• Thread starter Thread starter The Capping Genius
  • Start date Start date
T

The Capping Genius

NFL Season 14-10
Thursday

Philly -3 (2u) vs Kansas City.
Simple choice for me on this one.
KC played two teams that are not real good. They beat a Dallas team that was lucky to have one win in the game against the Giants where the Giants had 6 turnovers, The other KC win was against jerksonville, who had a safety and a pick 6 as free gifts for the Chiefs.

Philly was up against the Skins and San Diego whom each could and would beat the Chiefs
No doubt, I'm on Philly

Sunday

Packers -2.5(1u) vs Bengals.
Cincy off a big win over Pittsburgh. Steelers were unable to amass any offense as they were held to 14 first downs. That gave Cincy a lot more time and opportunities to move the ball.
Packers may not have a solid defense but they should be able to hold down the Bengals enough to cover.

Arizona +8(2u) vs Saints, Cards can stay in this with Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald And RB Mendenhall

Washington+1 (4u) vs Detroit. Skins won't be 0-3 after today. Lions are still not dominating

Houston -1(2u) vs Baltimore. SB winner a home dog? Must be that Rice wont play,

Minnesota-7(1u) vs Cleveland.

Miami -2.5 (4u)
vs Atlanta. Top Play for me at 4 units. Falcons are soft at scoring in road games. Phins are under rated right now,

San Fran -10(3u) vs Colts. Colts have more than RB issues and Richardson won't be the quick fix today.

Seattle -18.5 (2u)
vs Jacksonville. I expect no touchdowns today from an 18 point dog

Bears -1(3u)
vs Pittsburgh. Don't have a lot of faith yet in new Bears offense but Steelers remain tied for last with Browns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday
A rough Sunday. Bears and over helped a bit.

Denver -13.5 (-120) (2u)
The Raiders are playing better than a year ago but have faced the Colts and Jerksonville. Terrel Pryor is the Raider hopefull at QB. He has limited passing numbers to get a real clear picture of him. He managed obly 120 yds passing against J'ville, but had a better day against the Colts with 217 yds. He was picked for 2 int's in Indy.
I wonder how good he will be when forced to pass after trailing in Mile High. He runs well when he pulls down the ball, but the 112 yds rushing he had was against the Jags.

I think that Pryor will have to play like a top rated NFL QB to stay in this game. I don't see it. If I'm the Denver coaching staff, all I need to worry about is McFadden and Pryor running. Nothing else seems threatening when it comes to the passing game,
I don't think the Raider defense can solve the Welker factor and Manning should be able to name his own score tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Philly was up against the Skins and San Diego whom each could and would beat the Chiefs

You may be on the right side tonight, but this is silly. I don't question your football acumen, I just am curious if you have actually watched film on the Chiefs to make this assertion. Because right now KC would blow Washington out.

The other KC win was against jerksonville, who had a safety and a pick 6 as free gifts for the Chiefs.

The Jags got the safety. Not exactly a gift to KC.

KC played two teams that are not real good

Sleep on Dallas if you wish. Have watched the tape of all four NFC East teams and Dallas is the best of the lot.

Health to you on the play, but just seemed like a simplistic approach to the game. I could see Philly winning and covering, but not because they are better, simply the short week and no travel. Normal week, KC wins and it might not be close.

You may be on the right side tonight, but this is silly. I don't question your football acumen, I just am curious if you have actually watched film on the Chiefs to make this assertion. Because right now KC would blow Washington out.

The other KC win was against jerksonville, who had a safety and a pick 6 as free gifts for the Chiefs.

The Jags got the safety. Not exactly a gift to KC.

KC played two teams that are not real good

Sleep on Dallas if you wish. Have watched the tape of all four NFC East teams and Dallas is the best of the lot.

Health to you on the play, but just seemed like a simplistic approach to the game. I could see Philly winning and covering, but not because they are better, simply the short week and no travel. Normal week, KC wins and it might not be close.

I was right but you won. Turnovers control almost everything. Five (5) of them to be exact,
Thanks for your perspective,

I was right but you won. Turnovers control almost everything. Five (5) of them to be exact,
Thanks for your perspective,

Not going to get into a pointless pissing contest, but I fail to see how you were right. At all. You see it as luck or happenstance apparently that these turnovers happened. The defense forced the turnovers (minus the punt drop) and accounted for (I believe) 6 sacks. At no point was Philly in control of this game. And since the Chiefs play both the Chargers and Skins (two teams they apparently can't beat since you were right) I'll be interested to see how it goes. Thanks for the reply.

Not going to get into a pointless pissing contest, but I fail to see how you were right. At all. You see it as luck or happenstance apparently that these turnovers happened. The defense forced the turnovers (minus the punt drop) and accounted for (I believe) 6 sacks. At no point was Philly in control of this game. And since the Chiefs play both the Chargers and Skins (two teams they apparently can't beat since you were right) I'll be interested to see how it goes. Thanks for the reply.

I guess we'll see how good KC is, Thanks for your reply.

I can only imagine how many times SF coach Harbaugh is thinking,, How do I get Alex Smith back.
Niners are done this year

Adding Over 40.5 Bears/Steelers (1u)
Adding Bears -1 (1u)

Back