NHL Trade Deadline Moves

Didn’t they basically have to beg him to play this year as it is? Maybe Minnesota more to his liking?
So they signed him and within a week or two he’s telling the local media he’s probably retiring after this season.

I know it cast doubts in my mind about if he was truly committed to the team this season. From everything I’ve seen on the ice he’s been a true professional and their record would be worse without him in the net.

Selfishly, I really hope Kane gets moved but not until after Saturday in Vegas.

Davidson acted on that mandate Friday, shipping Brandon Hagel and two-fourth round picks to the Tampa Bay Lightning for two first round-picks and two prospects — Taylor Raddysh and Boris Katchouk — in a trade that sent shock waves through the league.

From the article

So they signed him and within a week or two he’s telling the local media he’s probably retiring after this season.

I know it cast doubts in my mind about if he was truly committed to the team this season. From everything I’ve seen on the ice he’s been a true professional and their record would be worse without him in the net.

Selfishly, I really hope Kane gets moved but not until after Saturday in Vegas.
He said on tsn, they talked to him after the trade, plan for now is he wants to play again next year, but wasn't sure.

Rakell to pens makes their middle six a lot better, assuming he plays with geno, but seems more of a fit with sid

They better not have given up much considering they are being carried by Shesterkin and the magic pixie dust wears off come playoff time.
Grigoriev saved like 50 shots yesterdsy didnt he?

Motte is a 4th, hes worth that, will be your best penalty killer

Haven't seen copp return but hes a good 2nd line center

Grigoriev saved like 50 shots yesterdsy didnt he?

Motte is a 4th, hes worth that, will be your best penalty killer

Haven't seen copp return but hes a good 2nd line center
Georgiev had the best game of his career. Hopefully some team seems him as a number one and trades us a first round pick this offseason.

Copp is a decent player but I think they overpaid. Still the odds of the Rangers winning two series and turning one of the picks into a first rounder is low so not too much damage done. Drury not getting completely fleeced is a victory in itself.

After starting the NHL Trade Deadline off by acquiring Kaapo Kahkonen and a 2022 fifth-round draft pick from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for Jacob Middleton, the San Jose Sharks continued to sell off whomever they could, trading forward Andrew Cogliano to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for Colorado’s own fifth-round pick in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft.

Signed in 2021 Free Agency, Cogliano played in 56 games for the Sharks this season, scoring 4 goals and 11 assists. Per Dobber Hockey’s line combinations tool, 39 percent of Cogliano’s ice time was spent with Nick Bonino and Matt Nieto, mostly on the third line. Cogliano also was a dependable penalty killer, seeing lots of shorthanded ice time, mainly playing with Logan Couture.

Georgiev had the best game of his career. Hopefully some team seems him as a number one and trades us a first round pick this offseason.

Copp is a decent player but I think they overpaid. Still the odds of the Rangers winning two series and turning one of the picks into a first rounder is low so not too much damage done. Drury not getting completely fleeced is a victory in itself.
Cant want for Drury to trade us Schneider and laf for miller at the draft

And what do you guys think about Giroux trade? Will Florida flop in the POs?

Btw hi there, I'm new!
Welcome to the site!

I think he fits in well, so much talent up front for them but hes probably best passer on team.

They are gonna play toronto or Boston, so I dont know if even going out in r1 is a huge flop, that division has 4 of best 6 or 7 teams in the league

They are gonna play toronto or Boston, so I dont know if even going out in r1 is a huge flop
True true!

In my eyes Florida has amazing team and I wish them (and Giroux) to make it far, but I don't have a good feeling about the play-offs and I don't know why :D mb because of the opponents you mentioned?...

Back