of rewarding the backup rb with a chance to score a td who was getting big yardage every time he touched the ball...they let the team manager/Rudy get some carries for no yardage.

I'm convinced Grobe doesn't want to cover the spread. Pulled the same shit up 41-0 at half during the first game.

Rudy is a decent comparison. He started the drive with #6 but after he looked great, he had to switch it up to the fullback who might be slower than half the offensive linemen for Baylor

Did you have Ark St or just pointing out an obvious kneel down situation that didnt take place?

I had Utah St - I thought the kneel downs were going to start once Ark St was out of timeouts and Utah St picked up a first down with under 2 min left on the Ark St 20. Ive been on the opposite side of these games too many times so yes it was nice to catch a break but I certainly agree the kneel downs were in play plus the fact that the two head coaches have a 20 yr friendship which certainly flies in the face of running the ball.

As a gambler, I want a coach who plays to the final whistle. I saw the final drive - it's not like Ark St was even putting 8 in the box -they're down a score yet the sense of urgency didnt seem to be there either.

That personal foul by Arky St. might have had something to do with it.

Game was very chippy and Utah St. needed the score for momentum IMO after scoring only 3 points in the 2h after DOMINATING the game early on.

To me, a TD late in a close game, to boost a kid's confidence, is well worth the risk vs. kneeing it out on the 1 foot line. Kudos to the coach for doing that.

I had Arky State for beer money. Utah State actually got a 1st down with over 2 minutes left and once the clock started, they could have waited until the clock got under 2 minutes to start the kneel downs. When you're within a score of being tied or losing, kneel down is the only call. Putting your team in a position to lose when victory has in your hands is negligent. It is what it is

I had Arky State for beer money. Utah State actually got a 1st down with over 2 minutes left and once the clock started, they could have waited until the clock got under 2 minutes to start the kneel downs. When you're within a score of being tied or losing, kneel down is the only call. Putting your team in a position to lose when victory has in your hands is negligent. It is what it is

i dont disagree but I doubt you post this if you had Utah St praising Matt Wells for his aggresive approach - you will win a game in similar fashion at some point as it evens out but only losing bets elicit posts like this.

i dont disagree but I doubt you post this if you had Utah St praising Matt Wells for his aggresive approach - you will win a game in similar fashion at some point as it evens out but only losing bets elicit posts like this.
I'd post this regardless. I'm a former coach. Coaches job is to win. When your players grind it out and have victory sealed, you seal it with a kneel down ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE WITHIN A SCORE. If you're up big and you're trying to get substitutes playing time then that's another story

I'd post this regardless. I'm a former coach. Coaches job is to win. When your players grind it out and have victory sealed, you seal it with a kneel down ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE WITHIN A SCORE. If you're up big and you're trying to get substitutes playing time then that's another story

Former coach here too ( basketball) so I know exactly the thought process.

i typically have the loser in these types of games which just shocks me to no end.

I was on Ark. St. and yes this was infuriating. You kneel that every time as the risk of a fumble return for TD is too high given the spot on the field. I tried to justify this as well of "future momentum" or "personal foul". Finding out the head coaches are good friends of 20 years as well also is curious...why not respect each other and kneel when the game is done?

It ended in a long embrace of what seemed like Utah St. HC apologizing or explaining why he did that. Who knows, but yea that sucked.

Back