Nice scheduling Bettman

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I mean seriously. You have a great matchup with the potential for great ratings. Now, your going to split the Detroit market in half for the first three games of the Finals.

Simply ingenious:whip:

This guy's mission to single-handedly kill the game continues.

He's becoming the Dick Cheney of the NHL.
Seriously Joe,

I mean, this is going to be one helluva a series. I want to be able to see the whole thing instead of trying to watch two games at once. This series should be able to gain as much national attention as any Finals in recent memory yet he wants to split a city for a week when he could play on other nights while the NBA is out West. Just ridiculous.

390704206_af80b12d77.jpg

I mean, this is going to be one helluva a series.

Well, um, yeah, it's the Stanley Cup. Of course it 'should' be, but for crying out loud this is Gary Bettman.

The guy's proven he's a moron of the highest order and to do anything where you might take sports fans away from hockey, give them something else to watch, is just stupid. But it's par for the course for this guy.

This series should be creating more hockey fans, not forcing people to choose between which sport to follow, particularly since the NHL is never on regular TV any more and thus most people will opt for the NBA simply because it's more familiar.

Idiots.

How about the fact that Pens and Detriot didnt play once in the regular season? Shouldnt a team play every team in the league at least once? We played Detriot 0 times and Philly 8 (12 with the playoffs) times. Makes sense...

I agree, after he wins the championship, there wont be a doubt hell be right behind Wayne Gretzky

I agree, after he wins the championship, there wont be a doubt hell be right behind Wayne Gretzky

Exactly.

1. Mario.
2. Gretzky.
3. Sid the Kid (pending final number of Stanley Cups and the rest of his carrer).

nope..just see the series price, no props.

Wings minus 2 quarters and a nickel

Pens plus a quarter, a dime, and a nickel

the nhl did the same shit last weekend. thanks to the nba's dumbass scheduling of sa/no there was only one nba game all weekend: cavs/bos game seven which tipped sun at 3:30 eastern.

so what does bettman do to the pens/flyers battle of pa series, he plays the first day game of the series and drops the puck at 3:00 eastern.

i think this idiot thinks that starting his games a half hour before nba games will keep fans intersested. i'm at a loss and now we have deja-vu memorial day weekend with 2 teams from one city competing for ratings.

also i remember in like 2002 or 2003 the pens didn't play the red wings in pittsburgh at all either(i think they played one in detroit).

anyways, what we've got is the to most successful teams from each conference over the past 20 years

The problem he has is that they want a big audience for Hockey Night in Canada. Which is totally understandable since they signed that horrible deal with Versus and nobody in this country is even going to see it. But that doesn't excuse the Detroit issue.

They should have coordinated with the NBA, the NBA could have the day game the NHL could have the night game or whatever.

But, again, stupidity is par for the course with Bettman.

Back