North Carolina @ USF

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
This is my favorite early play. This is the first time the South Florida Bulls have been ranked but the coach, Jim Leavitt, doesnt want to hear it.

"For me, it (being ranked) doesn't change anything" Leavitt said. "We've prepared for over 100 games with never being ranked. I am not getting moved by it one way or another. I am just focused on North Carolina and playing well."

I like that attitude in a coach and he is certaintly conveying that to this team. This team is making great strides and has gotten the attention of everyone here in Florida since last season. Today they play North Carolina who are 1-2 but might be better than that record indicates. They lost to East Carolina and Virginia by a combined 5 points. It could have gone either way. But........Offensively NC has been pretty inconsistent. Virginia's Cedric Peerman rushed for 186 yds on 30 carries. Last year the Bulls ran for 234 yds against NC and it was at NC with a 37-20 victory. Today we get them at home.
I like USF's QB Matt Grothe. Not only can he throw but he can run with the ball. He has 26 rushes for 100 yds. Their running backs should do real well too. They ran for a good amount against Auburn when noone else had been able to do that. On the other hand, NC has freshman QB T.J. Yates. He has thrown for over 300 yds in the past 2 games with 9 TD's for the season. But dont worry, USF is very aware of him.
Will USF be looking ahead to their next game against 5th ranked WV? "Looking ahead is a real big concern because everyone wants to think about the bigger games coming up, but coach reminds us if we lose this game, the others dont matter," USF defensive end George Selvie said.

Im taking the USF Bulls for another great win today.
USF -12 1/2 :cheers:

Amen Shark... Amen..

I hate Butch Davis as a coach, since I'm a Browns fan. Never thought he was any good.

Going with USF

I like it, Shark, and I'm thinking about joining you. Just think USF is too superior in skill. The lookahead isn't so much of a factor I think. USF is off a bye and could have used abit of that time to focus on WVU and fixing their kicking game before prepping for UNC this week.

Under 2 TDs looks tempting.

YOU AND ME BRO! LETS GET EM SPANISH!!!

ARIBA ARRRRRIBA!

(sp?)

Sorry about starting another thread about the game... I didn't realize you made a post with your pick on this... glad we think alike here! Line should be USF -17

If I were to choose a side on this one, i would be right there with ya. Just worried about UNC's defense stepping this one up. But good luck bud.
:cheers:

YOU AND ME BRO! LETS GET EM SPANISH!!!

ARIBA ARRRRRIBA!

(sp?)

Sorry about starting another thread about the game... I didn't realize you made a post with your pick on this... glad we think alike here! Line should be USF -17

Not a problem sir. You should always start your own no matter who has one just so you have a record of your picks. And to answer your question, my mother is spanish and my dad is Italian. hehe What a combo. Talk about tempers...:36_11_6:

Vey Nice Forza.....Another landslide win. That makes 3-0 this week and none of them close .. :shake:money;

Now I'm rooting for another spanking by LSU :tiphat:

Worried about LSU here though. Spurrier probably has some tricky plays up his sleeve... and I still don't know how healthy LSU's qb is for the game. Didn't he have a sore right leg/ankle?

Pray they have a great offensive showing:prayer

I think Matt Flynn is OK. LSU needs this game to stay up in the polls. And another thing, Spurrier is only as good as his player's talents and they are not quite there yet so I'm not worried.

LSU taking it to the house 'an_horse'

Hey Spanish.

Would you take Michigan State -10 at Notre Dame?

I'm thinking about taking the winnings from the USF game down the middle and put half on MSU...

Back