No doubt........

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
Back from the game.....50 yard line seats and all.......

Hawaii was outmatched in every area, defense, offense, special teams...OSU was bigger, stronger and faster.........

Our weak schedule gave us a false sense of big numbers.....

The BEST of the WAC is average in the BCS Conferences.......

Harsh reality to the 50,000 I sat with........

Good job OSU backers......
moneybag.gif

Hawaii's big offensive numbers are there to stay though.......
surprised.gif

Catch everyone next year.......
Peace_5.gif

Didn't watch much of the game, but I turned it on late and was like wtf... ah well... glad i didn't ahve too much on them. Thanks for the great year in CFB Hawaiiguy... definately won me more than I lost.

Hope the team does well in the bowl as well...

I did not see the game , but did notice in the box score that Hawaii out gained Oreg st 504 to 316, would have never had a clue that Hawaii was out matched, as always appreciate your input HG.

I really wanted to watch it, but couldn't hang in there that late. Sorry the Bows didn't prevail. HG love your threads, kudos on a good year.

Much respect Hawaii guy. I watched the Oregon St vs USC game and yes USC gave them that game, with all their turnovers.. but the beavers werent chop liver. I kind of figured and even mentioned it in the last thread. I thought theyd have a chance to win but i figured the bows would kick a fg late to win. Anyway its a statement for the pac10.. I still dont understand how oregon st isnt in the top 25.. Oh well Nice year buddy

Good stuff bro....I was surprised by this one...very surprised...

I totally misread it and I'm curious to see who OSU plays in the bowl game as they're still under the radar..

Guess I was still hating on them blowing that ORE game for me and winning by two as a three point chalk...lol.

I did watch the first half before i fell asleep. I thought Colt was extremly accurate.. from what i can tell, when i wasnt blinded by all the trash on the field ;)

Would love to hear a little more of a breakdown myself, as I caught myself box-score watching and was trying to figure out how they outgained them like that, yet still lost. To hear you say "outmatched in every area, defense, offense, special teams...OSU was bigger, stronger and faster........."

That really surprised me. Was hoping you could go into a smidge more detail, as I have to get these two teams pegged right for their respective bowl games...

Thanks, and good work this FB season...

CollegeKingRex said:
Would love to hear a little more of a breakdown myself, as I caught myself box-score watching and was trying to figure out how they outgained them like that, yet still lost. To hear you say "outmatched in every area, defense, offense, special teams...OSU was bigger, stronger and faster........."

That really surprised me. Was hoping you could go into a smidge more detail, as I have to get these two teams pegged right for their respective bowl games...

Thanks, and good work this FB season...

Hawaii's offensive line was getting creamed.....Cot was sacked I think 7 times (was he even sacked 7 times all year?) and under quite a bit of pressure......our running game was held under a 100 for the first time in a long time......it may sound really strange, but Hawaii was FORCED to throw instead of electing to throw.....

Their receivers were too big and fast, thus explains 11 completions, and 3 for touchdowns.....

The Kickoff return for the TD was incredible.......

Big plays for OSU while Hawaii had to chip away for small gains (thus 31 first downs).......we had to play in their hands, they easily kept our receivers in front until they were able to get sacks or the interceptions.....

Hawaii missed 2 fg's early......thus the game......Hawaii can compete, but we realize we have a long way to go to face the upper echelon of BCS COnference teams.....

all good points hawaii.. i dont know how boise dismantled oregon st.. they are definately an improving team with a qb who has nfl potential. I was impressed with bess though in the first half.. i think yall were missing ur first string rb as well. As far as the 2 missed kicks.. one was really long and into the wind so who knows.. i prob would have gone for it on 4th down there

I like Bess as well..

Hawaiiguy, How many returning starters are back on offense and defense and what does the schedule look like for next yr

everythingthatsgreen said:
I like Bess as well..

Hawaiiguy, How many returning starters are back on offense and defense and what does the schedule look like for next yr

Our schedule next year is BRUTALLY WEAK.....we have only 9 games, and no Division I teams want to play us, we are getting turned down by everyone......you may see a whole bunch fo D-IAA teams......also we catch Fresno and Boise at home.....I dont think we can make a weaker schedule worst than that......

Hawaii returns Brennan (so far, if he doesnt elect the NFL), our entire receiving corp (plus we have a Freshman receiver who runs a 4.2 40 who is supposed to be the next Ashley Lelie according to June Jones). We lose both big backs, but we did pick up that Parade All-American 4.35 RB from Nebraska. We lose 3 offensive linemen, 2 probably to the NFL. However, Hawaii produces big Samoan linemen like water, and we have some good ones coming up.....

Our defense returns the entire LB corps which is good, 3 of 4 in the secondary. Our loss on defense is our strong safety and bothe defensive ends......

Thanks for the info.. I like Bess and the other receivers, I would like to see Colt stay and you guys fill those 3 games with some quality teams but I guess that doesn't look like it is going to happen. You do play OSU again next yr I assume? Bama is off the schedule? Purdue done?

Back