NHL playoffs - the goal = +15 units

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
Really I'd like to do +20. Hell, I'd like to do +50, but let's keep it realistic.

I haven't been as close to hockey this year as I'd like to be for betting purposes, so I'm going to start off treading lightly. But I feel like the NHL playoffs are holding some money for me and that I have to go get it.

All I have right now is Pittsburgh +165 to win their first round series.

I'm leaning toward piggy-backing on Lippsman's dog system for the first round and it doesn't hurt that I like a number of those plays anyway.

So far my leans for the first few games of round one are:

Today:
Pens' ML +150 - .5 unit
Minny ML +140 - .5 unit

Thursday:
NYI ML +230 - .5 unit

Calgary ML +175 - leaning
TB ML +155 - leaning

Though I don't do signatures, my quest for the NHL playoffs is a paraphrase from an Ichiro quote I heard today: "I hope these picks arouse the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul."

Good luck, everybody. Let's Go Pens.

Last edited:
Thanks, Liquid. Good luck to you, too.

I'll update this list with the final plays for tomorrow, tomorrow, but I can tell you right now that the majority of those games will be on there.

I will bet the Islanders in both games in Buffalo if they lose game one, and I will almost certainly bet them in game one back on Long Island unless they're up 2-0.

Basically the same story with Pittsburgh. I think both those teams split the first two games so I will be that accordingly.

Calgary I'm just hoping can steal game one, I don't really want to have to bet them twice.

Minny worries me a little bit, so does TB, but those are in the system so I'll give 'em a run.

Definitely need to watch the games for momentum swings, huge in the playoffs. Look no further than Koivu going down vs the Canes last year.

He stays in Habs win the series, then who knows

like the price of those 2 chase dogs in game 2... surprised to see the +170 on the Pens in all honesty, thought in the neighbourhood of 145

Yeah, what the f**k is +170 about? I'll take some of that. Oh, and the Penguins win game one in Pittsburgh no matter what happens in game two.

Well, if they run it up on 'em it might be less attractive. But win or lose a close one, they win game three.

anyone have tomorrow game lines? Bodog is lagging.

Close your eyes Joe

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#d0d0d0><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>Fri 4/13</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>1</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>San Jose Sharks</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> +1.5 -230 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>+125 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> OVER 5.5 +112 <TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#d0d0d0><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> 05:05 PM</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>2</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>Nashville Predators <TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> -1.5 +210 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>-135 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> UNDER 5.5 -122 </TD><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> Fri 4/13</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>3</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>Dallas Stars</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> +1.5 -245 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>+114 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> OVER 5.5 +121 <TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> 06:05 PM</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>4</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>Vancouver Canucks <TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> -1.5 +225 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>-124 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> UNDER 5.5 -131 </TD><TR bgColor=#d0d0d0><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> Fri 4/13</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>5</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>Minnesota Wild</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> +1.5 -215 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>+142 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> OVER 5 +115 <TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#d0d0d0><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> 07:30 PM</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>6</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>Anaheim Ducks <TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> -1.5 +195 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>-152 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> UNDER 5 -125 </TD><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> Fri 4/13</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>41</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>Away Goals</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> +1 -105 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>+155 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> OVER 16 -105 <TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> 05:05 PM</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>42</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>Home Goals <TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> -1 -105 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>-165 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> UNDER 16 -105 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=blk-title colSpan=7>NHL OT Incl Hockey - Sat 4/14</TD></TR><TR class=wht-title bgColor=#16177c><TD colSpan=3>Game</TD><TD noWrap>Spread</TD><TD noWrap>Money Line</TD><TD noWrap>Total Points</TD><TD>More </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#d0d0d0><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> Sat 4/14</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>7</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>Pittsburgh Penguins</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> +1.5 -175 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>+170 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> OVER 6.5 +100 <TD vAlign=center align=middle rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#d0d0d0><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> 12:05 PM</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>8</TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>Ottawa Senators <TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> -1.5 +165 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap>-180 </TD><TD class=main_body_blk noWrap> UNDER 6.5 -110 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yeah, what the f**k is +170 about? I'll take some of that. Oh, and the Penguins win game one in Pittsburgh no matter what happens in game two.

Well, if they run it up on 'em it might be less attractive. But win or lose a close one, they win game three.

Been a long time coming for a game in the Igloo. should be rocking. Did you hear the Vancouver crowd? Wow. ottawa too, just a different ball game in the second season:wacka wacka:

Plays for Thursday, officially:

NYI ML +230 - .5 unit
Calgary ML +175 - .5 unit
TB ML +155 - .5 unit

I also took some of the Pens +170 for Saturday, but, you know, that's Saturday.

Current record: 1-2 (-.5 unit)

just a different ball game in the second season

Exactly the reason I wanted Toronto in the post-season. Did you hear Nashville?

Yeah, I didn't either.

just a different ball game in the second season

Exactly the reason I wanted Toronto in the post-season. Did you hear Nashville?

Yeah, I didn't either.

Pretty much the reason Im playing the Rangers tonight.

I was amazed when the Leafs played the Canes in the conference finals. I made one call to ticketmaster and I had 4 seats on my visa 15 rows up in 10 minutes for the cost of upper bowls at the ACC, lol.

I'll probably be in a box in Ottawa should this Pens / Sens go 7:wacka wacka:

I'll probably be in a box in Ottawa should this Pens / Sens go 7

I'd be jealous if that's the case. Though, you know me, I don't think it's going to go seven.

Let's go Pens.

I like to tail good cappers who have a couple cold days. I eagerly await your picks, Joe.

I appreciate that, John, but I'd wait on it and here's why.

Right now to get myself familiar with the playoffs, I'm playing a system. That is that the majority of the series will split the first two games. So any ML over +130 I'm taking a shot on.

Problem is, there are a couple of these plays I really don't like (I didn't like TB tonight, and I didn't like Minny yesterday either). But it's a system so I'm going small trying to get it to pay off in cumulative numbers.

The only play I've really liked in the past two days was San Jose--who almost blew it. I liked Pittsburgh, but mostly because of the value.

The two picks upcoming that I like and will play almost no matter what are Pittsburgh and the Islanders back at home in their respective Game Threes. These other things I'm sort of trapped into now looking for a couple of dogs to bite in Game Two.

But, like I said, it's a basically blind system, they're not 'capped, so it's tough to really hang my hat on them as my own plays.

I hear that. In NBA this year I did a trends and things, similiar to what RobertoFiory did at Covers for NFL. I didn't like some of the picks it spit out, but it wound up going 19-12 on the year. Good luck tomorrow either way.

Tonight:

Minny +140 - .5 unit

Dallas +115 - .5 unit

Minny because I'm trying to have faith in the system, Dallas because although I don't have a lot of faith in Turco, I think they're very evenly matched and can steal one in Vancouver. I'm also hoping for a little fatigue out of the home team, though that might be hoping for a bit much.

Playing Minny for a full unit and not part of the system losses from game 1. On the other side of Minny

Kind of pissed they decided to post a 5.5 for the total. No way would I post a 40 cent juiced total after a 9 goal performance in game 1. Just not worth it. I dont have any juice on totals from a deal, but I might if its -40, lol

GL Joe

Yeah, I don't really feel anything for any of these totals. I know you lean toward the under in Vancouver, but I'm with you, it's really not worth the juice.

Really, if you wanted to go that route you could under the salami. Tough to see a lot of goals in that Minny game. So if you get the under there and the under in Vancouver, you will almost certainly get the salami--which is only -130 and you're getting 16.

The only good thing is you can get it at 5 at 5dimes, for plus juice... dont have anything in there right now though:down:

Probably wont play any more unders though until the switch in venues. HEard something on a broadcast of the same thing happening last night with refs asserting themselves then tapering off

Oh, I also put a little more on the Pens to win the series. Now it's at +250.

Saw it at Pinny at 265 and was shocked... played the new price for Nashville though. Down 1-0 and needing a split tonight and a win in SJ to gain home ice back isnt that far a stretch IMO.

GL with the Pens Joe.

Tonight: 1-1 (even)

Overall: 2-6 (-2 units)

Saturday:

Pens ML +170 - .5 unit
TB ML +170 - .5 unit
NYI +230 - .5 unit

Whoohoo. The only thing that prevents a clean sweep is my own, poor call. Which, if I had any cajones, would have been evened out by me playing the Isles under, but I laid off.

Still, I can't be anything but happy on the day.

Today: 3-1 (+1.5 units)

Overall: 4-7 (-.5 unit)

I also put a couple of bucks on an all-dog parlay today which won and which is really why I'm in such a great mood right now. It paid 28/1, but I didn't post it, so I'm not going to count it.

The goal still remains the same, I'll almost certainly stick with the final system play and give the Flames a run tomorrow morning, though they worry me quite a bit.

Thanks, Bet.

Sunday:

Calgary ML +210 - .5 unit
Minny -140 - .5 unit

I'll also likely play the Pens depending on the number.

Adding:

Pens ML -115 - .5 unit

Pens -1.5 (+230) - .25 unit

Vancouver +130 - .5 unit

Vancouver for the series +125 - 1 unit

I'm going to up this Pens play to a full unit. It's now down to even at Olympic, plus money at Matchbook. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

This is the Pens first home playoff game in, I think, five years. I don't know why they shouldn't be favored at home.

I'm going to up this Pens play to a full unit. It's now down to even at Olympic, plus money at Matchbook. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

This is the Pens first home playoff game in, I think, five years. I don't know why they shouldn't be favored at home.

completely agree, Joe. now that they got that first win under their belt...watch the fuck out, if you're Ottawa.

Thank you, Vancouver. Thank you, Gambling Gods.

Today: 1-3 (-1.5 units)

Overall: 5-10 (-2 units)

Holy f**king handjobs. 5-10, what is that? A good batting average for a double-header? What you get for armed robbery? Well, whatever it is, it's nothing nice for me. Particularly since wrapped up in that is a Pens series bet that looks like it's going nowhere fast.

Time to re-rack, re-evaluate a bit.

But, in the words of Stephen A. Smith, someone I don't really care much about but feel like quoting anyway, make no mistake about it, I'm not happy with some of what's gone on here.

Last edited:
Back