NL Central Betting Recap and Futures Article

I think a degrom trade makes sense for them. They just have too many 3/4 types.

The Brewers cannot afford to pillage their farm system for deGrom. They need to keep building for the future because it is not their time yet. I think the best is yet to come for this team.

Next season they should have a healthy Jimmy Nelson to go along with all the good young arms like Burnes, Woodruff, and Peralta. I don't understand why fans are being so impatient. Keston Hiura will be ready to take over second base and he is a legitimate stud. Just bite the bullet and make a few small rental pickups like Asdrubral Cabrera that won't cost any real prospects.

The national media is full of idiots pushing this team to go all in. If this team continues to do things right and I fully trust David Stearns they should be contenders for years to come.

Big market teams can afford to trade 4 or 5 great prospects for one pitcher because they can always enter the free agent market to fill holes. Teams like Milwaukee, Kansas City, and Cleveland must keep a pipeline of talent coming each year because their payrolls will not allow them to do it any other way.

The -300 makes sense when you consider that Cubs were pretty decent favorites even when Milwaukee was up. Cubs also have a 5 game lead in the loss column. I’d be shocked if they don’t win this division. I think Brewers finish third without any big moves.

Sadly I agree, I have small glimmer of hope cards play much better but even if they did still might not be enough., Cubs do need another starter tho imo, the 2 guys they brought in kinda suck. Chatwood can’t hit the broad side of a barn and Yu just isn’t all that great.

Cubs offense is head and shoulders better than rest of division (hell cincy prob has second best lineup). Even with rizzo having a down year this far and Bryant being hurt a lot they still 5th in all baseball in runs scored and 3rd in ops I believe, that scary considering ya gotta believe rizzo and Bryant will be better in 2nd half.

Shit, I feel like cubs starting rotation kinda weak but then I look at overall team era and ops and cubs right up there in top 5 or 6 overall. Lol. -300 might be cheap actually!!

I disagree with all the Yu hate. Though, I’ve got a feeling we won’t get to see until next year. Think the injury is worse than they let on.

Shit, I feel like cubs starting rotation kinda weak but then I look at overall team era and ops and cubs right up there in top 5 or 6 overall. Lol. -300 might be cheap actually!!

Their defense is just flat out great. Bryant is only avg at third but Russell and Baez are as good as it gets. Heyward and Almora are as good as it gets, Schwarber has been fine and has a great arm, Contreras isn't a good framer (I'd rate him near the bottom, actually) but he can sure as fuck throw.

Next year cards starting rotation is gonna be filthy assuming Reyes can finally be healthy. I would assume we gonna get to see Hudson sometime before end of this year, always think it’s good to let these kids get a taste before they come into next season as a fixture in rotation. So many times you see them struggle so let’s get that out of way now!! Lol..

absolutely no way you can rely on Reyes to do anything but hit the DL

Their defense is just flat out great. Bryant is only avg at third but Russell and Baez are as good as it gets. Heyward and Almora are as good as it gets, Schwarber has been fine and has a great arm, Contreras isn't a good framer (I'd rate him near the bottom, actually) but he can sure as fuck throw.

Rizzo may be the best 1B in the game

i think Rizzo still matters to opposing pitchers and i'd want my most dangerous hitter to get the best pitches to hit that he can

i think Rizzo still matters to opposing pitchers and i'd want my most dangerous hitter to get the best pitches to hit that he can

Heyward might be the toughest out in the lineup right now. Him, Baez, Schwarber, and Happ are the 4 that inspire the most confidence right now. Hopefully, the big 2 get going. Good start to the second half tonight.

Heyward might be the toughest out in the lineup right now. Him, Baez, Schwarber, and Happ are the 4 that inspire the most confidence right now. Hopefully, the big 2 get going. Good start to the second half tonight.

Handed a win by our little league defense and new manager apparently not caring or well I can’t think of any other reason the relievers he would choose be Lyons and then even bigger garbage in bowman. Maybe he thought 6-4 was too much to overcome, lol.. luckily kicking the crap out of cardinals doesn’t mean much to their chances to win WS. Not sure how ya’ll scrubbies fans handled this for 100 years? I’m already fed up. :)

I see different sites claiming Carp‘s natural position to be third base others say first lol. Either way it‘s definitely not his first day at first

2B is his natural, been playing 3B because Wong is a better defender but Carp can't throw the ball across the diamond so now he's stealing the best hitter in the lineup's position

2B is his natural, been playing 3B because Wong is a better defender but Carp can't throw the ball across the diamond so now he's stealing the best hitter in the lineup's position

Surely you don’t believe Martinez a better hitter than carp? No chance. Martinez isn’t a 1st baseman either, he a DH who terrible at 1st., carp been best player on the team and a all star since May, just had a terrible 1st month when they once again tried moving him out of leadoff spot, for whatever reason guy needs to hit leadoff. When he does there been very few putting up better numbers than him from the 1 hole last several years.

If you want to know why I doubt the Brewers look at the lineup they are putting out for the first game out of the break. 5-9 is Saladino, Perez, Pina, Broxton and Wade Miley starting. Part of it is injuries but the lineup is all automatic outs after the 4 hitter and Wade Miley should not be in a contenders rotation.

Might be 1st time I’ve ever bet on Rich hill in this one tonight, and laying more juice than normal for me., doyers felt cheap to me tho.

Surely you don’t believe Martinez a better hitter than carp? No chance. Martinez isn’t a 1st baseman either, he a DH who terrible at 1st., carp been best player on the team and a all star since May, just had a terrible 1st month when they once again tried moving him out of leadoff spot, for whatever reason guy needs to hit leadoff. When he does there been very few putting up better numbers than him from the 1 hole last several years.

i think he's a better hitter vs LHP when Carp entered 6/40 vs Lester, but he clearly teed off today

The Brewers cannot afford to pillage their farm system for deGrom. They need to keep building for the future because it is not their time yet. I think the best is yet to come for this team.

Next season they should have a healthy Jimmy Nelson to go along with all the good young arms like Burnes, Woodruff, and Peralta. I don't understand why fans are being so impatient. Keston Hiura will be ready to take over second base and he is a legitimate stud. Just bite the bullet and make a few small rental pickups like Asdrubral Cabrera that won't cost any real prospects.

The national media is full of idiots pushing this team to go all in. If this team continues to do things right and I fully trust David Stearns they should be contenders for years to come.

They gonna win it with a offense who has capable hitters throughout lineup and that filthy pen. Imo they the favorite to win the NL and it not even close. Starters seem to relish their role of only needing to go 5, think it takes a lot of pressure off them and they seem willing to run their pitch count up if need be to navigate way thru lineup couple times before handing it over to all those pen studs.

Back