Notre Dame/Texas Discussion

braves

Pretty much a regular
Since everyone will be betting this game today, I figured we could come up with a winner here :cheers3:

Since everyone will be betting this game today, I figured we could come up with a winner here :cheers3:

Texas fan here, but I ain't taking them. Going Under 30 1H. Gotta run, will try and explain later if I get time

Interesting trend supporting UT that was posted at blankets

[FONT=&quot]1. Teams that lose 3 games or fewer the previous year (i.e., teams contending for major bowls or the national championship and/or very good teams the previous year) that,

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. Beat their current Week 1 opponent (in this case it's Notre Dame who beat Texas last year), by more than 21 points (Notre Dame crushed Texas last year 38-3 in week 1),[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]are a whopping

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]6-33-1 ATS

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]when they play that team the following year in their opening game.[/FONT]

If swoopes starts it means under, if Beuchele starts it means over. If Swoopes starts and gets replaced by Beuchele it means first half under, second half over.

With pace of play for Texas, I thought for sure they would get the total wrong and you could just go over .. but it looks like they got it right.

Scored the A1 slot on my southwest flight from hobby to AUS and this has to ensure an upset for my Longhorns.

If OL is functional, Texas wins. If not, Texas loses. Hard to gauge the severity of Vahe, Shackelford and Nickelson'd ankle injuries but my guess is they all play.

If the OL comes out Fighting and can clear some holes in the power run game against a stout intere or Irish DL, Texas' running game should open up some one on one coverages for Burt, Johnson, Heard and the secret weapon in the slot Devin Duvernay.

Texas 31
Notre Dame 27

Texas is a banger here. Peel back the layers and in no way, shape or form should ND be laying road wood.

Lost their top back, 3 of 5 on the OL, lost 7 of top 8 receivers and return ONE guy with more than 3 catches, 2 of top 3 DL gone, Top 2 LB gone, and the secondary is a total mess right now. Zaire/Kizer dynamic not good either as they've split reps and each has had half their time taken in fall camp from developing rapport with WR.

Strong has done it the hard way but he's trimmed the fat at Texas. FR or not at QB, Texas is going to have a strong run game and defense. National TV + big revenge too.

Texas should win this game easily.

Agree on Duvernay, can't wait to see him. No play for me, just don't know how Buechele will handle this much so early.

Heading to the stadium in about 10 minutes. Should be a great atmosphere.

WEATHER....we have some rain showers that are forecasted just before kickoff. No lightening predicted.
90° at kickoff. Showers will be scattered in our area.

Scary, you all on Texas. I think the Irish take it away, even with a bunch of rookies. GL all

Judging by this thread I think Notre dame covers this match.

Texas is a mental shortcut pick. No football reasons they can cover other than Notre Dane lost players to graduation.

Sure they hey may have lost players but Texas has arguably the worst qb in all of football in swoops.

When everyone is thinking the same thing no one is thinking. Especially with the use of mental shortcuts

Line play and RUNNIng backs and qb edge and coaching edge is all Notre dame.

I hear about texas returning players from last year? This is supposed to be a positive? It's a negative they were no good with these players from last year.

Strong Charlie is going to come out too Hyped like a little HULKAMANIAC , while Kelly stands coy with his play calling sheet out coaching the outmatched Strong.

Dont overthink this. Texas is crap.

Beuchel is starting

Exactly they are starting a freshmen over a senior qb with tons of playing time?

Why? Because Texas players are not good. At least the ones recruited in the past 4 seasons

Notre dame is a better football team , only edge Texas can claim is the game is being played in Texas stadium.

When everyone calls the upset it's not smart $$. It's what I call Arrogant money.

Agree on Duvernay, can't wait to see him. No play for me, just don't know how Buechele will handle this much so early.

Frank, was that the loudest game you have ever attended, and if not which game was ? I remember 1990 night game vs Houston and the David Klinger undefeated team as being the loudest game I ever attended in Austin but last night seemed off the charts, just wanted to hear your take.

Happy to say I underestimated how big Buechele would play. Great to see exciting football back in Austin. We haven't had a crowd like that in 6 or 7 years.

Texas is a banger here. Peel back the layers and in no way, shape or form should ND be laying road wood.

Lost their top back, 3 of 5 on the OL, lost 7 of top 8 receivers and return ONE guy with more than 3 catches, 2 of top 3 DL gone, Top 2 LB gone, and the secondary is a total mess right now. Zaire/Kizer dynamic not good either as they've split reps and each has had half their time taken in fall camp from developing rapport with WR.

Strong has done it the hard way but he's trimmed the fat at Texas. FR or not at QB, Texas is going to have a strong run game and defense. National TV + big revenge too.

Texas should win this game easily.

This post got me on Texas last night! Thank you Johnny!

Back