Nugg's Now at -8 !!!!!!!!!!

Centex,

It's 8.5 @ my book. I am not so sure there is still GOOD VALUE in taking Denver tonight. I know the good cappers in this forum, Duy, BAR and Mista got it @ a better line. I missed the 4.5 this morning b4 going to work. I may have to just watch the game. As I think 8.5 may be too much.

I'd say 8.5 is to many. I'm aboslutely AMAZED that they're raising the line at this point. It's been common knowledge, at least here, that Johnson was out tonight. Not sure why it's taking this long unless somebody else is out or the Hawks just traded for AI and half their team is missing tonight.

JPicks said:
I'd say 8.5 is to many. I'm aboslutely AMAZED that they're raising the line at this point. It's been common knowledge, at least here, that Johnson was out tonight. Not sure why it's taking this long unless somebody else is out or the Hawks just traded for AI and half their team is missing tonight.

I would say its not them raising the line but getting a ton of cash to push this up so rapidly.....this line sat at 6 most of the day so this is odd to say the least

SportsNut said:
I would say its not them raising the line but getting a ton of cash to push this up so rapidly.....this line sat at 6 most of the day so this is odd to say the least

Well then that makes me ask the question, Who has this much cash that was waiting for a better line today? I'd hope if I'm in a position to change a line two points I'd be smart enough to get a better # than -6 when something opened at -3.5.

all the degenerates in NJ and NYC are gettin off work and heard BAR was playin it so they pounded it

Glad I locked in @ -5.5 now

Still, -3.5 would've been sweet

Could've also hit the Nugs ML @ -220 earlier and now Atlanta @ +280 r w/e it's at

Seriously, if this opened at 8.5, I feel like it would have been hammered down. What gives?

I'm at -4 -105. Trying to figure out what to do here...

JPicks said:
Well then that makes me ask the question, Who has this much cash that was waiting for a better line today? I'd hope if I'm in a position to change a line two points I'd be smart enough to get a better # than -6 when something opened at -3.5.

With JJ out I would think it would take alot LESS cash to move this...a few big guys come in take it from 6 to 7 then 7 to -8...doesnt take much...the other books follow the move to protect themselves...

As far as getting the -3.5...you gotta remember your dealing with overnite limits.....and I would think the books did the same earlier...took some big cash and moved it quickly...

I just think its seems odd and thats it more the Joe Pub simply playing only DENVER.....I could be wrong just my guess...

SportsNut said:
With JJ out I would think it would take alot LESS cash to move this...a few big guys come in take it from 6 to 7 then 7 to -8...doesnt take much...the other books follow the move to protect themselves...

As far as getting the -3.5...you gotta remember your dealing with overnite limits.....and I would think the books did the same earlier...took some big cash and moved it quickly...

I just think its seems odd and thats it more the Joe Pub simply playing only DENVER.....I could be wrong just my guess...

Agree with all of that. I still say the books, for once, fucked themselves though. No NBA line should ever move 5 points barring a trade after a line was released. The only reason I'm nervous about this game is the fact that they've left it on the board all day. With such a small card they have to have quite a bit of action on the Nuggs at this point. Obviously they can handle the loss if it happens. IMO this line would have gone to -5 or -5.5 even with JJ playing.

You were correct in your forward thing with JJ missing here and I think the books generally didnt pickup on that. Opening the game as if JJ would play here..to me 3.5 souns about right with JJ OUT about 6 w/o him...

Definetly an oddity to see this type of run...on a line.....according SI which I think is generally bullshit there has been some ATL bets as teh % on Den has dipped below 70 %...

BeLIEve811 said:
What do you guys think of the 1H -4.5?

I got home from work too late and missed the low game line.

I got involved 1st H @ -3.5 ....thinking along the same lines asyou...missed the boat..chances are they should be up at least 5 or 6 points at half if they are gonna cover the game spread...would try and get -4 but -4.5 will do IMO

Went very small Den -4.5 1H. I'm really thinking this is a square play at anything above 6 on the game line. I still see Den coming out firing tonight.

Its hard to say...in theory I agree...there isnt specific value in Den @ -8 or above -6.....this could just be one of those weird situations...

I think a good sign is how it took 8 to draw some ATL money.....so while the line is 8 you are probably see a game that ends up right around this number IMO... The betting public seemed t o agree 8 was to high but not enough to knock off 8 Or regardlss books didnt want anymore Nug monet below 8....lets see.....

Back