NHL Series Prices & Cup Futures

If the way the NHL pairs the playoff matchups isn't fucked up enough, now in the second round they have western games tonight then eastern tomorrow. Fucking brilliant dipshits. Instead of a game starting at 7:00 ET both nights they have two games basically on top of one another tomorrow night.

If the way the NHL pairs the playoff matchups isn't fucked up enough, now in the second round they have western games tonight then eastern tomorrow. Fucking brilliant dipshits. Instead of a game starting at 7:00 ET both nights they have two games basically on top of one another tomorrow night.

Totally agree. The scheduling & the way they pair teams is ridiculous. Rivalries in the NHL aren't dependent on the teams meeting in the playoffs. Pitt/Philly, Detroit/Chicago, Toronto/Montreal, Buffalo/Toronto NYR/NYI, Philly/NYR, Boston/Montreal ect. are rivalries based on the regular season, historical & geographical factors. How often do teams meet in the playoffs back to back years anyway? Vancouver/Chicago wouldn't make the top 50 rivalries IMO. I realize they met three times in a row between 09-11, but none were in the conference finals & only 4 of 20 games were decided by one goal. Besides, three years is too short to be considered a real rivalry. I hate the fact the two best teams have no shot at meeting in the finals. Even though that situation tends to be fluid with respect to teams rising & falling in their respective conferences, it still limits the matchups. How great would it be to have a Montreal/Toronto final (not so great for the networks), or NYR/NYI & LAK/Anaheim. There can never be a final involving the Original 6 again, unless Chicago is involved. I wish they'd go back to the format of the early 80's, when they seeded everyone 1-16 & just let them play it out.

Guessing Oilers/Ducks tonight will get pretty favorable ratings with no West Coast NBA going at the same time, plenty of sports fans out here will watch game one of an entertaining series by default...NBA will be over by 7:45 tonight.

Actually, the format isn't ridiculous, but it is very limiting.
I don't know, if the NCAA had it set up where the 1 and 2 seeds could end up meeting in the Sweet Sixteen, I think people would have plenty to say.

It's best case for us as we can beat the Rangers, but if you're a hockey fan, having to see Washington/Pitt in the 2nd round is pretty much absurd.

Back