Nonito Donaire vs Guillermo Rigondeaux (4/13/13)

Donaire said he wasn't prepared. Obviously it showed. He had no idea how to fight him. I've never seen him that unprepared

Donaire said he wasn't prepared. Obviously it showed. He had no idea how to fight him. I've never seen him that unprepared

Right. Just continue to give no credit to Rigondeaux. Donaire had 2 years to "prepare". Spare me the excuses.

"Donaire said'.

Victor Ortiz said "I'm a tree, bro". Quite clearly, he never trained to fight Mayweather, as a tree. Immediate rematch is in order.

No shit? Damn I couldn't get anything live. Just wanted to see a good fight. Pretty one sided.

EXACTLY what I was thinking...shout out to the doc that performed that work.

Never mind, just performed hours of research on this matter...Mrs Donaire, Rachel Marcial, is preggo. Kinda thought so looking at those Tigs. So, there lies the reason those titties are so swollen.

Reading up some more I'm seeing that they're saying his wife's pregnancy and preparing for their sons birth has consumed his life. This is probably why he appeared to be so unprepared for tonight's fight.

Just a few quick thoughts from my somewhat intoxicated viewing last night: Props to Rigo betters, he was the right side. This fight reminded me of Ray Leonard v Haglar, with Rigo the slick matador leading the angry bull around the ring all night and picking his shots at will. I was screaming at the TV from rd 2 on for Donaire to cut the ring off and he simply followed Rigo around like a dopey ass victor ortiz would. Who knows where his mind was last night, I certainly don't, looked like he was just there cashing a big check and not wanting to get in a war right before his kid was born. It was painfully obvious Rigo was gassing after round 7 but Donaire just refused to pressure and fight on the inside he just kept head hunting with that left hook and Rigo could see it coming from a mile away. I have plenty of thoughts on the massive lack of communication between Garcia and Donaire in the corner last night but I'll save those thoughts for after I get a sober re-watch in as I missed some of the between rd corner banter.

And I guess I dont buy Donaire not "studying" for a fight with the most decorated amatuer boxer in history

I mean if that is true....wow. I cannot believe that....I think he laid out as many excuses as shots he took to the face

And I guess I dont buy Donaire not "studying" for a fight with the most decorated amatuer boxer in history

I mean if that is true....wow. I cannot believe that....I think he laid out as many excuses as shots he took to the face

He was outclassed, and started making excuses, imo. Donaire got in the ring, and things didn't go the way he thought they were going to, and he had no plan B. But apparently, plan A was "RAWR! PUNCH HARD!", so that's really not too surprising. :)

Back