Nick Adenhart killed in car accident

RIP... cant stand ppl who drive drunk.. even tho alot of my stupid friends do... after 3 beers i dont get behind the wheel ever

Pretty shaken up by this...just saw him pitch pretty well last night...

Got some friends on vacation out west and now I'm worried about them, know its totally irrational, but its hard not to put yourselves in the friends shoes, the parents shoes, etc...

This is the saddest sports story I've heard in awhile. I hope that they give the person that hit him the death penalty. What a punk, you think if you get a suspended liscense you'd at least have enough common sense to not drive while drunk on it.

So sad man. Not only does this dipshit ruin the 3 people's lives he killed, he ruined his own to. Sad on all levels.

What gets me are the pictures of the accident. In many ways it's easy to brush it off and say you're sorry for someone's loss but when I see pictures of something like that, it just really bothers me.It really hits home that real people died in a brutal fashion because one person had no self control. So pointless.

RIP to all the family and friends for the victims.

Kind of ashamed at myself for not having paid my respects sooner...

We've lost a bright one today, but there is peace knowing his star will now shine in the heavens up above.

RIP Nick

Sometimes the guys at the ESPN website are either massive idiots or hopefully just dont read the news

this poll was up at ESPN today

6a00d83451b84f69e2011570115174970b-pi

Apparently Nick's dad will throw out the first pitch at the Angels game tonight.

Talk about tough. And, emotionally, how about that moment. Yow.

I saw an electronic billboard on my way to work today with a picture of Nick wishing the angel org's condolences to his family. It's brought a lot of people down this past day... still cant believe it. Angels better play their heart out tonight from a respect perspective..

I saw an electronic billboard on my way to work today with a picture of Nick wishing the angel org's condolences to his family.

These actually came out yesterday. I kind of couldn't believe it when I saw it. Perhaps the best use of these things--if you can say that in a situation like this.

The pre-game tribute was very touching tonight. Incredible video. Weaver went out and said a prayer prior while bowing to Adenhart's number before the game.

Then both teams met on their respective baselines for a moment of silence. Very professionally done and very touching.

Back