North Carolina at Miami DISCUSSION - Thursday Night

Does anyone know what to make of UNC?

Miami with upgrade at QB, is Perry starter?

That's a lot of points

Does anyone know what to make of UNC?

Miami with upgrade at QB, is Perry starter?

That's a lot of points

Check out my thread for updated info on the suspensions and a few other insights. For what it's worth, I locked in the Heels at 18.5 earlier this week.

Yes I did Carolinablue. I appreciate you for posting that info there to save us time to track down some of that stuff on our own!

Yes I did Carolinablue. I appreciate you for posting that info there to save us time to track down some of that stuff on our own!

No problem, happy to help. Just posted a few additional thoughts around Carney, Chazz and a few other insights into why I am taking the Heels on Thursday night. As always, follow at your own risk!

What is the UNC OL like because Gerald Willis is turning into a one-man wrecking crew

Willis has made his name known on the Hurricanes defensive front mainly due to his pass-rushing. His 90.0 pass-rushing grade ranks fourth at the position while his overall grade of 86.1 ranks 15th. He has registered 12 QB pressures, including two sacks, two QB hits and eight additional hurries – all on just 73 pass-rushing snaps. His pass-rush productivity of 9.7 ranks tied for eighth among all interior defensive linemen.

1805-Breakout-Stars-Gerald-Willis-III.jpg

What is the UNC OL like because Gerald Willis is turning into a one-man wrecking crew

Solid yet unspectacular. The Pitt game was by far their best game in terms of opening up holes for the running game and protecting Nathan to give him time to make good decisions. I know most will say, "yeah, but that was Pitt", but remember, we didn't do a good job up front against ECU so I definitely saw the improvement as I watched both games from start to finish. They are attributing it to greater communication amongst the guys and also the fact that they have started to gel since they haven't had to switch or backfill due to injuries, so needless to say that is a huge plus in the equation. Also, with backup center Anderson and backup tackle Tucker coming back from suspension, they will add more depth to the unit, which again is something they haven't had in a while. Overall, I expect Miami to get their customary tackles for loss and QB pressures, but if the OL continues to play like they did last game, Miami won't be able to steamroll them like some might assume will happen as the unit is definitely showing improvement with each passing game and really that is all you can ask for.

I see it being a 41-24 game. Unc getting 10-14 of there points late

Back