NFL WEEK 5

smh212

Awesomeitus Degenerate
Week 5
YTD: 2-8 -8.69
Off to my worst start to the NFL in 13 years! Hoping the MAC system, and the totals system I have been working on will get me going in the right direction.
Margin Against Close MAC REVIEW:

2015 saw MAC plays go 24-10 for 70% winners. 2014 MAC plays went 32-18 for 64%. System back testing over a 15 year span, showed the worst season at 57%.

MAC plays need 4 weeks of data to start, and history shows, that the plays are just as strong in the first two weeks, WHEN the proper handicapping is applied to account for the quirks of the first 4 weeks. For example, heading into week 5, SF sits at a +8 MAC, good for 10[SUP]th[/SUP] in the league. However, the number is skewed due to their week 1 +30.5 showing against Washington. Since that time, they have posted; -7.5, -9, and -6 performances. As such, SF’s adjusted MAC is -22.5, good for 30[SUP]th[/SUP] in the league.

This week comes with 2 plays, one with an *, and a near miss. After 4 weeks of action, The Eagles are atop the MAC standings with a +67.5 (MAC), but since they were on a bye week last week, they do qualify for the system this week. Still, I would look to back DET, and I’m hoping for a game results that keeps Philly’s number in fade territory. Even though they do not qualify, I will be watching the money line as we get closer to kickoff for a possible Detroit play.. The Eagles have produced MACS of +15, +18, and +34.5 (vs Pitt). Of Note is the +15 came against Cleveland. NO OTHER TEAM has registered a MAC close to that against Cleveland. Since Philly, Cleveland has posted; a -1 ,+4, and -3. Their adjusted MAC is 0, good for 13[SUP]th[/SUP] in the league!

MAC Play-Ons: TAMPA +4.5 or better (1)

Tampa owns a MAC of -41.5, going 1-3 SU and ATS in weeks 1-4. That week 1 win @ ATL and +9.5 MAC performance seems like years ago. Since that time they have posted a -26 (@ AZ), -8.5 (vs LA), and -16.5 ( vs Den). Tampa will be facing the 31[SUP]st[/SUP] poorest MAC team in the league in Carolina. Carolina has -31.5 MAC, and will be starting Derek Anderson. Still, I think waiting closer to game time is the way to go, as the Carolina remains a very public team.

MAC Play-Against: DENVER -4* (.75) (PLAY ON ATLANTA +4)

Denver enters week 5 with a +44 MAC. However, the Denver team on Sunday, will be missing the QB that got them to this spot, and in his place will be a rookie making his first NFL start. Atlanta (the play on team), sits 4[SUP]th[/SUP] in the league w/ a +35 MAC, but has problems of their own; namely a decimated line-backing corp. Take a look at that injury report! Denver fits the MAC model, but the circumstances have me treading lighter on this one.

Bet’s I’ve made:

Ten/Mia UNDER 43.5 (1.25)
My totals system has a strong lean to the under for both teams, equally roughly a TD less, then each teams predicted output.

Be back tomorrow.

:shake2:

Good luck brother.

It'll turn around, you're too good for it not to.

Go Birds !

Thanks fellas! Here is the rest of my card:

HOUSTON +7, -115 (1.25)
My line: Minny -4.5

Grabbed a 7 last night, would play at 6, but for less. Minnesota has a MAC of 39, close to a MAC play, but 1 pt short. Still, the number is an indicator of a team that is likely to be overpriced in the market.
Minny L3 with MAC in()
W vs Green Bay (+4.5)
W @ Carolina (+17.5)
W vs NYG on MNF (+10.5)

Two wins over conference favorites and a primetime beat down, have Minny square in the targets of public eye.

Houston sits at 3-1 on the year. Aside from the week 3 drubbing by NE (-26 mac), Houston has been consistent. Their adjusted MAC score of +14 has them rated as the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] best team in MAC. The JJ Watt news, and the “lucky win” over Tenny (who is always underrated by the markets), has cast a negative profile of this team, which I believe to be unwarranted. Consider that Houston is 8[SUP]th[/SUP] in the league in yardage differential at +46.75. Minnesota? 20[SUP]th[/SUP] at -15.5. An outright win by Houston, would not be a shocker, and if I can find a good price, I will buy some ML.

ATLANTA +4.5 (1) – MAC PLAY
My line: Den -3 (w/ Lynch)

Played Atlanta last night before Lynch news broke. Figured the Lynch confirmation would push the line down, and it has. As discussed earlier this is a fade of Denver, but with the circumstances surrounding the game, I’m not playing it for a full unit.

TAMPA +? (1.25) MAC PLAY

Tampa is a “play-on” MAC play. Given the game is in primetime, and the Carolina is a public team, the plan was to wait. The fact that Cam is out had me thinking 4.5 was going to be the ceiling, but w/ the number sitting at “5” today, I will monitor, and hope for a 6, and bet it at 4.5 if a “6” never appears (as I doubt it will).

Totals plays:
I worked on a new system over the summer and back-tested over 15 years. It yielded 56-60% depending on the closing number used in the testing. Below are my plays.

Pitt/NyJ UNDER 50 (.75)
Was/Balt UNDER 46 (.75)
Buf/LA OVER 39 (.75)

Back