Notre Dame/Duke: What am I missing?

homefry

Long time lurker--appreciate all the knowledge shared here as opposed to other unnamed boards.

Game opened -21.5, down to 18.5 I've been thinking this is a bounce week for ND-they need to get the season going with a big game. Watched Duke/NW last week, and was very unimpressed by Duke. Very surprised by line movement, can't find any injury reports that would move 3 points.

At home, a team they can dominate line of scrimmage, etc.

Talk me off the ledge...

Duke's pathetic. But ND's season goals are now gone 3 games into the year. Can Kelly get them off the mat? If you trust him to do that successfully, ND will have no issue covering here because, again, Duke is that bad.

Thanks--I dislike playing what I would consider such as "square" game, but think ND needs a statement game for a lot of different reasons. also think Iowa is in a bounce mode against Rutgers, but confidence level not as high on that game.

What do I know...I liked Clemson -7 2H last night!

What do I know...I liked Clemson -7 2H last night!

You knew that was dead with Dabo had that 4th and 1/2 yard at the Clemson 45 early in the 2H. They're going for it - Watson goes up to the line, calls a timeout seemingly to discuss the play call. And the play call becomes a punt.

i guess i don't see duke as that bad. completely even game with NW last week on the road. I doubt NW would be getting 21.5 or even 18.5 here.

Hopefully what you are missing is less tackles than ND missed against MSU. I think Notre Dame should handle duke. But ... sort of a big deal for Duke kids to be playing notre dame at notre dame and this is a rare case where Kelly is the lesser coach.

ND is 1-4 their last 5 games. Awful defense. And sorry to say this VK, a very average coach.

The nature of college football, I agree that ND season is over (mentally) and have no idea how they're motivated to dominate this one

Back