NHLX 2013

hugh613

Pretty much a regular
YTD: 0-0, +/-0.00

Monday:

9/16/2013 7:00 PM NHL Hockey 21 Detroit Red Wings/Pittsburgh Penguins* Over 5½ -125
*Normally, I wouldn't touch pre-season, but the lineups look pretty good for this one (well, the top two lines at least), so might as well give it a whirl on a night where there's not much else going on (might make a play on the Sens later on depending on how this one turns out).

Based on today's morning skate, here are the Penguins' potential lines and defensive pairings:

14 Chris Kunitz - 87 Sidney Crosby - 9 Pascal Dupuis
36 Jussi Jokinen - 16 Brandon Sutter - 23 Chris Conner
39 Harry Zolnierczyk - 59 Jason Megna - 48 Dominik Uher
49 Brian Gibbons - 40 Nick Drazenovic - 27 Craig Adams

7 Paul Martin - 44 Brooks Orpik
58 Kris Letang - 3 Olli Maatta
47 Simon Despres - 5 Deryk Engelland

Tomas Vokoun is expected to start in net while Eric Hartzell is expected to relieve him at some point. Forward Matt D'Agostini was scheduled to play tonight but is doubtful on account of his wife going into labor.

For the Red Wings, according to MLive.com's Ansar Khan, here are their projected lines and defensive pairings:

40 Henrik Zetterberg - 13 Pavel Datsyuk - 8 Justin Abdelkader
71 Dan Cleary - 18 Joakim Andersson - 37 Mikael Samuelsson
21 Tomas Tatar - 41 Luke Glendenning - 29 Landon Ferraro
39 Anthony Mantha - 70 Calle Jarnkrok - 22 Jordin Tootoo

65 Danny DeKeyser - 4 Jakub Kindl
27 Kyle Quincey - 2 Brendan Smith
51 Brennan Evans - 53 Adam Almqvist

Jimmy Howard is expected to start in net and Petr Mrazek is expected to relieve him at some point.

http://blogs.post-gazette.com/sport...ojected-lines-for-red-wings-penguins-09-16-13

:cheers:

And for those interested in the Sens / Flames game being played in Saskatoon:

Calgary’s lineup tonight will look like this:

BAERTSCHI/STAJAN/D. JONES
REINHART/MONAHAN/POIRIER
HANOWSKI/JOORIS/B. JONES
KNIGHT/BACKLUND/MCGRATTAN

WOTHERSPOON/BRODIE
CUNDARI/O’BRIEN
BUTLER/SIELOFF

BERRA
RAMO

Spares: EDDY/CULKIN/LAMB/ORTIO

Ottawa, fresh off beating the Winnipeg Jets 3-1 in exhibition on Sunday night, is icing a roster that looks like this:

MACARTHUR/TURRIS/HOFFMAN
GRANT/SMITH/CONDRA
CONACHER/DA COSTA/ROBINSON
KRAMER/HAMILTON/O’BRIEN

PHILLIPS/CECI
BOROWIECKI-RUTKOWSKI
SDAO-CORVO

LAWSON
HAMMOND

http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2013/09/16/flames-roster-battles-continue-vs-ottawa-senators-in-saskatoon/

Thanks Karl. Considering how bitching cold it was here today, trust me, I can believe it... : )

I think the backup goaltenders are in for the 3rd, so hopefully goal number six comes quick...

Adding:

9/16/2013 9:00 PM NHL Hockey 26 Ottawa Senators (1st 60 min)* -½ +103 vs Calgary Flames (1st 60 min)
*Homer pick, but the only players I even recognize on the Flames are Matt Stajan and Brian McGrattan, so hopefully the Senators can get off to a 2-0 start to the pre-season.

:cheers: Thanks Santa.

YTD: 1-1, -0.22

Tuesday:

9/17/2013 7:00 PM NHL Hockey 33 New York Rangers/Philadelphia Flyers* Over 5½ -120

YTD: 1-2, -1.42

Wednesday:

9/18/2013 10:00 PM NHL Hockey 57 Edmonton Oilers/Vancouver Canucks* Over 5½ -115
*After getting outshot 42-16 on Monday night against the Sharks, Tortorella wants the Canucks to shoot, shoot and shoot some more tonight, so hopefully that leads to some Vancouver goals, and hopefully that leads to some quality chances at the other end as well. With Hall, Eberle, Hemsky and the Sedins up front tonight, it just might...

:cheers: Thanks bum - good luck to you this season as well.

Back