YTD: 20-14 +9.32
Sides: 7-6 -0.4
Totals: 5-3 +2.39
Teaser: 2-2 +2.00
Parlays 1-2 +1.85
Prop : 2-0 +2.10
Half 3-1 +1.38
Margin Against the Close
The MAC system requires that a teams MAC score is either + or – 40 and if they are a fade team (score in the +) they had to have covered the prior week. If they are a PLAY ON team, they had to have not covered last week. The purpose of the MAC is to measure a team’s performance against the markets expectations.

Mac Fades
Overall 3-0 +3.00
MAC Play On
Overall 0-0

Week 6 had ONE MAC play:
FADE NEW ENGLAND (+44) and play on COLTS +7.5 or better

Pittsburgh, Miami, and SF were all considerations, but Pitt and SF had covered week 5, and Miami was off a bye. Had you played those, you went 2-1.

Week 7 MAC:
No MAC plays in week 7, but here are some nuggets from the MAC chart:

• Current Range: AZ +59 – JAX -38
  • AZ (+59), Cincy (+46), NY (+43.5), NE (+42), and Pitt (+38) make up the top 5 market beaters to date.
  • Jax (-38), KC (-33,5), Balt (-33), Det (-30.5), and Hou (-27) make up the top 5 market underperformers to date.
  • Cincy is the only team that is undefeated ATS (5-0-1), and the markets still seem to be lagging as the Bengals have beaten the closing number by 2 scores in their last two games. Next weeks game against Pitt will be interesting.
  • Pitt, who plays this week is +26 since Big Ben went down (pushed week 4). Last week, there was buy signal on Pitt, but the +18 MAC, may have turned it into them into a sell spot already.
  • The Ravens are the only team w/out an ATS win (0-5-1), however, their worst MAC performance was -9.5 in wk 5 (33-30 home to Cle).
  • The biggest mover from Week 6 to Week 7 in the MAC standings is MIAMi, who went from a -42 in week 6 to a -11 in week 7.
  • GB (+22.5) MAC, suffered their first ATS loss last week, and has been within a TD or less of the closing number every week.
  • KC has lost 5 straight ATS, posting a -40.5 over that period, BUT are trending in right direction posting MAC’s of -11.5, -11, and -3 L3 – buy signal emerging.
  • NYG has the strongest SELL signal, posting MACs of +20.5, -4 , and -17 L3.

Plays
Carry over:
3T USC +4, NYJ +17.5, STL +3.5 (risking 6 to win 5)

CHIEFS -3, +105 (1.25) and UNDER 43.5 (1.25)
My Line: KC -4 and 40
This bet is more AGAINST Pitt then on KC. My numbers are pointing to a “sell” sign on Pittsburgh, and Landry Jones at QB only makes that stronger. His numbers from last week were a mirage, and with a week to prepare, I think KC’s defense makes him look bad. KC is 5[SUP]th[/SUP] in yards per rush allowed, and should be able to hold Bell somewhat in check.
The UNDER is a natural fit as KC’s offense is terrible, and I don’t expect much from Pitt. I have KC winning, and a 17-13 final fits – as does 21-17.

DALLAS +3, +105 (1.25) and DALLAS +145 (.25) and UNDER 45.5 (1.25)
My line: Ny -2 42
I think we see a MUCH improved Dallas D this week. After sacking Brady 5 times in the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] half two weeks back, the bye week is a big help. The signing of Cassel is a small upgrade at QB. Dallas off a bye, plenty of time to prepare, Giants off MNF less time to prepare, normally not a big deal with divisional games, BUT I think this Dallas D is that much different than the one the Giants saw in week 1.

OAKLAND +3.5 (1.25) and OAKLAND +160 (.25)
My line: SD -2.5 45
SD’s is really bad in two of the indicators I use to measure a team: PTS/Play and PTS/100 yds.

PTS/Play –Offense: SD 0.3 – 27[SUP]th[/SUP] in NFL
PTS/Play – Defense: SD 0.505 – 31[SUP]st[/SUP] in NFL

PTS/100 yds –Offense: SD 4.77 – 31[SUP]st[/SUP] in NFL
PTS/100 yds – Defense: SD 7.66 – 29[SUP]th[/SUP] in NFL

Oakland off a bye, so extra week to prepare. To me, that’s a big deal when dealing with a young team.

Leans:
Rams
Bucs
Texans

:shake:

smh, curious as to where you get the closing lines from, because I thought we'd see 5 teams eligible for MAC plays this week...Cinci (46.5) on a bye though, Jax (-43) and off an ATS loss, KC (-41) and off an ATS loss, NYJ (43.5) and off an ATS win, and Pit (51) and off an ATS loss. Also have Ari at 70, so 11 pts off of your total of 59, so I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong...

Awesome stuff. I just can't play on teams traveling to London the following week. Looking into the historical ATS numbers on this situation right now but from what I've seen so far it's not pretty

smh, curious as to where you get the closing lines from, because I thought we'd see 5 teams eligible for MAC plays this week...Cinci (46.5) on a bye though, Jax (-43) and off an ATS loss, KC (-41) and off an ATS loss, NYJ (43.5) and off an ATS win, and Pit (51) and off an ATS loss. Also have Ari at 70, so 11 pts off of your total of 59, so I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong...

I used Pinnacle, and keep in mind, it's the MAC over a clubs LAST 4. Last 4: Jax I have at -38, Jets +7, KC -30.5, Pitt +19. Sounds like you are using full season MAC numbers.

W/ Arizona, I used a close of -6, for a MAC of -18 for week 6.

I used Pinnacle, and keep in mind, it's the MAC over a clubs LAST 4. Last 4: Jax I have at -38, Jets +7, KC -30.5, Pitt +19. Sounds like you are using full season MAC numbers.

W/ Arizona, I used a close of -6, for a MAC of -18 for week 6.

Gotcha. I was using full season numbers, thanks for the help.

Back